I own zebra.. but want a new synth.. which?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Urs... zebrah is my almost the only synth i use.. its awesome love it... but id like to buy a new synth... one that easily makes cool different sounds, is playable and low on cpu..

Which one should i buy?

Easy to use and Low on CPU screams Hive. It's good complement to the much more complex Zebra.

Hello, you want Hive. If you are looking for something outside the U-he library I would recommend Arcsyn or Sylenth honestly. What you want is analog to go with your workstation like creamy digital, and it should use the same type of algorithmic oscillators for staying in the mix and playing together well. Hive fits the bill.

forgot also synapse The Legend would be a very good fit.

I tried The Legend (demo). I think it has some nice sounds, though I personally like Diva a lot better overall.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I was in the same place and went with Hive. It's easy and fun to work with and sounds phenomenal! I love that you can use recursive modulation, love the filters, and the three synth engines. Get the manual and check out Howards tips and tricks...

giorgiomartini wrote:Which one should i buy?
Get the demos of Hive, ACE, Bazille.

ACE is probably my favourite u-he product. I still check back hoping for the long awaited ACE XL or whatever he decides to call the larger analog style modular to rival Bazille...

MitchK1989 wrote:ACE is probably my favourite u-he product. I still check back hoping for the long awaited ACE XL or whatever he decides to call the larger analog style modular to rival Bazille...
I would so love an "ACE XL" (or whatever name) with a similar number of modules to Bazille... and building on all that u-he has learned about analog emulation in the past few years!

A number of fully modular options are now available... but I find I am more productive and enjoy the 'limitation' of Bazille.

MitchK1989 wrote:ACE is probably my favourite u-he product. I still check back hoping for the long awaited ACE XL or whatever he decides to call the larger analog style modular to rival Bazille...
I also think it's the best and has the most user-friendly user interface of all U-he synths.

Shouldn't it be called ACA as in any cable anywhere rather than everywhere? 8) I think it would make much more sense, the English language is pretty precise in that respect...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dune 2 is amazing, but Hive is quite nice as well. What style of music, or style(s) you mostly doing ? I feel that would help us all in recommending you a synth. :)

My favorite too. Unfortunately it's probably the least popular U-He synth, so the wait will probably be long. :(

giorgiomartini wrote:Hey Urs... zebrah is my almost the only synth i use.. its awesome love it... but id like to buy a new synth... one that easily makes cool different sounds, is playable and low on cpu..

Which one should i buy?
Yea, if you want to stay within the u-he product line, Hive is your best option. Everything else is rather CPU demanding or more specialized in what it does, while Zebra is kinda tricky to beat when it comes to "different sounds".

Another option would be to gather some sound sets that cover a different approach or go for Zebra HZ maybe.

If you still want something new and not spend money and still use u-he: TripleCheese! That's one overlooked gem of a synth and it's free! :D

Will Triple Cheese get the new patch browser? :D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”