Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope

Official support for: patchpool.de
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

I'm trying out Kaleidoscope with Simons set 25. Wealth of possiblities here. In this track jeg experimented with Halion 6 patch from Cornucopia into two Kaleidoscopes in series for the rythmic figure. I also am using a PPG Phonem patch from phonemklatura as well 2 other Kaleidoscopes excited by Iris subscription patches. All arranged in Numerology where I used a devious trick to get key and octave changes, and tempo changes, volume automations etc.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/wewillcarryyou
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Keeping on with my experiments with the Kaleidoscope. The following track has the following setup

4 Numerology "stacks" containing an exciter 2 with iZotope Iris, 1 with AAS Chromaphone 2 and 1 with PPG Phomen. They are all playing patches from Patchpool libraries.

I use automation to crossfade and mix between the dry exciter, the 100% wet Kaleidoscope effect/excited sound and a the internal White noise generated sound.

Numerology plays the exciters mostly using long held notes, all sequencers and the Kaleidoscope are playing a Harmonic minor scale, which I modulate to a few different keys and change the base octave of the Kaleidoscopes manually at 3 points in the track.

I'm using one Fabfilter compressor and reverbical on the master mixdown track.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/psy ... imekeepers
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another track it's getting interesting using the same setup as before, added Reaktor Polyplex for som percussion.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/saturdaynightnotpop

Kind of amazing how self contained Kaleidoscope can be. It doesn't take much for it to have full spectrum interaction. You know how creepy just a recording of a radio being tuned across the bands is, even if it just modulating static. This takes that kind of built in psychological bullying to 11.

Musically I'm still drawn more towards rhythm and melody, so marry the two concepts is very interesting to me. Unfortunately, work has been unbelievable the last year and half. I find I spend my free time fiddling with all the new and crazy gadgets we have instead of writing/composing. I'll get the bug again though.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Kind of amazing how self contained Kaleidoscope can be. It doesn't take much for it to have full spectrum interaction. You know how creepy just a recording of a radio being tuned across the bands is, even if it just modulating static. This takes that kind of built in psychological bullying to 11.

Musically I'm still drawn more towards rhythm and melody, so marry the two concepts is very interesting to me. Unfortunately, work has been unbelievable the last year and half. I find I spend my free time fiddling with all the new and crazy gadgets we have instead of writing/composing. I'll get the bug again though.
Well written @ SJ_Digriz I'm also terrifically busy, but once I get into the dark time of the year I let the work frenzy calm down, not negligent in the extreme, but to cool the feet and look at the stars keeps me sane for the rest of the time. Kaleidoscope is really something that needs to be mastered in detail and that's something that I've finally got a better understanding of. It's always given me results that a interesting and refreashingly new but with deeper understanding it becomes much more powerful. The number of different setups and strategies I've worked out to get the most out of Kaleidoscope are many, and it's only since I upgraded my computer and they updated the Kaleidoscope to be more CPU effient that it's really become an effectiv time productive exercise. I think though that all those ways of dealing with it and being forced to use fewer instances have developed my skills.

I may be wrong on this but I sense that with time i could use just one instance of Kaleidoscope used deeply with some modulations and make a whole piece that would be rich and interesting that would be able to stand alone.

I retract the track I posted a short minute ago as I want to get some things sorted out.

Now I have something to post

Using: 4 instances of Kaleidoscope with main input sources consisting of one each 3 Iris, 1 Phonem, additionally I routed 4 outputs each from the Polyplex kit to the 4 kaleidoscopes, I used one instance of UVI Falcon playing an ambient strings Cello sequences. No master reverb applied, just the synths own reverb.

The idea here was to get more drive and focus than my other tracks.

I made a harmonic framework and sent these root notes to the sequences driving the Irises Phonem and Falcon instruments. The sequencers had their notes offset by these rootnotes, from these offset sequencers I tool the resulting note values and used those to modulate the kaleidoscopes instances in realtime. To help mitigate any clicks I used a gate driven Envelope from the sequenceres own gate ons to fade the main volume of the synths.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/seriousracer
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

new track posted above

Can't stop exploring Kaleidoscope

I've used 4 kaleidoscopes fed by the 3 Iris and 1 Phonem theres a lot of intense volume automation, as well as automation of the three parameters in the Kaleidoscope Dry sound, internal white noise generator and the Wet sound. I'm also doing base note modulation and some modulation of the Iris instances. I added dedicated reverbs to each pair of the 8 Polyplex sounds, discovered a limitation on the polyplex that the seperate inputs don't go through the internal effects setup so I had to setup 4 individual reverbs to get a more rich sound.

