Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the latest reaper windows version in wine, the search and preset naming
seem fine. In the linux version, text can't be entered in the search box, but preset saving/naming is fine. In both versions, the top row text labels and the main preset name are skewed to the right.

Mint 18
generic kernel
nvidia nouveau graphics
wine-staging 2.21

Cheers

Ok good to hear glokraw that I'm not alone with this.

Additional to this I have to find out how the tagging system works. Also there I'm not able to add tags or remove them or change the description of a patch.

Saving presets and naming works like before.

But now you can also rename an existing patch. I meant when renaming the patch the value should be the name of the patch before renaming.

For example when I have a patch called "Brass Pad" and I rename it then there should be in the text window "Brass Pad" which I can edit to "Swollen Brass Pad". When I'm doing it like it is now I get confronted with an empty text field " " and I have to enter the whole phrase "Swollen Brass Pad" instead of changing only the first word.

Hey there i have a problem to register my product (repro 1) when it load up i got the right panel but the "enter serial number/key" do not work, nothing happens... (running renoise v3 64 bit on pop_!os(ubuntu based distro))

Try pasting your serial number at

/home/you/.u-he/Repro-1/Support/com.u-he.Repro-1.user.txt

and then load the plugin.

Cheers

Yes this is correct, but you also need your name above the Line with the serial number.

Your Name

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

like this

hihu wrote:Yes this is correct, but you also need your name above the Line with the serial number.

Your Name
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

like this
Thanks. The world be lukkee I don't kode :hihi:

Oh god thank you guys it worked... do you guys know that I want to kiss all of you right now? I'm feeling so happy cause i felt like abused before you guys helped me thank you ...

anyone has tried here loading tuning files into zebra or some other u-he synth?

when going to global / FX and trying to load a scl files the folder seems to not recognizes scl as tuning files and it remains empty...

calimerox wrote:anyone has tried here loading tuning files into zebra or some other u-he synth?

when going to global / FX and trying to load a scl files the folder seems to not recognizes scl as tuning files and it remains empty...
The tuning files need to be in .tun format, not Scala's native .scl. You can find a zipfile of converted Scala files here:

http://www.box.net/shared/6flif1bsnb

(From the thread at viewtopic.php?f=31&t=353498)

HTH,

dp

fantastic, thanks dp!!

I observed that there's a real-time interaction between Repro-1 and Repro-5. In Bitwig I have two sessions. Session 1) with Repro-1 only, and session 2) with Repro-1 and Repro-5, each in their own track. In both sessions I load the same sound in Repro-1. All volume are the same default level. In 1) the Repro-1 sound sounds as expected, full with details. In 2) the sound is muffled a lot, the trailing details can barely be heard.

The Repro-5 version is the beta release with the added patches from the Mac release candidate, loaded in a new directory created in 'Factory Beta'.

It seems that parts of the sound engine software is shared in real time between both synths and can interact.

Tried to replicate this, but failed in a few tests,
using the new release of R1 and R5, windows versions, in
windows Reaper in linux under wine-staging 2.18

I'm not hearing any conflict or coordination between
the two synths and sounds chosen, long ambient tails on one,
full throated leads or keys on the other.

I moved the existing plugins and data out of my path,
and did a fresh install of the full release version,
no huge issues, and the sounds of course...what can I say,
they inspire me tp practice!
Cheers

Wait. How can it ever, ever, ever be possible to consider replication when:

1) The versions used are not the same
2) The OS the versions are running in is not the same
3) There is an extra bridge layer bridging two OSes
4) The current 900 presets were not copied into the beta release
5) The DAW is not the same
6) The DAW is running in a different OS
7) The presets and plug-in version is not the same

As far as I can see the current Linux version is the original public beta. If there's a newer one please let me know. I run everything in Linux and I mean it. I am not using any wine bridging and as I see it my wallet would not like it much.

This said all u-he synths and plugins (and I mean all) work fine for me in Linux and I've been using them extensively, along with quite a few commercial soundsets, being at perhaps 120+ improvs and worked sketches this year so far.

Cheers.

Calm down, sing and dance, I tried to replicate a bizarre circumstance you reported between two plugins, "there's a real-time interaction between Repro-1 and Repro-5"
...not to replicate diverse hardware and software systems.

The conclusion from your experience/observation is impossible,
unless U-he have coded very smart connectable i/o ports
that auto-sense each others existance in a daw session, and successfully make
connections with one-another, without your knowledge or approval
( U-he coders are good, but not THAT good :hihi: )

yet somehow the connections are dumb enough
to damage your music rather than enhance it :?

I tried by way of a working example, to show a good plan for installing,
mentioning how I used the full release version.

I'm curious what wine has to do with your wallet, as it's free?
I've been using wine-staging since V2.12 or so, and it's been
a delight. Today, I've been using the newest SynthmasterOne arp midi-out
to drive the wonderful R1 and R5 sounds :hug: Hawwwgggg heavennnnn!

I suspect the linux version will take a week or two more, as graphics
for a linux vst are extremely challenging to get running on the
wide range of hardware, distros, and window-managers, without neglecting
the poor soul thats happy producing on a setup outside the mainstream.
And we linux users are all outside the mainstream, pure and sweet
as the waters may be :party:

Well, there's no point in replicating if the conditions are not the same isn't it. I still maintain there's real-time interaction between the two, I have created other sessions, same conditions, and it happens there too. Some Repro-1 sounds ar emodified by the presence of Repro-5 beta with the 900 presets copied from the Mac candidate release.

The argument in favour of an interaction could be supported by the fact that both synths are sold together. Maybe they share resources. This could be file-based, not necessarily shared memory. For optimization purposes if both are running, some common functionality are shared. Maybe.

wine is far from free. Think of all the Windows plugins, all the EQ, amp, compressor emulations that wine makes available.
yet somehow the connections are dumb enough to damage your music rather than enhance it :?
I don't get that one, sorry. I can tell how I observed it. I was making, the 117 imrpov of the year, jam221, and going along adding tracks. Then I add a track, put Repro-1 in there, and started going through some of Stephan Baer's excellent Anamorphia sounset. I press a key. I pressed a key harder and harder and wasn't hearing much at all. I stio the music and saw that the synth was indeed only putting out a faint sound. All track parameters were at default, like I did a thousand times before when adding a synth to a new track. So I created another session, added Repro-1 in there, switched the audio to that session, chosen the same sound and voila, it was heard fully. Went back and forth between sessions to confirm. Then later I created other sessions for other improvs and the same happened.

Yeah, it seems there ar esome GUI problems with some Linux systems. Here the Repros works just fine. I try, when addressing technical stuff, to clearly mention it works for me :? Nevertheless we can see that supporting Linux systems is not as straightforward. Unless u-he specifies an OS flavour and version they've used to make their tests. And that would not please many: How come it does not run in my Linux ?

I'n still looking for the official 'eternal beta' as it's certainly not as nice to get pop-ups popping up on loading many sounds to the effect that the version fo Repro-5 is too old to use that patch and that the sound could not sound as intended.

Return to “u-he”