Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote:Concerning the Humble bundle Vegas (and other stuff) installation, can anyone where/when in the installer I can define the location? I can´t see any option where I can define the location in my computer where I will the Vagas be, the installer just starts immediately after choosing the Vegas? Of course I don´t want to fill my SSD where the installer as a default will put it. :?
The first thing to run should be the downloader, after it's finished, it should allow you to choose the installation directory when the setup actually begins.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Concerning the Humble bundle Vegas (and other stuff) installation, can anyone where/when in the installer I can define the location? I can´t see any option where I can define the location in my computer where I will the Vagas be, the installer just starts immediately after choosing the Vegas? Of course I don´t want to fill my SSD where the installer as a default will put it. :?
The first thing to run should be the downloader, after it's finished, it should allow you to choose the installation directory when the setup actually begins.

-Cheers
I got a mail which includes installers and serial numbers, not any downloaders. Should I get the downloader somewhere else, because can´t see any separete "downloader", just installer per every product.
If I run the installer, no option for the product location - it will install the product to the default.
I have installed 300+plugins, but even after reading the instruction, I can´t get how to do this.

The instructions say: "Download the program from your bundle page and run the installer."
Where is the download link in that site?
NOTE: I don´t have any account in the Humble bundle site, because creating that was not instructed or necessary when buying the bundle. The installer came by email I gave.

The links you get from the humble store are links to the downloaders, they should be about 5 mb files. Run them to download the actual installers. The installer for Vegas is about 480 mb. You can also just redeem the serials to your Magix account and download them from Magix, they will be the same downloaders though. You cannot download the software directly, the installer "IS" a download manager which will retrieve the installer package for you.

pekbro wrote:The links you get from the humble store are links to the downloaders, they should be about 5 mb files. Run them to download the actual installers. The installer for Vegas is about 480 mb. You can also just redeem the serials to your Magix account and download them from Magix, they will be the same downloaders though. You cannot download the software directly, the installer "IS" a download manager which will retrieve the installer package for you.
Hi, I did exactly that, but the installer starts the programm installation on the fly,without any option for location or other options. I'm with Win 10.

Are you sure it finished downloading Vegas? it took me quite a while as the servers were very slow. You cant choose where to install it until near the end, when the actual setup is run as I said before. The first part seems like its going to install it without letting you choose, but it just looks that way. I cant imagine it being different just because your on win 10 instead of win 8 like me.

You can definitely choose the directory, if you cant you're just missing it, most likely.

pekbro wrote:Are you sure it finished downloading Vegas? it took me quite a while as the servers were very slow. You cant choose where to install it until near the end, when the actual setup is run as I said before. The first part seems like its going to install it without letting you choose, but it just looks that way. I cant imagine it being different just because your on win 10 instead of win 8 like me.

You can definitely choose the directory, if you cant you're just missing it, most likely.
You are correct - but because the Vegas installer did not give these options untill the in the very end, I interrupted the installation and decided to try an other product in the bundle, the Photomanager.
That installation I let run in the end, and it did not ask the intallation location. All the Magix installer GUIs are similar.

I may be wrong, but it seems that not all Magix product are very "polite" for the user at the installation stage, in any case, the instructions should be more clear. SSD is vulnerable, because it has limited
age, what comes filling the space and deleting it again. That´s why I´m concerned the programs, which do not give the installation option in the very beginning of the process.
if someone has installed the Photomanager, he may comment the above.
Anyway, uninstalled the Photomanager, which was installed to my C: (default), and skip the whole programm. Vegas is now successfully installed to the chosen location.
Thank you for the helpful comments. :)

Anyone who's bought the humble bundle. Can you tell me what (if any) crossgrade prices you are getting for Vegas Movie Studio 14?

mutantdog wrote:Anyone who's bought the humble bundle. Can you tell me what (if any) crossgrade prices you are getting for Vegas Movie Studio 14?
I noticed only the upgrade offer for Vegas Pro 15, not any crosscrade offers, but maybe I missed it.

@Harry_HH,

Yes I agree the Magix installers can be confusing and could be a lot better. I'm glad you got it working. :)

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:@Harry_HH,

Yes I agree the Magix installers can be confusing and could be a lot better. I'm glad you got it working. :)

-Cheers
:tu:

yellowmix wrote:MOTU Digital Performer Competitive Upgrade Offer for $195 until December 21: https://motu.com/store_products/software/dp/
REAPER isn't listed but I just called and they said it's eligible.
Did they mention how one is supposed to do this with one's Reaper?
  • "NOTE: after you complete this on-line order and subsequently receive your Digital Performer Competitive Upgrade software package, you will be required to submit page 1 (not a photocopy) from your competing product manual as proof of ownership in order to properly register your Digital Performer software."
In 2017. For buying a download.

Not a photocopy. From your competing product manual. They don't say printed manual. So just email a pdf of the first page ;)

bojanboyss wrote:Having problems activating Vintage effects though. Activation just refuses to pop up on that one, probably gonna write to support
Seems to require Administrator privilege on Windows 10. I had to run my DAW as Admin for the activation to go through, otherwise it just sat there spinning for a half hour until I killed it.

ThePhonk wrote:
yellowmix wrote:MOTU Digital Performer Competitive Upgrade Offer for $195 until December 21: https://motu.com/store_products/software/dp/
REAPER isn't listed but I just called and they said it's eligible.
Did they mention how one is supposed to do this with one's Reaper?
The rep said he could it over the phone or I could do it online, but I'm still thinking about it. You can give them a call on Monday for further assurance, they're very helpful people (have had hardware for decades now).

ADSR has everything from Echo Soundworks, including Evoxa, for $25.
Now that's a deal (only another 7 hours though).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”