Still discovering new ways to work towards getting the most out of the sounds.For example I'm using DMG Limitless as an expander Followed by Fabfliter Pro Q to brighten up the sound and a final mastering reverb is provided by the fine folks a realtime only and their Reverbical..

There's a few clicks pops and feedback issues whcih I'll try and tame and post a new improved version soon.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/couldnotresist

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Now I have something to post

Using: 4 instances of Kaleidoscope with main input sources consisting of one each 3 Iris, 1 Phonem, additionally I routed 4 outputs each from the Polyplex kit to the 4 kaleidoscopes, I used one instance of UVI Falcon playing an ambient strings Cello sequences. No master reverb applied, just the synths own reverb.

The idea here was to get more drive and focus than my other tracks.

I made a harmonic framework and sent these root notes to the sequences driving the Irises Phonem and Falcon instruments. The sequencers had their notes offset by these rootnotes, from these offset sequencers I tool the resulting note values and used those to modulate the kaleidoscopes instances in realtime. To help mitigate any clicks I used a gate driven Envelope from the sequenceres own gate ons to fade the main volume of the synths.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/seriousracer
Great track, surreal funfare music!

Thanks for the listen Simon

Here's another track where I discovered another way to work with the setup described earlier. I used three presets with the various versions of the same base preset pentatonic twirl with different Iris sounds input, additionally one kaleidoscope not with pentatonic twirl, fed by Phoenem and an additional Falcon instance playing a sound from the singles set Bass Flute.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/the_garden

Been working in Logic X with the Kaliedoscope this track uses 2 x 4 paired instances of Kaleidoscope using patches from Set 22 that get their inputs from 4 instruments, 3 Iris playing Iris Subsciption sounds and 1 instance of Falcon playing sounds from the Acoustic Samples Pecussiv instrument. Additionally a fifth Falcon instrument plays a Falcon Scapes Vol 2 patch Vocal Deslusion, this is fed into a u-he Uhbik T pattern tremelo. The mix is affected by one of Simons Colored Spaces reverb presets for the Zynaptiq Adaptiverb.

Weirdly I'm able to use all of these things on my iMac with out any problems. I don't seem to be having any luck with the bounce project section with all this going. So I capture it in Rouge Amoebas Audio Hijack.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/fro ... sthefriend
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Been working in Logic X with the Kaliedoscope this track uses 2 x 4 paired instances of Kaleidoscope using patches from Set 22 that get their inputs from 4 instruments, 3 Iris playing Iris Subsciption sounds and 1 instance of Falcon playing sounds from the Acoustic Samples Pecussiv instrument. Additionally a fifth Falcon instrument plays a Falcon Scapes Vol 2 patch Vocal Deslusion, this is fed into a u-he Uhbik T pattern tremelo. The mix is affected by one of Simons Colored Spaces reverb presets for the Zynaptiq Adaptiverb.

Weirdly I'm able to use all of these things on my iMac with out any problems. I don't seem to be having any luck with the bounce project section with all this going. So I capture it in Rouge Amoebas Audio Hijack.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/fro ... sthefriend
Very good!

Thanks for listening to FrontTowardsTheFriend! I got the Tokyo Dawn Nova GE to try work out the issues with the resonant peaks. But also used Trash 2 to give even more edge, but at least it's not clipping.

Here's another track.

Ive used 4 x 2 instances of Kaleidoscope being fed by 3 instances of Iris and 1 instance of falcon with percussion. Additionaly one Falcon instance with a vocal scape from Falcon Scapes Vol 2 and a third Falcon playing Timpani from the Scattered Entity sound library. The whole mix is fed into one instance of Zynaptiq Adaptiverb with a Colored Spaces patch.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/pow ... tenigmatic
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Thanks for listening to FrontTowardsTheFriend! I got the Tokyo Dawn Nova GE to try work out the issues with the resonant peaks. But also used Trash 2 to give even more edge, but at least it's not clipping.

Here's another track.

Ive used 4 x 2 instances of Kaleidoscope being fed by 3 instances of Iris and 1 instance of falcon with percussion. Additionaly one Falcon instance with a vocal scape from Falcon Scapes Vol 2 and a third Falcon playing Timpani from the Scattered Entity sound library. The whole mix is fed into one instance of Zynaptiq Adaptiverb with a Colored Spaces patch.

https://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/pow ... tenigmatic
Surreal, cinematic, weird, nice mixing, interesting layering, so much in there to keep track of...

Return to “patchpool”