TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
CS-3301

What about the possible Q shape issue where the Q shape is sharper than the displayed value when comparing with other EQs? Any comment on that?

Thanks for looking into the Nuendo bug.

trmupstage wrote:Q shape bug?

Doing more tests on this and comparing to other EQs I use. It seems the Q setting is off by one. Maybe there isn't a standard for Q, but with a Waves SSL or DMG Equality set for Q:2, CS-3301 has to be set to Q:1 to match their Q. I loaded up all the plugins and Span. I ran pink noise through them all and compared. CS-3301 definitely has a different Q shape compared to other plugins with the same Q setting. Does anyone know if Q has a standard reference?
Well, this could be, because CS-3301 does not copy the design of any plug-in. There is no "standard" behaviour for the Q setting...

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure about how Q is determined and if there is a standard. Either way, the filters sound very nice and open. The workflow of this plugin is great.
The VST3 version works fine in Nuendo 8.1 with the insert slot disable button. Thanks for the quick response.

Are you having a Black Friday Sale this week? I'm tempted to pick it up but don't want to pay full price if waiting a few days will be a better deal.

trmupstage wrote: Are you having a Black Friday Sale this week? I'm tempted to pick it up but don't want to pay full price if waiting a few days will be a better deal.
Sorry, but no special conditions planned

Found another problem in Nuendo 8.1. When CS-3301 is on two linked mono tracks, such as overheads, changing the values in the left instance does not change it in the right and visa-versa. All plugins used in linked channels make changes to both channels at the same time.

Hmmm... nevermind. It's now working fine with the VST3 version. Maybe it was a Nuendo issue.

Update to 1.4.3:
- Preset prev/next hang fix
- VST2: bypass fix

trmupstage wrote:Found another problem in Nuendo 8.1. When CS-3301 is on two linked mono tracks, such as overheads, changing the values in the left instance does not change it in the right and visa-versa. All plugins used in linked channels make changes to both channels at the same time.
hmm, how do you setup linked mono tracks in Cubase/Nuendo ?
Thank you.

Looks great! :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Demoing this plug again.

Seems to get so many things right. However, a bit of a strange decision to have all parameters defaulting to hard-left positions, as opposed to 0db. Because touching any parameter engages the section (Which is great), it means that as soon as you touch something it defaults to a cut.

Also getting nasty thumps/clicks when engaging the '2X' button, and using the bypass (Daw).

Logic 10.3.2

el-bo,
I haven't seen that problem at all with this. The default for me is all bands as a gain of 0. so, it works as I expect it to. Which version are you using? I'm also guessing you are on Mac? I'm on Win10.

On a side note, does anyone know any history of TBProAudio? Who are they? Where did they come from? So many devs here are well known, as they have been part of the community for many years. I'm just curious on the back story to these guys (or guy). Not sure if it's just one guy or a small team or ...? Not that it makes a lot of difference, but it does help to know history before parting with cash...

trmupstage wrote:el-bo,
I haven't seen that problem at all with this. The default for me is all bands as a gain of 0. so, it works as I expect it to. Which version are you using? I'm also guessing you are on Mac? I'm on Win10.
Running latest build in Logic pro (OSX)

This is the default state :wink:

That would be pretty hard to work with. Actually, a deal breaker. It must be a Mac only thing as it is working on PC OK. So far, the fixes I've needed, they came through with fast. I'm sure they will jump into this thread soon.

trmupstage wrote:That would be pretty hard to work with. Actually, a deal breaker. It must be a Mac only thing as it is working on PC OK. So far, the fixes I've needed, they came through with fast. I'm sure they will jump into this thread soon.
To be honest, it's not too difficult to set a new default preset in Logic. However, I am sure it's not the 'expected' behaviour, and I'm sure it's easy for the developer to correct.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

Well, this looks bad, right! This is definitively not the default parameter set!!!
Hmm, could you please reinstall the plugin?
What is happening if you witch to another preset?
Is this Logic X only or Reaper as well?

We are investigating this, but nothing found so far...

TB-ProAudio wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

Well, this looks bad, right! This is definitively not the default parameter set!!!
Hmm, could you please reinstall the plugin?
What is happening if you witch to another preset?
Is this Logic X only or Reaper as well?

We are investigating this, but nothing found so far...
Reinstalling worked :tu: How bizarre :scared:

Thanks

Return to “Effects”