Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Cubase Pro 13 REAPER Serum Studio One Professional

Just a thought ... Acoustica Mixcraft 8. Check out the website and reviews. Has a reputation for having a lot of good features and being very friendly to learn. People on their forum seem to love it. The Pro version is on sale for $99.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Bypass studio one and cubase. Think future. Ableton is the future, studio one and cubase are the past.
Protools and ableton. The only 2 you need.

Kinh wrote:Bypass studio one and cubase. Think future. Ableton is the future, studio one and cubase are the past.
Cause supporting instruments like Seaboard Rise and Linnstrument with MPE capability is so in the past!

Kinh wrote:Bypass studio one and cubase. Think future. Ableton is the future, studio one and cubase are the past.
Before I say anything I use Ableton alot with the push.
I love ableton/push and still swear by it for parts of my production process.

But this comment is honestly ludicrous. Not the part promoting Ableton. I did the same to OP since it was what he had and was familiar with. But the referral of Cubase and S1 as in the past...
Cubase and Studio one are not "the past"
Infact Cubase just released fantastic 9 and 9.5 updates in the past calender year. And Studio One had some great point updates as well.
Most of the major daws at this point are on close to the same paying feild in 2017. There is no daw that is truly significantly more "future" biased then any other ones.
Infact in some regards ableton if anything is stuck in the past with no support for MPE ( the future of midi imo) no native pitch correction/Melodyne (Something that you'll find in S1, Cubase, Logic, Reason, FL, and even Waveform nowadays) and no VST3 (controversial but improving).
Just my 2 cents
Take it or leave it
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

ok i will try to copy like this guy

Bypass protools and ableton .think future.Reaper is the future,protools and ableton are
the past("because major game studios are asking for experience in REAPER rather than protools eg.ubisoft,cd projekt,etc")
and also the cpu hog("we all know this shit")
and no bullshitery included(no insane prize of updates no monthly payments only 60 bucks for 2 consecutive updates).

Reaper .The Only 2(sorry ,only 1 because eucon support is already in beta phase in reaper) you will actually need.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

nice troll attempt
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Well, I actually like Studio One and Cubase. I like Ableton too. I don't like Pro Tools, but it is what it is.

I used to work with Cubase back in the really old days. It was version 1. something. It was more or less used as a sequencer and we used to connect hardware synths thru a midi interface. During many years I didn't use any DAW, until about 3 years ago when I decided to get one. After a lot of research I finally decided for FL Studio producer edition. The reason why I choose FL Studio was that there is a lot of native plugins included. Other reason is that it was quick to get into it.

Since then I also got Bitwig, Studio One 3 and also Reason 10. I never took to Bitwig or Ableton. The way of doing things didn't suit me. Studio One 3 has also impressed me and it didn't take long to get started. I can't say much about Reason yet because I just got it.

This is a highly personal choice and everyone have their own opinions. My good old friend and singer use Reason and that's why I decided to get it so that we can work on projects on a distance. Studio One 3 was recommended to me by a pro-producer that I happen to know. His main DAW is Cubase but he also work a lot with Studio One 3.

Since I owned FL Studio the longest it is the one DAW I run to when I have some ideas. I know it by heart and it's faster for me to get things done. Studio One 3 however is the one I open to explore and experiment and that lead to inspiration. Recently we all got the news about Sonar and Cakewalk, so my advice from now on, going forward, would actually be to find 2 DAWs that you like and learn them. If you are strictly working with music as a hobby it might be over kill with 2 DAWs, but if you are a serious producer it might be a good idea to spend the time and money. You never know in this business when a company will go bust or close down. You will always stand more steady on two legs instead of one.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I'm sorry but Ableton is the future.
Things like MPE and vst expression, found in other daws really are of little practical use in the real world. Good for promoting a product but that's about it.
Kinda like the new McDonalds 'gourmet' range: looks good on the commercials, great idea on the surface but then you bite into it and it tastes like shit.

