Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still tempted by the vst buzz Diversion deal but also thinking that having bought Komplete, Icarus, Modular and Thorn in the last couple of months, not to mention a whole heap of other synths I own, maybe it's rather unnecessary. Anything particularly unique about it that I couldn't get elsewhere?

Windy23451 wrote:For $99, get the Cinematic Solutions Collection from Zero-G.
This deal is available until December 27th.
6 Products ($500 value) (80% Off)
Epic Horizons
Dark Skies
Critical Mass
Maximum Force
Cyberstorm
Aftershock

https://audioplugin.deals/
Some of Zero-G’s very best. Nice.

Examigan wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Jazzaria wrote:Has anybody tried Roomer yet? https://www.jrrshop.com/nos-roomer

Saw the promotion for it but not much info aside from it being developed by a company that's made some decent audio hardware (mics, etc.). Not sure if the promotion is still valid, if it's actually been released or not, but curious on thoughts either way.
for a $50 plugin, it sounds pretty good.

that is the amount extra I spent on stuff I wouldn't have bought just to get the deal. Though I also got the free Galaxy X-Fx too. But the Propellerhead upgrade kind of covered that one. It has some different presets, like a pillow room and a closet, but also some big ones like diffuse hall and grand cathedral. I don't know that I would spend $200 for it, but maybe half that if I didn't have all those Eventide ones.
Where does it says it's $50? Maybe the offer has ended?
It was free with a $199 purchase. I only really wanted about $145 of the stuff I bought. I grabbed a couple more things that I didn't really need to hit the $199 price. So I figured it cost me about $50. :dog: :D

Can someone who bought the humblebundle confirm if vegas pro edit allows keyframing?

Also do they allow downloading full installers if you bought them? The trials gives a download manager for each products, and download is very slow.

shidostrife wrote:Can someone who bought the humblebundle confirm if vegas pro edit allows keyframing?

Also do they allow downloading full installers if you bought them? The trials gives a download manager for each products, and download is very slow.
not sure on the keyframing, but I can confirm it is the same download manager. I've only had a quick play so far and being a long-time Soundforge user I was hoping Vegas would have similar working methods/shortcuts and it does. It instantly feels much better than PowerDirector which I've been using for years and it is not a nice workflow at all. I've actually been thinking about getting Vegas for a while and so I'm really pleased with this deal :)

oh and if you do go for it a piece of advice is temporarily rename your VST folder before opening it otherwise it will scan everything and hang a lot. Once you are in you can change the folder to somewhere else and just add the stuff you want to that and then change your VST folder name back.

I got the humblebundle and there is some kind of DAW included called Music Maker. I didn't install it. I am however curious if anyone is using it? Is it useful for anything or just junk?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

@astralp: thanks, I found the comparison on version 15 mentions keyframing as "available in Vegas Pro 15 or higher", but none of the reviews of version 14 seems to address it. It'd be really nice if you could confirm that later :)
Also nice tip on the VST thing. I don't think I'll ever use my audio plugins in a video editor.

@ATN69: I downloaded the free Music Maker before, found out it's 32-bit only, uninstalled without opening it.

Vegas pro edit 14 does keyframe in regards to things like layer animation and some effects no doubt. It’s pretty rudimentary though.

I also put instructions for disabling the auto plugin scan in the samplitude thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=495714&start=285#p6956388
Last edited by pekbro on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

shidostrife wrote:@astralp: thanks, I found the comparison on version 15 mentions keyframing as "available in Vegas Pro 15 or higher", but none of the reviews of version 14 seems to address it. It'd be really nice if you could confirm that later :)
Also nice tip on the VST thing. I don't think I'll ever use my audio plugins in a video editor.

@ATN69: I downloaded the free Music Maker before, found out it's 32-bit only, uninstalled without opening it.
Ohh I see :D Then I will certainly not install it. Thanks for the info!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
shidostrife wrote:@astralp: thanks, I found the comparison on version 15 mentions keyframing as "available in Vegas Pro 15 or higher", but none of the reviews of version 14 seems to address it. It'd be really nice if you could confirm that later :)

Ohh I see :D Then I will certainly not install it. Thanks for the info!
It is a decent starter DAW, but not much else. I had it back in the early 2000's when it was one of the few home user ones out there.

ATN69 wrote:I got the humblebundle and there is some kind of DAW included called Music Maker. I didn't install it. I am however curious if anyone is using it? Is it useful for anything or just junk?
It is no DAW (as you know it) at all:

. USE OF MUSIC, VIDEO AND PHOTO FILES: The music, photo and video files included in the MAGIX products may be used only for non-commercial purposes (exclusively for private purposes). Commercial use constitutes receipt of financial benefits through direct use of the files (through sale, licensing etc.)". ....snip..and, "7. CLAIM FOR DAMAGES: MAGIX is entitled to proprietary and copyright protection for the licensed software as well as the music and video files. Anyone responsible for any violations against such rights may be sued by MAGIX.

Then we have the Audio Pro license you purchase at catooh or whatever the f:

The provider grants the customer ..snip..rights to the following commercial usage of the content:
a. Use in edited form or in the context of another work
(1) The customer receives the common and non-transferable right to edit and/or join the content with other pieces of work, and use the content or let it be used in the context of this editing or joining with another work:
(a) The customer is allowed to copy and distribute the edited or embedded content. The right to granting of time-limited permission to use (rental or lease) is excluded.
(b) The customer has the right to present the edited or embedded content or make it publicly perceivable using image or audio carriers.
(c) The customer has the right to keep the edited or embedded content publicly in a state of readiness.
(d) The customer is further allowed to broadcast the edited or embedded content, or to let it be broadcast.
(2) Definitions:
(a) An editing of the content is necessary only if the customer’s personal creativity is exhausted. Immaterial changes are not considered editing in the sense of this contract, and may only be applied according to the regulations utilized in paragraph 2. b.
(b) A connection to another work in terms of this contract exists if the content is connected to a different piece of work protected by copyright (for example, spoken or film piece), i.e., in the case of the object with which the content is connected representing an independent work in terms of the respective copyright specifications. A connection to commonplace objects does not represent a connection to another work according to the terms of this contract. The conditions outline in paragraph 3. (1) are to be respected.
b. Use in unedited form or outside the context of another work

Astralp wrote:oh and if you do go for it a piece of advice is temporarily rename your VST folder before opening it otherwise it will scan everything and hang a lot. Once you are in you can change the folder to somewhere else and just add the stuff you want to that and then change your VST folder name back.
NI Replika prohibited program startup here (during plugin scan - this is not well documented, but it is documented).

telecharge wrote:Day 4 Time+Space: 40% off Sound Dust Libraries
http://www.timespace.com/productlist/3/ ... _dust.html

Not a name I'm familiar with. Any nods or takers?

This review is pretty enthusiastic about the Orgone Kontakt instrument on offer for £18.
http://soundbytesmag.net/threelibrariesfromsounddust
Just bought them (after previously buying Cloud Bass)... There‘re pretty cool in a strange way imo. Lots of character. :clap:

BTW, someone mentioned that one can get the Vegas for $ 20 - afaik this is not true (?), you have to buy the whole $ 40 bundle to get the Vegas. Its reasonable priced, anyway, although Magix has huge sales for the Vegas 15 at the moment.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”