Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can confirm this Vintage effects issue (WIn 10). An other issue, to me rahter serious one, with some of the Magix product installers don´t let me define the installation target. Vegas 14 and the Vintage effects have been exceptions, they DO show the option for the installation location, but at least the photo editor and web creator tools start to install immediately after the installer has download the product, and start to install those to the default (C:) location. I have tried twice, same thing, I was forced to uninstall both programs, because don't want ot fill my SSD with this kind of secondary software. (I have 3 HDD as well in my DAW and 3 teras space there). :(
I think I could choose custom installation folders on most, maybe all. Speaking from memory, after its downloaded it starts installation. Almost always there was 2 choices: first witch is selected, default and the second one for custom. After choosing second one and clicking next it has more choices. First for folders (named change defaults or similar to that), usually next one is for enabling/disabling creating desktop shortcut and next one if it comes with some other software trial (pc tune or something), to uncheck that if you dont want it.
Keep in mind, one of those "extras" isnt trial, it can be registered for free: MAGIX Slideshow Maker 2 (I think it wasn't mentioned anywhere).

Maybe try again and read carefully. For example, all those extra custom options are in the same window, you click on the left on text and it will present options for 1 thing, for example just for folders. Then for next etc, you don't click on bottom "next" until you check all options

Btw, not sure if I mentioned, my OS is also Win10 (Home x64)

P.S. Try using symbolic links. After install move folder to normal HDD and create symbolic link in original place. Here is the link to a good one: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

bojanboyss wrote:
I can confirm this Vintage effects issue (WIn 10). An other issue, to me rahter serious one, with some of the Magix product installers don´t let me define the installation target. Vegas 14 and the Vintage effects have been exceptions, they DO show the option for the installation location, but at least the photo editor and web creator tools start to install immediately after the installer has download the product, and start to install those to the default (C:) location. I have tried twice, same thing, I was forced to uninstall both programs, because don't want ot fill my SSD with this kind of secondary software. (I have 3 HDD as well in my DAW and 3 teras space there). :(
I think I could choose custom installation folders on most, maybe all. Speaking from memory, after its downloaded it starts installation. Almost always there was 2 choices: first witch is selected, default and the second one for custom. After choosing second one and clicking next it has more choices. First for folders (named change defaults or similar to that), usually next one is for enabling/disabling creating desktop shortcut and next one if it comes with some other software trial (pc tune or something), to uncheck that if you dont want it.
Keep in mind, one of those "extras" isnt trial, it can be registered for free: MAGIX Slideshow Maker 2 (I think it wasn't mentioned anywhere).

Maybe try again and read carefully. For example, all those extra custom options are in the same window, you click on the left on text and it will present options for 1 thing, for example just for folders. Then for next etc, you don't click on bottom "next" until you check all options

Btw, not sure if I mentioned, my OS is also Win10 (Home x64)

P.S. Try using symbolic links. After install move folder to normal HDD and create symbolic link in original place. Here is the link to a good one: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html
Thank you for commenting. :tu: I think I´ve done with the rest of the Magix stuff, Vegas was the reason anyway, others are extra. The challenge, although I could use symbolic links, is that every time I install and delete something in my SSD, this procedure shortens the life of my SSD C disc - I consider very carefully, for what reason I will risk the whole computer. BTW, the Vintage effects sound surprisingly good.

Harry_HH wrote: Thank you for commenting. :tu: I think I´ve done with the rest of the Magix stuff, Vegas was the reason anyway, others are extra. The challenge, although I could use symbolic links, is that every time I install and delete something in my SSD, this procedure shortens the life of my SSD C disc - I consider very carefully, for what reason I will risk the whole computer. BTW, the Vintage effects sound surprisingly good.
All myths about SSD life shortening!
I'm running my work pc since 5 years with a SSD. It displays 10% life usage after daily only using SSD. I'm running several write intensive programs like MYSQL Db or Eclipse on it. A consumer SSD can take about 80 Tb of writes. You won't reach that with some installing/ uninstalling of some gigabytes. Only if you did it daily for the next 3 years or so ;)

BALKAN Ethnic Orchestra Duduk Freebie

Hint was given by soundbylaura, I put it here because "No Chat" thread won´t allow recommendations etc.
viewtopic.php?p=6958852

Lovely, lovely sounding Duduk, and less than 200 MB!

