Assigning 1 Control to multiple parameters

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to have 1 assignable control assigned to more than one parameter? If so, I'm not seeing it.

For example, say I want to stack 3 of the same VI to create a layered patch, so I instantiate the VI in slot 1 of the first parallel row, and duplicate it in row 2 and row 3. Now, I want 1 assignable control to control the filter cutoff of each of these 3. Is that possible? Or does each of the filter for each of the 3 VI instances need its own assignable control?

It would be nice to be able to have multiple destinations for 1 control knob, which can create some good things with automation.

That's indeed not possible today, but we are looking into more advanced parameter mapping features for the future.

If your plug-ins support MIDI CC control however (all our plug-ins do), you could use MIDI instead of automation in order to use a single control for multiple values.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:That's indeed not possible today, but we are looking into more advanced parameter mapping features for the future.

If your plug-ins support MIDI CC control however (all our plug-ins do), you could use MIDI instead of automation in order to use a single control for multiple values.
Right. I thought of that. But having multiple parameters controlled by one knob would be really cool! Most of the assignable knobs on the AIR instrument VI's allow that (ie Transfuser, Structure) Can make some nice evolving patches when done right. So, please do give this some serious consideration! Thanks

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”