What would you say comparing ACE and Bazille

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Bazille

Cinebient wrote: Not sure what it is but it has a tone and character which talks to me in a way where the others let me cold a bit now.
For me ACE, even with the wider sounds, still remains focused. The large sonic space found with other synths is not really found. And that's OK since there's quality in that, in not being all over the place. And then some processed parallel reverb can be added in mixing, to open up the sounds a bit.

buescher wrote:well, they're both spinoffs of the Berlin Modular project. owning both grants some sort of favor if and when the Berlin is ever formally introduced, i believe.
I have a feeling that owning just one will grant you a pretty substantial discount. U-he is good to their customers like that.

I got them both at the same time, and would welcome BazAce.

I own both too and like both very much. The technical differences already have been explained. So I like to comment the sound.

BAZILLE is more digital (but veeeery good) sounding but can do warm lush and deep analog-like sounds as well as all the fun modular madness. It´s more versatile and complex.

ACE is really (relatively spreaking) full analogish sounding. I am reminded of a DOEPFER modular system. I own a small hardware DOEPFER unit myself and ACE is heading totally in that direction soundwise. It can be harsh and very metallic but always keeps its analog character. It´s a cool powerful tool with a limited complexity, what is a good thing for me. It has a completely different sound-character than BAZILLE. ACE is way less demanding on CPU without sacrifying sound-quality.

Get Both! :)

Id say dont compare as they are both must haves IMO. Pick up ACE first and then buy Bazille.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Id say dont compare as they are both must haves IMO. Pick up ACE first and then buy Bazille.
Thanks! This is just what I did, yay!

Still lust for Bazille! Will get it someday, it's an awesome synth (and maybe my last U-He wishlist item)

Do it in any case - you will have so much fun with it and it will please your ears in so many ways...happy programming :)

I would love a u-he synth that had the basic structure of ACE, with a bunch of added Bazille modules (quantizers, lag, rectifier etc) and the sound quality and character of RePro...

pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:33 pm I would love a u-he synth that had the basic structure of ACE, with a bunch of added Bazille modules (quantizers, lag, rectifier etc) and the sound quality and character of RePro...
Yes, I'm waiting for this!

Maybe uhe should make a true modular, that would have (built in or purchasable) modules of everything they have done up this day?

Cheese machine, diva, repro, hive, bazille etc etc oscillators, filters, uhbik fx etc etc.. 8)

That's funny...

Let's A/B Ace and Bazille...

So would we A/Z Ace and Zebra ?
No auto tune...

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:43 pm Maybe uhe should make a true modular, that would have (built in or purchasable) modules of everything they have done up this day?

Cheese machine, diva, repro, hive, bazille etc etc oscillators, filters, uhbik fx etc etc.. 8)
I think at one point they were working towards something similar, under the name "Berlin Modular." The ACE manual may even make reference to the project. Pretty sure the Berlin Modular project isn't happening, or at least, not any time soon. Wouldn't mind seeing some VCV Rack modules though. I'd be happy to pay for U-he filters, Oscs, Multiplixer, Shape Sequencer, etc. VCV has a lot of great modules, especially on the control side, but it could definitely benefit from more super high quality filter and osc options IMO. As well as Urs' eye for design (like the Multiplexer, which is just a brilliant design IMO).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:09 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:43 pm Maybe uhe should make a true modular, that would have (built in or purchasable) modules of everything they have done up this day?

I think at one point they were working towards something similar, under the name "Berlin Modular." The ACE manual may even make reference to the project. Pretty sure the Berlin Modular project isn't happening, or at least, not any time soon. Wouldn't mind seeing some VCV Rack modules though. I'd be happy to pay for U-he filters, Oscs, Multiplixer, Shape Sequencer, etc. VCV has a lot of great modules, especially on the control side, but it could definitely benefit from more super high quality filter and osc options IMO. As well as Urs' eye for design (like the Multiplexer, which is just a brilliant design IMO).
Wasn't that bazille?

True! Though I'd rather see cherry modules than vcv :)

Az of Bace. :clown:

Return to “u-he”