Than you for the Strezov Sampling, https://www.strezov-sampling.com/
and to soundbylaura for the lead! :phones:

murnau wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Rational wrote:...I also already have several paks and their Evolva but for $25, that's a steal....Thanks for that blurb. It allowed me to grab it just in time...
...Was stupid enough to let it pass myself...
Afair they'll offer all sales at once eventually.
Hope so. Completely missed it.

Seeing SPL Attacker Plus on offer for $9 has me thinking about the $19 DrumXChanger deal I passed on. Did anyone here buy DrumXChanger? Did it come with Attacker or Attacker Plus?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html

BTW, SPL De-Verb Plus is on offer for $19, too.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html

They look an awful lot like the attack and sustain parts of Transient Designer Plus, just split up into separate plugins.

They are.

I wasn't sure what, if anything, was included with Drum XChanger. Someone mentioned it coming with a transient designer, but I'm certain it's not the $199 SPL Transient Designer Plus. Maybe it is/was a previous version of Transient Designer or a version of Attacker?

telecharge wrote:I wasn't sure what, if anything, was included with Drum XChanger. Someone mentioned it coming with a transient designer, but I'm certain it's not the $199 SPL Transient Designer Plus. Maybe it is/was a previous version of Transient Designer or a version of Attacker?
It apparently used to come with a separate transient designer but no longer. It includes the SPL Transient designer though as part of the Drum Xchanger.

What I am curious about is If it uses more CPU than the separate SPL transient designer if you only use one of the transient designers (there are actually 2 in DrumXchanger). One for the original sound and one for the sample. I am hoping that DrumXchanger will be available again at the end of the month. I just moved yesterday and have to set up my PC. When I do I will be able to answer these questions myself by trying the demos. But if anyone knows, please share :)
Play it by ear

They just updated the modules earlier this year. I'm not sure if the "Plus" features have yet made their way into Drum XChanger. I'm guessing not.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/plugin-al ... plus-36590

Harry_HH wrote:The challenge, although I could use symbolic links, is that every time I install and delete something in my SSD, this procedure shortens the life of my SSD C disc - I consider very carefully, for what reason I will risk the whole computer.
Pretty sure most SSD's now days have a life expectancy (at least in regard to read and write operations) of about 50 years. *Mind you, this has nothing to do with the actual life of the drive, just the media's capacity to have data written to it, before it "wears out" so to speak.
Last edited by pekbro on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

pekbro wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:The challenge, although I could use symbolic links, is that every time I install and delete something in my SSD, this procedure shortens the life of my SSD C disc - I consider very carefully, for what reason I will risk the whole computer.
Pretty sure most SSD's now days have a life expectancy (at least in regard to read and write operations) of about 50 years.
Good to know. In any way, my general experience is, after owning about 15 computers, that there is a law called "empty space tends to fill up" (its kind of opposite to the law how the universe expands :o ). This is one reason I have learned to consider carefully, what do I install to my computer. Especially this is in the case of the C-disc, and expensive SSDs. In addition, some programms spread all over to your discs, although you uninstall the software, some "extensions" leave to your discs. In some cases, installed software may even slow down your computer.

I wonder if there can be some setting in the Win 10, which makes some Magix sofware start installing automatically when using the Magix installer? :?: Vegas 14 and Vintage effects showed the installation options after the downloading, but as mentioned earlier, I have tried a couple of other programs in the Magix bundle, which didn´t - and I tried a couple of times, same thing always.

Fab Filter promo is live ... is it the exact same thing as it was on Black Friday?

Tappistry wrote:Fab Filter promo is live ... is it the exact same thing as it was on Black Friday?
No, this time you also get additional discounts on personal upgrade offers in your account. There is also an additional discount on the Pro-L 2 upgrade. I have been waiting for that one.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”