New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

beautiful image

Zombie Queen wrote:
apondinthestream wrote:Also is there a tute anywhere on automating preset changes? I would like to find the simplest way to cycle through variations “in defined periods” as you have done
You can save variations of a preset to keyswitches and then sequence loading them in DAW by playing keyswitch notes. You think it would need a tute?
(On the video above it's one preset playing.)
apondinthestream wrote:Ps years ago I made a game of life animation of lots of pictures of faces used in a facial expression experiment. Happy faces would get overrun with angry faces and then maybe sad faces might take over a section of the screen etc etc
Sound like fun. Did it make beeps? :D
Okay thanks, I haves used the key switch method before, must go back a reread the docs. Amazing that changing pattern is one preset. And no, I did not have beeps - missed opportunity

Zombie Queen wrote:It comes from here:
http://www.mirekw.com/ca/rullex_gene.html
thanks

Hi, I am very keen to purchase this amazing software,
but really want to control various Kontakt instruments, and some hardware synths via midi - in a live context,
so I can refine the instruments whilst it receives midi information.

Is Midi out on the horizon?

There is MIDI out in Kontakt, but everything goes to one channel. If you want multichannel, which in case of this instrument is something you may want, it becomes a bit of tricky subject.

I've been experimenting with getting live multichannel note stream out of single instance of Cracklefield, but it should be treated as experimental workaround, see here: http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... encer.html

This setup is using two instances of Kontakt, one generates the sequence, the other receives it and routes to different Kontakt patches. Similar approach could work for distilling channels to use with other VST or hardware instruments, basically you would need several Kontakt instances, one to generate the sequence and as many more as many channels you would need (in most complicated case 9 of them). So, it's possible, but it involves building quite complicated setup in DAW, to achieve something relatively simple.
If you like to experiment and would like to play around with it, please PM me or e-mail me, I'd enjoy trying to make it work. But, if you're looking for a solid ready-made solution, I'm afraid it's not suitable.

Thanks Zombie Queen,
If any program can do midi note / convert channel it would be Reaper.
I will report back here if I can get it happening.

Cracklefield is a awesome creative program BTW !

Having not purchased anything from KVR - it seems crazy that there is not a BUY button on the main Cracklefield page? (KVR Products)
I get a shopping cart - but no way of adding.
Do you have a link to purchase Zombie Queen?

Thanks Musical Gym - too easy :)

My pleasure. Check out some of his freebies here if you don't know about them:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/2015/03/index.html
Scroll down to Free.

Thank you.

To expand MIDI out question. The multichannel trick linked above only works for patching from Kontakt to Kontakt. To get sequence with cursors assigned to separate MIDI channels to patch to another VSTi or hardware, it will get a tab more complicated. You will need gate patch for Kontakt to filter sequence and as many gate instances as MIDI channels to create. Here's how it would be patched in MUX, which is nice to show how to connect things (blue nodes are MIDI channels, red nodes are audio channels).
cracklefield gate setup.jpg
So it's a bit of crazy hacking area, which is why it's not mentioned in manual. It it doesn't scare you, you can get the gate patch here:
cracklefield_gate.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Zombie Queen,
I downloaded Cracklefield and have a visual problem with the software.
All of the right hand size selection panel is scrambled - and unreadable.
Sent you a PM

ChristopherT wrote:Hi Zombie Queen,
I downloaded Cracklefield and have a visual problem with the software.
All of the right hand size selection panel is scrambled - and unreadable.
Sent you a PM
I had that in Reaper - are you using Reaper? I'll try and remember what the fix was. Worth persisting as there is definitely a fix and Cracklefield is incredibly powerful

EDIT -

if Reaper, go in to Preferences >VST> and unclick Dont flush synthesizer plugins on stop/reset and the one below that

AND run Kontakt as a dedicated process (which you have to do from the FX window. Reaper claims it can be done from Prefs>VST but I cant see where that setting is)

OK - Yes I am on Reaper.
I tried deselecting those preferences and it made no difference.

Also - this is happening when Kontakt is running in stand alone mode - outside of Reaper.
I'm on Mac OSX 10.12.6 Sierra

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”