Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dzilizzi wrote:
shidostrife wrote:struggling with myself now

"it's only ten bucks"
"no! you've had enough ampsims!"
"but..."
"you just bought amplitube!"
I think someone started an AA like thread in the Off Topic area in relation to trying to stop the GAS. I think it may have abandoned for lack of interest. :lol:
Yeah, pretty much.

rockhopper wrote:Not to change the subject :-) ...but any thoughts on the NI SoundIron deal?

50% off SoundIron products from NI and $250 for the whole bundle of 15 products:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2017/

Appears to be a good deal, but don't have a lot of experience with SoundIron products.
I've got a number of their products. The $249 price is good for the bundle. You are only getting the light version of their big sellers - Olympus Choir and Mercury Boys Choir. I have some of these, so I'm not sure if the bundle is worth it for me. I wonder if they would give me a discounted price?

Backsnack wrote: Since Kempers and the recent line of high-end Line6 has blown the doors off of what people thought amp/cab modeling could do, I kinda wonder if we're going to start seeing more guitarists going the modeling route for live use, instead of tube amps. (Like for real this time, not 10 years ago when all the modeling stuff sounded like total ass.)

Figure you can spend $70 for something like Cantabile. With enough amp sims and effects, you could use a laptop, audio interface, and a MIDI foot controller to replace an amp stack and entire pedalboard. :)
Umm, yeh, NO!

I mean do you want to look like an axe wielding shred god on stage or....actually, I don't know what I would think of a guitarist plugged into his laptop on stage....practical? pragmatic? frugal? maybe just devoid of the machismo required to fill a pair of rock jeans. :wink:

Has anyone seen a better offer for Heavyocity´s "Intimate Textures" than the $119 standard pricing? Rumour has it that AudioDeluxe sold it at $99 yesterday, but today they are selling at the standard price...

Maybe @Uncle E... ?

Backsnack wrote:
GreyLion wrote:
systmu wrote:wow that kuassa vermillion sounds really good for less than $10. Def nab if you're into amp sims. :tu:
How does the copy protection work on this? I like to have my amp sims on both my laptop for practice and studio machines. Also, anyone compare this to IK's offerings, in particular the fender pack which is also on sale? Unsure if I should grab this at $10, or put that $10 towards the fender pack.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

epiphaneia wrote:Has anyone seen a better offer for Heavyocity´s "Intimate Textures" than the $119 standard pricing? Rumour has it that AudioDeluxe sold it at $99 yesterday, but today they are selling at the standard price...

Maybe @Uncle E... ?
Crap! I had it in the cart for $99 yesterday but then decided to wait for a couple of days. Well, I guess this means that I am saving $99. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

dzilizzi wrote:
shidostrife wrote:struggling with myself now

"it's only ten bucks"
"no! you've had enough ampsims!"
"but..."
"you just bought amplitube!"
I think someone started an AA like thread in the Off Topic area in relation to trying to stop the GAS. I think it may have abandoned for lack of interest. :lol:
Oh yeah! I remember that thread :lol:

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Backsnack wrote: Since Kempers and the recent line of high-end Line6 has blown the doors off of what people thought amp/cab modeling could do, I kinda wonder if we're going to start seeing more guitarists going the modeling route for live use, instead of tube amps. (Like for real this time, not 10 years ago when all the modeling stuff sounded like total ass.)

Figure you can spend $70 for something like Cantabile. With enough amp sims and effects, you could use a laptop, audio interface, and a MIDI foot controller to replace an amp stack and entire pedalboard. :)
Umm, yeh, NO!

I mean do you want to look like an axe wielding shred god on stage or....actually, I don't know what I would think of a guitarist plugged into his laptop on stage....practical? pragmatic? frugal? maybe just devoid of the machismo required to fill a pair of rock jeans. :wink:
He'd look like someone who's tired of schlepping around a gigantic pedalboard, tube amp, and 4x12 cab. :wink:

Backsnack wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:

Umm, yeh, NO!

He'd look like someone who's tired of schlepping around a gigantic pedalboard, tube amp, and 4x12 cab. :wink:
That's what roadies are for :D

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Backsnack wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:

Umm, yeh, NO!

That's what roadies are for :D
^ Levels of popularity I'll never achieve to afford such luxuries.

Backsnack wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:

Umm, yeh, NO!

This must be why I don't care that much about ampsim plugins. When I was playing in bands I had a rig with a Marshal 1936(2x12) cabinet, a rack with a stereo tube amp and way too many effects and preamps and a pedalboard as well as no less than three guitars per gig. I got fed up with it and came up with my one trip rule. If I couldn't carry it all into the venue in one trip, it was too much gear. So obviously this meant one guitar case in one hand, and one combo amp in the other with everything else either in the back of the amp or tucked into the case.

Once I got used to it, I just became more interested in playing than in the details of the distortion or whether or not I was nailing that particular reverb sound or whatever. Of course, none of the bands that I've ever played in were anything to much of anyone, so there's that.

Have there been similar deals for that Soundiron bundle before? I'd like to get that at some point, but buying it before I have the full version of Kontakt/Komplete seems like putting the Kart before the horse.

I would've been more interested in the Soundiron deal if they'd included discounts on their high-end choir products. Maybe someday...
A well-behaved signature.

Backsnack wrote:
^ Levels of popularity I'll never achieve to afford such luxuries.
A quick tip on getting roadies without much popularity. Not sure about in other countries but here in Aus, the Tech Colleges offer certificates in theatre and entertainment. To gain their qualification they need to complete a set number of industry hours work experience. Get them to carry all your gear, set up the stage, fetch drinks and give them a spell sitting at the desk....sign off on a few hours and Bob's yer Uncle, FREE ROADIES!!! :tu:

jacqueslacouth wrote:FREE ROADIES!!! :tu:
With no mention of free drinks.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”