2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Will you be dropping 32-bit support for Windows 7?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Andrew Souter wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:How long is the crossgrade and winter discount available?
Hi,

There are currently two discounts active: one is temporary, and the other is permanent.

The Holiday/Pre-Release discount of $50, making it $74.95 during this period for new customers, will end in mid to late January. Around NAMM or so. We started a little later this year than usual as we were trying to finish this, so we will leave it open a little later than normal, particularly since we will be actively updating any reported issues and touching up some final things we want to do during this period.

The cross-grade discount which saves you another $25 if you own Breeze 1, Aether or B2, will never expire.

So currently it's an absolute no-brainer (IMHO) deal of $49.95 ($124.95 - $50 - $25) for existing customers by combining both of the discounts. :tu:
Sweeeeeeet, thanks
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Aloysius wrote:Will you be dropping 32-bit support for Windows 7?
No. We will continue to have 32bit support on Windows. I've personally spent the last year using the win32 version in SoundForge on Win8 during development. It's my preferred host to test alg and feature development. :tu:

We dropped it on OSX bc Apple makes it rather hard not to if you also want to be compatible with the latest and greatest. And basically all OSX hosts are 64-bit now. Most major ones 64-bit only.

To explain what we mean by "Pre-Release"
Today we are making the current state of Breeze 2.0 available to everyone and anyone who would like to try it in a "Pre Release" state and we are including it in our Winter Holiday Promotion. There are a few more things we still want to do, and are still putting finishing touches on a few minor GUI things, but as is said: real artists ship.

"Pre-Release" is something in-between a public-beta and the final version. The functional aspects and all audio/DSP features are complete and sound insanely great. What remains to receive some final loving is:

1) Full host compatibility testing and minor bug fixes as reported
2) OSX High Sierra compatibility, and fix of minor OSX GUI glitches
3) Full Factory Presets, and optional "Simply Better" Preset Expansion
4) Older machine support including Win 7 and SSE-based CPUs
5) Minor GUI additions and enhancements such as "Light Mode" theme
6) Marketing Materials & Demo Sounds
7) Manual

We expect we will follow up relatively quickly with small free maintenance updates such as 2.0.1, 2.0.2 etc through the end of December as we tweak these few remaining things we would like to do and address any reported issues that inevitability pop up in initial releases. If you are the type of customer who likes to be the first to explore new things, and likes to provide feedback to help squash any potential minor bugs, this is your chance. New versions will automatically appear in the "My Downloads" area of the "My Account" section of the Designer Sound web-store as they become available. The process is quick and painless in the new web-store.

During the Winter Holiday Promo the Breeze 2.0, Perfect Storm 3.0, and Everything Packs include both Breeze 1.0 and 2.0 so that you may use both if necessary during the Pre-Release period while we receive feedback and additional compatibility reports from initial users. Both versions can be installed concurrently and even used together in the same session. Breeze 2.0 will not automatically replace 1.0 instances in your existing sessions; therefore if you demand rock solid stability for projects during the holiday period but would also like to explore Breeze 2.0 at your leisure, you can have the best of both worlds!

We expect to be fully complete with the Pre-Release stage by the NAMM timeframe around the third week of January 2018. We are also completing the Simply Better Expansion for this timeframe, which is preemptively included in the Breeze 2.0 Pack. You may simply order in January of course if you prefer, but it's now the Holiday Season, our mothers told us not to horde our toys, and some people like to sample holiday cookies while they are still warm from the oven. Therefore in the spirit of sharing, we are opening this up to anyone who would like to get a head start on exploring our latest effort today.
We probably did not even really need to call it "Pre-Release" and could have just pushed it out as 2.0.0 and quietly fixed whatever was needed as is the norm in our industry. But we have as customers a lot of very important people in music, film, FV, and games and they expect perfection from us. So if there remain a few things to still make perfect in the product, we want to be explicit about this.

