Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

cowby wrote:just a side topic:

Why they sell 1.5 and 2 as a bundle if v2 is more powerful than v1.5 ?

I remembered similar selling approach in Dune 1 & 2.
These are 2 seperate synths... and even if V2 is more powerful, there are tons of good presets for 1.5 (+ the additional preset packs) , which cannot be easily converted

loving ANA2, size wise though 100% is a bit too big for my laptop, a 90% option would be great, the next size down from 100% is 75% and that's too small
10% size grades would be great if possible
cheers

SO i downloaded the demo, installed it and i got this nice greeting :D i had so much fun demoing Ana 2 that trial period passed in a second :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Does anyone have the latest demo (v2.03) working in OSX High Sierra (10.13.2) with Logic Pro X 10.3.2? I keep getting crashed validation from the plug-in manager then I get the "auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the ANA 2 plug-in." so I cant test it. :(

Tried reinstalling but nothing.

simonbostock wrote:Does anyone have the latest demo (v2.03) working in OSX High Sierra (10.13.2) with Logic Pro X 10.3.2? I keep getting crashed validation from the plug-in manager then I get the "auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the ANA 2 plug-in." so I cant test it. :(

Tried reinstalling but nothing.
Try running validation again... make sure you have no other DAWs running

I have re-run validation a few times and still nothing. The report has PASS for every test, but the validation crashes at very end. I also have (not running at the time) Ableton 9 on my machine and the AU works fine in Ableton. Sounds great BTW

UPDATE: Since it loaded ok in Ableton as a AU, I started up Logic and it authorised ok.
Last edited by simonbostock on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi,

I have a small glitch where moving the slider of the amp release in the GUI causes audio dropouts or crackles... when moving something fast. Most noticeable with a sine oscillator.

Does anybody else have that? I am on Win 10 and Ableton.

K

Crashes Cubase 8 on Win 7, mainly switching between presets.

Sounds good but will wait until the bugs are ironed out.

Nside wrote:Crashes Cubase 8 on Win 7, mainly switching between presets.

Sounds good but will wait until the bugs are ironed out.
Same setup works for me, odd.

I had some time to play with this synth for some days now, must say I really like it. Some of these days I am going to seek professional help with my GAS, but Ana 2 has a nice beautiful GUI and a good workflow, so I do not regret this impulse buy. Everything sits where it should be, and it is quite easy to get the sound you are aiming at. Especially the filter models are nice, and the FX section. I have no Virus, but I can see that it tries to get there with the feature set.

One synth this has made completely redundant in my modest collection is Spire. I never really got into this one, even though it has almost the same feature set. Reason: The insanely old school preset management on Spire with this 80s banks, and the fixed FX routing. Ana 2 is so much better here, and even lighter on the CPU.

In comparison to other modern synths, Ana 2 holds its own. I could have done without Ana 2 because of Avenger, which has more features, but I think that Ana 2's filters have an edge here, and each one actually sounds unique. Thorn has filters that are equally nice, but Ana 2 has a wider selection, and does not limit the high end as Thorn does on low bass notes - Thorn is a spectral synth with 128 partials, so there is a technical reason why Ana 2 has a small advantage here.

There are some small issues. I do miss some ways to bring more randomness into the notes, such as a random parameter in the mod matrix. Also, the mod matrix is not recursive, and there is nothing really audio rate modulation in the whole synth except the FM of the OSCs. If it had, for instance Filter FM, I might consider retiring Dune 2, which has a similar setup but with a mod matrix that is no fun at all (think Excel 2003), and a more limited implementation of FM and wavetables - either one or the other. There is also no "via" parameter in the mod matrix of Ana 2, and not many interesting ways to manipulate the arp. No deal breakers, but I would wish that some fetures will still come later.

Tried, sounds good but I don't need another powerfull sustractive synth in my arsenal. The market is getting too saturated with similar products: Rapid, avenger, serum (to a degree), falcon and then some.
dedication to flying

ZaBong69 wrote: ...I do miss some ways to bring more randomness into the notes, such as a random parameter in the mod matrix.
...There is also no "via" parameter in the mod matrix...
Those would be welcome indeed.

Must say that ANA 2 is really well conceived.
To me, this UI is pretty enjoyable to use.
Balance between features/complexity and sound design potential is just great.
Great synth!

Edit 1 : some sample modulation options would be of great interest too, e.g. start, ending and loop points control via CCs/LFOs.
Edit 2 : seems like I was on the wrong thread, yes, sample points are accessible.
Last edited by nordickvr on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can modulate the start, ending and loop of the sampler - just right click on the one you want to modulate and you can see all the possible modulators.

Sorry if I have missed on obvious thing, but how do I modulate a pitch by a specific amount e.g. octave(s) or semitones?

cb8rwh wrote:Sorry if I have missed on obvious thing, but how do I modulate a pitch by a specific amount e.g. octave(s) or semitones?
I would use the G-Env (increase to full screen mode and use step values).

Return to “Instruments”