New song made with MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Though I've been part of KVR for many years, I just uploaded my first tune to Soundcloud and also to the KVR's Music Café! :tu: I'm very excited really. :)

It's not really the finalized song, as the actual singing remains. In other words, this is just an instrumental version. That said, I think it sounds nice enough to upload.

I could really benefit from some sound advice, like mixing levels and so forth. I use some rather crappy headphones (in fact my cat bit off the sound cable of my other headphones yesterday :lol: ) but hope the levels are somewhat okey. I'd especially like some advice on the mixing apart from bass/treble adjustment (which I presume is a bit off).

The piano is SampleTank Free, everything else is MuLab. The effects on the instruments are from my own MUX, MuT8 (based on existing effects in MuLab). I actually created this track to try out my MUX.

Enjoy (and please be nice :oops: )!

https://soundcloud.com/user-221496479/m ... strumental
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Well done! Nice tune, honestly, it's very good! ;-)

Though the tune is nice and, as you say, unfinished, it's a good time to point out what is 'wrong' with it. I'm just trying to give an honest objective opinion, so please don't be disheartened by my comment :oops:

Ok my impression is that everything sounds right, but the underlying impression is of a song that has been programmed. It sounds rather robotic in nature. But then I thought the same of Robert Miles' Children!

All the best :tu:
:hihi: :lol:

freddo wrote:Well done! Nice tune, honestly, it's very good! ;-)

Though the tune is nice and, as you say, unfinished, it's a good time to point out what is 'wrong' with it. I'm just trying to give an honest objective opinion, so please don't be disheartened by my comment :oops:

Ok my impression is that everything sounds right, but the underlying impression is of a song that has been programmed. It sounds rather robotic in nature. But then I thought the same of Robert Miles' Children!

All the best :tu:
Thanks so much for the nice comment!

Yes it's indeed very robotic now. I just quickly set up a song from the various parts I had to check out levels.

I'm working on lyrics now and hope to get some nice counterpoint in the lead vocal. That will also give me an opportunity to try out the MUX on vocals.

Thanks again!

Petter
Go MuLab!

Good luck with it, it's coming on great! :tu:
:hihi: :lol:

Thx Sparky, it's a nice track. For me it sounds a little bit dated as it is now, maybe you can further lift it? That's just a bit of very humble feedback. Thx for sharing! :tu:

mutools wrote:Thx Sparky, it's a nice track. For me it sounds a little bit dated as it is now, maybe you can further lift it? That's just a bit of very humble feedback. Thx for sharing! :tu:
Thanks Jo for the kind words. Oh yes, I've been working on it more, and the vocals really make something else of it - much darker actually, and more of a six-minute anthem. Kind of what you'd get if you mix the 1990 version of DM with NIN and add some ambiance to the mix. :)
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”