What matters in daws above all is speed and practicality, something Cubase and Studio 1 just do not offer. I'm sorry but lets get real, they dont. You can do things in Ableton in one tenth of the time it takes you to do it in Cubase. Cubase is a mess. Years of development, playing catch up, it's structure was designed when people were still using hardware samplers and rock music was in vogue. Look at the progression of music since and at where we are now. Ableton caters to music of today and thus is the future. Guitar sales went down 30% last year. The other daws cater to music of a bygone era mostly and they've just incorporated all the other things after for the electronic market which makes their workflow slow in general, regardless of what genre you do.

damm i didnt knew we have dirty ableton peasant here time to show whats his place is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I hate that "master race" meme with a passion.

It comes from gaming (I'm a gamer), it is an idiotic meme that elitist PC gamers use to look down on console gamers, they call themselves "PC Master Race" (WTF!!!!!!!!). First guy who used it was being ironic (which is already a poor excuse), but it became non-ironic pretty fast.

The elitism and ignorance of history that crappy joke show make my blood boil.

And it spread elsewhere, like above, again being used un-ironically.

Kinh wrote:I'm sorry but Ableton is the future.
Things like MPE and vst expression, found in other daws really are of little practical use in the real world. Good for promoting a product but that's about it.
Kinda like the new McDonalds 'gourmet' range: looks good on the commercials, great idea on the surface but then you bite into it and it tastes like shit.

What matters in daws above all is speed and practicality, something Cubase and Studio 1 just do not offer. I'm sorry but lets get real, they dont. You can do things in Ableton in one tenth of the time it takes you to do it in Cubase. Cubase is a mess. Years of development, playing catch up, it's structure was designed when people were still using hardware samplers and rock music was in vogue. Look at the progression of music since and at where we are now. Ableton caters to music of today and thus is the future. Guitar sales went down 30% last year. The other daws cater to music of a bygone era mostly and they've just incorporated all the other things after for the electronic market which makes their workflow slow in general, regardless of what genre you do.
Where do I start With this...

Firstly your claim that MPE dosent have use in the real world is absolutely ridiculous. Go watch a promotional video of one of the Roli controllers and tell me that has no use in the real world. The live performance possibilities, the ease and creativity, it’s simplily an awesome and exciting new technology.

Secondly Cubase and S1 don’t have a fast workflow FOR YOU, and that’s going under the assumption that you have ever actually even used them.
There’s plenty of people out there who swear by Cubase and it’s workflow (including Zedd), others swear by FL, some Logic, myself? I found Bitwig has the workflow that caters to me best. And none of us are wrong because we all work differently. Just because Ableton worked for you dosent make it any better than any other DAW. And just because the other 2 didint work for you dosent make them any less useful for others.
I found Studio one wasn't my cup of tea and sold it but that dosent make the opinions of Studio One users any less valid. Simply what works for them works.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote:
Kinh wrote:I'm sorry but Ableton is the future.

Where do I start With this...

Firstly your claim that MPE dosent have use in the real world is absolutely ridiculous. Go watch a promotional video of one of the Roli controllers and tell me that has no use in the real world. The live performance possibilities, the ease and creativity, it’s simplily an awesome and exciting new technology.

Secondly Cubase and S1 don’t have a fast workflow FOR YOU, and that’s going under the assumption that you have ever actually even used them.
There’s plenty of people out there who swear by Cubase and it’s workflow (including Zedd), others swear by FL, some Logic, myself? I found Bitwig has the workflow that caters to me best. And none of us are wrong because we all work differently. Just because Ableton worked for you dosent make it any better than any other DAW. And just because the other 2 didint work for you dosent make them any less useful for others.
I found Studio one wasn't my cup of tea and sold it but that dosent make the opinions of Studio One users any less valid. Simply what works for them works.
People like Zedd use Cubase because it's all they've ever known and why jump ship? especially when there's a learning curve involved in starting a new process. Reality is Zedd could get a lot more done if he made the move to Ableton land. You say people swear by Cubase's workflow. Do they really? Have you asked them if workflow is the main reason for continuing with CB? NO. You will find workflow isn't #1 on their initiative list, id be something else like familiarity.

People are afraid of change but that doesn't mean change is a bad thing.

I have noticed that many people who use Ableton for a long time think about music in the same way, like Lego.

Maybe that's why they value "fast and easy."
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I've noticed crap music knows no specific DAW
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”