HOFA System 1 multi-fx: 20 modules for €50

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HOFA SYSTEM All Bundle HOFA SYSTEM basic

pc2000:
The EQ for example is limited to a single band, but you can load as many as needed & simply choose different frequencies
NO, thats the description, but it is WRONG:
I have made a more detailed test, now I would not exclude the possibility of a bug anymore cause the only two preset categories where I can get access to components of the surface are "reverb" and "spatial", all other categories, NOTHING, surface just "overgrayed", info only in full version
And thats the problem, hope there will be an answer from support soon......

tatanka wrote:pc2000:
The EQ for example is limited to a single band, but you can load as many as needed & simply choose different frequencies
NO, thats the description, but it is WRONG:
I have made a more detailed test, now I would not exclude the possibility of a bug anymore cause the only two preset categories where I can get access to components of the surface are "reverb" and "spatial", all other categories, NOTHING, surface just "overgrayed", info only in full version
And thats the problem, hope there will be an answer from support soon......
Well... I don't know what's happening on your end as far as the EQ, but I've done the very thing I've posted several times! You can't add bands that work to the same EQ module, but you can load multiple modules and choose different filters for each instance.

As far as presets... unless they contain the free versions, you can't adjust the presets, only load them since they include the paid features. You have the module tab and the preset tab. Make certain the preset tab on the upper left corner is checked. There is a master mix level on the upper right corner to balance the amount of FX vs dry. IMO, you get better mileage from the individual plugin versions. You can save your presets with the system and load them in the single plugins. The issue is that things aren't very clear to the user, so there's a lot of confusion in the beginning.

pc2000:

Thanks a lot for the info, think I need a second look on it. I have only looked on the presets cause I wanted to have a quick look on the possibilities, not tried to load any modules separately so far.
The issue is that things aren't very clear to the user, so there's a lot of confusion in the beginning.
Totally agree on that :lol:

As said before, maybe this version for demo/free/basic was not very clever constructed OR should be accompanied by short instruction how to use and whats possible and what not.

For me description together with the comparable table and without additional information is really irritating, maybe they assumed most people have worked with hofer system before.

I expected something like the free/basic IK stuff, when you load syntronic free for example you only get access to a few patches but they are fully useable. This "overgrayed" and "blacked out" in addition to the constantly appearing "you need the full version for this" is really annoying.

Hi all,
sorry about the confusion and the wrong description of available presets. The different number for HOFA SYSTEM basic somehow went under our radar, the correct number should be around 150. Thanks at tatanka for notifying us about this glitch. I will also reply to your email and we'd like to thank you by giving you a license for the HOFA SYSTEM 2 Bundle.

pc2000 already described a few things about the basic limitations but I'll try to give a hopefully thorough overview:
SYSTEM basic contains all modules that are available in the HOFA SYSTEM plugin with the only exception of MacroPitch. Some modules are fully available (for example all modules for routing) and some have restrictions, listed in the table on this page.

There are two different kinds of presets. Presets for modules can be loaded in HOFA SYSTEM basic as long as the restricted parameters aren't changed. For example an AlgoVerb preset can be loaded as long as it uses the Plate algorithm or a CompSum preset can be loaded if the ratio is set to 3 and the release is set to 22.
Besides module presets a major feature of HOFA SYSTEM is to save whole processing chains. These chains can be loaded and changed in HOFA SYSTEM basic as long as all used modules are in a licensed state (e.g. fully available like the routing modules or an AlgoVerb module that uses the Plate algorithm). If a processing chain preset contains modules that would need a license it can only be loaded if it is a factory (HOFA) preset. In this case it isn't possible to change any routing or parameters.

We'll have a look how we can clarify the difference between HOFA SYSTEM basic and the licensed HOFA SYSTEM.

@wagtunes:
Normally, only in case a processing chain preset is loaded the editing is disabled. If you experience parameters being disabled that aren't mentioned in the limitations list please contact us (plugins@hofa.de) and we'll have a look to fix this.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

Hi Christian,

thanks a lot for the clarification, might be enough if you could add this explanations on the Hofa system basic page. How you describe it of course it makes absolutely sense :D .

So I can imagine you have not even thought about nerds like me coming round and getting it totally wrong :lol: .

(looking forward to the email :oops: , thanks in advance.....)

yellowmix wrote:JI saw the special download manager system whatever it is and noped out of there.
It's a simple exe file. After installing one or several plugins you can simply delete it.

Description updated and much clearer now :tu: :clap:

What I was still wondering after having a quick look: it seems it is mostly intended on channel mixing and on adding effects (like the great algoverb, these are for me the real highlight of the basic/free version, worth the download), special fx/multi fx and modulation.

So does it make sense/it is intended as a mastering solution for non-experts too (to be honest :oops: I miss a "mastering" presets category if it is intended for mastering too) ? So speaking in clear terms: in comparision to the "easy" izotope and ik multimedia solutions or do you at least have to now WHAT you have to use and HOW you have to make your module chain (if it is intended for mastering at all).

yellowmix:
JI saw the special download manager system whatever it is and noped out of there
I usually hate that kind of stuff too but it is really painless and works for me without problems (would compare it to the melda plugin installation apart from that you dont download the whole stuff in advance in a big file but only the needed ones). You really only need it for the donwload (free/basic versions) and the activation (bought version) and can really delete it and forget about afterwards like with the melda installers.

Thanks for the info Chris-S and tatanka. You guessed correctly, it was Melda's installer that turned me off this type of thing.

tatanka wrote:So does it make sense/it is intended as a mastering solution for non-experts too (to be honest :oops: I miss a "mastering" presets category if it is intended for mastering too) ? So speaking in clear terms: in comparision to the "easy" izotope and ik multimedia solutions or do you at least have to now WHAT you have to use and HOW you have to make your module chain (if it is intended for mastering at all).
At the moment there isn't a brickwall limiter included so creating a whole mastering chain is only possible to some extend for now. The included modules are certainly suited for mastering purposes. CompSum for example is based on that famous british buss compresser, a multi-band compressor is quickly built if needed and the EQ with its included analyzer (shown in the large window) allows for precise adjustments. Of course, for mastering the optional oversampling should also be mentioned.
So, along with a brickwall limiter (there's one available from HOFA :wink: ) it is certainly possible to do mastering using HOFA SYSTEM.

The missing mastering presets are a good point. We'll have a look about adding some presets for this purpose.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA:
The missing mastering presets are a good point. We'll have a look about adding some presets for this purpose.
Thanks again for the detailed description and this would be really appreciated :) .

Think together with already existing stuff would help to make my own mastering chain.

Hey Christian,

Any new modules in the works? Just wondering...

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:Any new modules in the works? Just wondering...
The next modules will be a flanger/phaser/chorus suite which will probably be released at the end of this year or early next year.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins

HOFA wrote:
The next modules will be a flanger/phaser/chorus suite which will probably be released at the end of this year or early next year.

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Might I suggest extending it's modulation capabilities in tandem with the new suite? In a discussion here,

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

It seems that it's modulation capabilities is still keeping it back a bit. I can understand why you would add flanger/chorus stuff because it would be more economical in terms of CPU and memory usage, but those can already be made with the current delay module. Gave the demo a spin, really cool plug-in!

Regards
Andrew

HOFA wrote:

Christian
HOFA-Plugins
Sounds great, but if you don't mind the suggestion, an envelope follower would be my No 1 request as far as mods go, followed by some more choice in distortion styles. :pray:

HOFA boss Jochen and his young assistent Fabian showing the new flanger.

https://youtu.be/W-Vx323a6ns

Return to “Effects”