Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shidostrife wrote: "no! you've had enough ampsims!"
You can get banned from KVR for saying stuff like that, you know... :P

GreyLion wrote:
shidostrife wrote: "no! you've had enough ampsims!"
You can get banned from KVR for saying stuff like that, you know... :P
omg I forgot the "things-not-to-say-in-audio-forums" list :clown:

GreyLion wrote:
systmu wrote:wow that kuassa vermillion sounds really good for less than $10. Def nab if you're into amp sims. :tu:
+1. Total no-brainer. Incredibly easy to use and sounds great! I've been playing with it and Destructor in parallel, with the Kuassa effects in front, and getting some sounds that really wind my clock.
Oh cool. Found another Destructor user. :D

Are you combining the two in Patchwork?

shidostrife wrote:struggling with myself now

"it's only ten bucks"
"no! you've had enough ampsims!"
"but..."
"you just bought amplitube!"
There is the CM variant FWIW. I have it, and have never installed it, which is all that I need to realize that I don't need the full version either, if that helps.

Backsnack wrote: Oh cool. Found another Destructor user. :D

Hey, Backsnack! Destructor is easily my favorite ampsim. Right now, when I run in parallel, it's generally by recording two channels simultaneously.

But I do want Patchwork, badly. If it doesn't go on sale on Black Friday or over the holidays, I'll almost certainly get it early next year.

Back onto the deal -- Vermilion may not end up being your number one, but it truly is excellent for clean and crunchy tone, and is sooo simple to dial in. I haven't experimented with it extensively yet, like disabling its cab IRs and following with Rosen and 3Sigma IRs, but it's damn good right out of the box. Definitely not a wannabe.

Ghettosynth -- But you're not primarily a guitarist, are you?

And it's never about whether you need it. It's about whether you have to have it.

GreyLion wrote:
Backsnack wrote: Oh cool. Found another Destructor user. :D

Hey, Backsnack! Destructor is easily my favorite ampsim. Right now, when I run in parallel, it's generally by recording two channels simultaneously.

But I do want Patchwork, badly. If it doesn't go on sale on Black Friday or over the holidays, I'll almost certainly get it early next year.

Back onto the deal -- Vermilion may not end up being your number one, but it truly is excellent for clean and crunchy tone, and is sooo simple to dial in. I haven't experimented with it extensively yet, like disabling its cab IRs and following with Rosen and 3Sigma IRs, but it's damn good right out of the box. Definitely not a wannabe.
Yeah I'll play with it tomorrow probably. Definitely picked it up for that price. I also want Patchwork, but if I'm being honest, I'll probably pick up the Crafter's Pack so I can also get MB-7 and FreqAnalystMulti. The other two plugins in the pack are just icing on the cake that will probably be fun as well.

As far as paid IR's, I'm total nut for Two Notes Torpedo Studio. Such an amazing piece of software, and when they have sales on packs of cabinets, they're pretty reasonable. Worth every penny. Plus ... I don't know of any other IR software where you can position the mic behind the cabinet. 8)

I've been experimenting with combining Destructor and Torpedo Studio. Turning off the the IR section of Destructor and just using it for the waveshaping/"amp sim" portion with pretty good results. Although just Destructor on its own is amazingly versatile.

GreyLion wrote:Ghettosynth -- But you're not primarily a guitarist, are you?

And it's never about whether you need it. It's about whether you have to have it.
Well, not any more, but I play guitar probably better than any other instrument that I claim to bang on. I still have more than one tube guitar amp to my name, although they almost never get used. I play through my cheap fender modeling amp more than anything else.

I have at least a half a dozen different solutions for guitar and they don't get enough use for me to justify another one.

ghettosynth wrote:
GreyLion wrote:Ghettosynth -- But you're not primarily a guitarist, are you?

Well, not any more, but I play guitar probably better than any other instrument that I claim to bang on. I still have more than one tube guitar amp to my name, although they almost never get used. I play through my cheap fender modeling amp more than anything else.

I have at least a half a dozen different solutions for guitar and they don't get enough use for me to justify another one.
Since Kempers and the recent line of high-end Line6 has blown the doors off of what people thought amp/cab modeling could do, I kinda wonder if we're going to start seeing more guitarists going the modeling route for live use, instead of tube amps. (Like for real this time, not 10 years ago when all the modeling stuff sounded like total ass.)

Figure you can spend $70 for something like Cantabile. With enough amp sims and effects, you could use a laptop, audio interface, and a MIDI foot controller to replace an amp stack and entire pedalboard. :)

ghettosynth wrote:

"it's only ten bucks"
"but..."
There is the CM variant FWIW. I have it, and have never installed it, which is all that I need to realize that I don't need the full version either, if that helps.
Oh yes, you reminded me. I checked again and found the CM is 32-bit only, and I think it's a different amp albeit from the same company.

And greylion is right, it's not about whether I need it or not, it's more about 'want' :clown:

Vermilion does feel like an upgrade from the CM edition with its extra channels and cab options. Really good fast workflow. Crazy deal!

My only complaint is that most of the presets use the spring reverb... but if you can use an amp then you won't be needing those anyway.

[*]
systmu wrote:wow that kuassa vermillion sounds really good for less than $10. Def nab if you're into amp sims. :tu:
Where is it for 10 bucks??...nevermind found it! Bargain!!

"it's only ten bucks"
"but..."
I think someone started an AA like thread in the Off Topic area in relation to trying to stop the GAS. I think it may have abandoned for lack of interest. :lol:

Not to change the subject :-) ...but any thoughts on the NI SoundIron deal?

50% off SoundIron products from NI and $250 for the whole bundle of 15 products:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2017/

Appears to be a good deal, but don't have a lot of experience with SoundIron products.

rockhopper wrote:Not to change the subject :-) ...but any thoughts on the NI SoundIron deal?

50% off SoundIron products from NI and $250 for the whole bundle of 15 products:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2017/

Appears to be a good deal, but don't have a lot of experience with SoundIron products.
It is a great deal! Soundiron makes really good stuff. I have several things on the list that cost more than the bundle when I got them, and I still considered the bundle for what else is there. The choirs are great. APE elements is a really good percussion library. Haven't tried any of the sound design ones, but overall, lots of value for the bundle.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”