Softube Console 1 Total Integration

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you very much. Appreciate the insight.

any update on that script?

xonetacular wrote:any update on that script?
Yes? 8)

If you are asking about the Platform-M script:
ATM it's on hold since the JS API in BWS 2.0 is so unstable that I have given up on working with it.
We see totally random behaviour with the script: one day it works, the next it doesn't recognize the [DESK] devices, sometimes it initialises okay, sometimes it stays mute, sometimes it works if you create a new BWS-project from scratch, but stops working if you save the project...
Doesn't make any sense to me and I have no idea what's going on. Somehow it feels as if something basic with the initialisation of callbacks is borked. :shrug:
We had a similar script for BWS 1.x that worked fine.

I didn't get feedback from support when I tried to get help the last time, so I'm pretty much lost.

We therefore didn't continue with the second round of the script, where we would have made it more versatile for general use.

In it's current state it would be a support-nightmare and of limited use to others.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:If you are asking about the Platform-M script:
ATM it's on hold since the JS API in BWS 2.0 is so unstable that I have given up on working with it.
Bummer! Thanks for the update, Thomas!
In my humble opinion Bitwig could be doing a better job supporting you as this would be a perfect alternative to Softube Console 1!

Hey guys, whoever is interested in our Console 1 killa project... good news, we have managed to come up with some new code and methods that has got the project right back on track :-)

Testing and developing again now, but hopefully will have something presentable and workable in the near future.

Cheers!
DALE

:love: :love: :love: :hyper: :phones:

nice tune!!

+1 Console 1 user here. I sent them a feauture request mail!
Also they have to add auto track # numbering with renamed tracks!

Just ordered the Icon Platform M+. Would it be possible to receive a copy of the script you have so far @askewd and @ThomasHelzle? I would like to contribute to your work you did so far and not start from scratch. Not sure what your plans are, but it would be nice if other people could make contributions.

I had to withdraw from the coding part since it took too much time out of my overall time budget.
This also has to do with the fact that I myself don't really use any controllers - funny as it may sound, I still prefer a mouse. :-)

Dale has a version that is mostly working now, but could use some refinements and improvements/extensions.

It has the [DESK] mode that jumps automatically to a device called "[DESK]" on each track (usually a chain device that contains all your mixing devices and plugins) and maps itself to the parameter pages of that device. The first PP is used for the master fader and then all further PPs are used in groups of two for the Faders and the Knobs. These "groups" can be reached with 7 modes with 3 submodes each - 21 parameter pages should be plenty... :-)
The jog wheel is used for fine control on the parameter last touched in 3 steps of resolution.
Mode 8 is for 24 sends in 3 submodes.
Then there is a basic Mixer mode where faders adjust track volume, the knobs pan and the buttons do what's printed on them.
Basic transport and track navigation works in both modes.
We didn't deal with the optional Display since we don't have it and also not with additional units for more channels.

So anybody who is capable of dealing with JavaScript is probably quite welcome to join forces with Dale.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: So anybody who is capable of dealing with JavaScript is probably quite welcome to join forces with Dale.
Yes please! I normally do C# programming, but JS is not that difficult, so I would like to join! Where can I sign up? :tu:

Hi C-quence.

Fantastic to hear you're willing to help us finish this! Please email me & let's chat!

dale [at] bassmonkeys.com

I just want to say a massive thank you to Tom. He has taken this script 99% of the way and I know it wasn't the most 'fun' he's ever had on a project due to lots of unexpected inconsistencies in the bitwig API. So Tom - thank you so much for persevering as much as you did.

I tried to learn some programming to finish the final 1% but it's simply proving impossible due to lack of available time in my life at mo.

So yes, ecstatic you are offering your help C-quence email me and I'll send you the script, Tom has commented most of it nicely so hopefully you'll be able to get your head around it.

Best
Dale

That sounds like a good idea!
@Thomas: Are we allowed to modify your script and publish it on github?

C-quence wrote:That sounds like a good idea!
@Tom: Are we allowed to modify your script and publish it on github?
Of Course! :tu:

It's not "my" script, since I solely developed it for Dale.

I personally may write a much simpler script for the Platform M one day and only use it for Midi learn with bidirectional faders when that feature returns. My setups are just too diverse to allow for any "standard" approach or unification, so "normal" controllers/scripts do nothing for me.

Cheers and best of luck!!!

Tom

What is the status of Softube Console 1 Total Integration? Has there been any progress with unofficial support? Any hacks or workarounds?

There is a related feature request posted on https://bitwish.top/t/softube-console-1 ... support/44 but it is orphan and it seems none of us has this controller.

Return to “Bitwig”