Can't load loops into the Solo demo

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm unable to load loops into the Solo demo. When I try to load an RX2 file, I get "Undefined Rex DLL Error". When I try to load a WAV file I get "Fatal Error. The file was not loaded." I've tried running Solo in Brainspawn Forte and in Minihost and get the same symptoms. Does anyone know what might be going wrong?

Boris

Hi Boris - I am a very happy One/Solo user. I bought it as soon as it came out because I had a large library of rex files and was waiting for the Dr. Rex vsti :D

Anyways........

The error you get when loading a .wav file is almost certainly because it is not acidised. One/Solo only loads wav files that have been acidised by acid 4.0 (I think) and contain slicing information.

As for the rx2 file problem - I don't know. Does it happen with a lot of them or is it just one file in particular?

...........and another thing

neither forte nor minihost is really a "sequencing" host , so there may simply be problems because there's no timing information.

have you tried it in energy xt yet?

Thanks for the help. I fired up the demo of EnergyXT, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how to set up a simple configuration with MIDI and the Solo VSTi. I'll play around with it some more tomorrow.

As far as the loops I'm using, at this point I'm just downloading whatever free loops I can find, just to figure out how this stuff works. I've been playing synths up to now and am just getting started with loops. I downloaded a few free loops from

http://www.breakbeatsonly.com/preview1.htm

in WAV and REX format but haven't had any luck loading any of them into Solo.

Sounds to me like the REX DLL might not have installed correctly. In testing with Brainspawn Forte we did find that it sends time signature information to the plugin incorrectly, so I would recommend a different host program quite honestly till they fix this. Please also remember that ONE/solo will only load ACIDized wav's that have been created with ACID and slice information.

One final thing - support for AMG products is provided via AMG themselves. I would visit www.samples4.com and contact them directly.

Regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Hi Dave and all,

We are aware of this forte bug and it is fixed for the next release. We will provide correct time sig info and will also simulate a running sequencer instead of a paused one.

Thanks,

Mike

Dave' what's up with ONE?

Inquiring minds wanna know :D

ONE is on the way - we're working hard on it right at this moment, along with KAB also.

Cheers!
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”