So the pre-relase gets you an awesome no-brainer deal, and it gets us some extra feedback and testing on all the huge combinations of hosts/OS's etc out there. We can't possibly have them all ourselves. During this phase we are actively listning to all feedback and are fully committed to make everything perfect. :tu:

Maybe some of you will even be nice enough to make some cool demo sounds/songs during pre-release, so I don't have to subject you all to my solo piano music once again? :hihi:

Is there a crossgrade if you have Aether, B2 and Kaleidoscope?

Andrew Souter wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Will you be dropping 32-bit support for Windows 7?
No. We will continue to have 32bit support on Windows...
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Where exactly is the place to email about upgrade from PS2.0? designersound.com? 2caudio.com?

Andrew Souter wrote:We are looking into Win7 support. Thanks. :tu:
Thanks, Andrew, will upgrade as soon as Win7 is supported

aMUSEd wrote:Is there a crossgrade if you have Aether, B2 and Kaleidoscope?

So effectively you want to upgrade/cross-grade to the "EVERYTHING" deal? Yes, sure we can help with that. It's Christmas after-all and we are in deal making moods. Send an email.

info(at) 2 c audio . com

softska wrote:Where exactly is the place to email about upgrade from PS2.0? designersound.com? 2caudio.com?

info(at) 2 c audio . com

works

Just been playing with it, it is excellent! Firstly the size of the window is a relief since I use a 4K monitor and have to s

Just been playing with it, it is excellent! Firstly the size of the window is a relief since I use a 4K monitor and have to squint at most plugins. The interface is great throughout with the controls for the damping and the EQ and when you double click it becomes full window size where you can change the filter shapes etc. Really not sure what I am seeing on the time display as it seems to fluctuate a lot when you change a control slightly - will need to RTM for that. Sound is excellent and definitely a step up from Breeze 1. The new plates of doom had me happy for half an hour playing :)

Keith99 wrote:Just been playing with it, it is excellent! Firstly the size of the window is a relief since I use a 4K monitor and have to squint at most plugins.
ya I love using the 2880 size on my 4K display. This is how plugs should look IMHO. I hope the era of tiny GUIs dies a fast death asap. :wink:

i suppose we could offer 5K size also for full screen on 5k iMacs etc. too. The really cool thing is this is one extra line of code to do, whereas in our previous system it was at least a week of effort to make all new images and reposition everything etc.

Keith99 wrote: The interface is great throughout with the controls for the damping and the EQ and when you double click it becomes full window size where you can change the filter shapes etc.
Thanks!

Note some filter types have up to 4 parameters. All 4 can be controlled from the main window also with:

click-drag-Horizontal (X): controls Parameter 1 (P1) = Filter Frequency
click-drag-Vertical (Y): controls Parameter 2 (P2) = varies depending on filter, but usually gain
alt-click-drag-Horizontal (Alt-X): controls Parameter 3 (P3) = varies depending on filter
alt-click-drag-Vertical (Alt-Y): controls Parameter 4 (P4) = varies depending on filter
Keith99 wrote: Really not sure what I am seeing on the time display as it seems to fluctuate a lot when you change a control slightly - will need to RTM for that. Sound is excellent and definitely a step up from Breeze 1. The new plates of doom had me happy for half an hour playing :)
ya, if there is a BladeRunner 2050, and Hans Zimmer is busy with other scoring work, we got you covered! :D

Andrew Souter wrote:So currently it's an absolute no-brainer (IMHO) deal of $49.95 ($124.95 - $50 - $25) for existing customers by combining both of the discounts. :tu:
Is there a way to test it on Win 7 before buying and before the discount runs out?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:So currently it's an absolute no-brainer (IMHO) deal of $49.95 ($124.95 - $50 - $25) for existing customers by combining both of the discounts. :tu:
Is there a way to test it on Win 7 before buying and before the discount runs out?

we're working on it...

Return to “Effects”