Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

Aliens wrote:Any Oddity 2 owners like me get the Korg Odyssey? If so, how do they compare?
Just got the Korg ARP Odyssey and did not compare to Oddity 2 yet but will do soon.

The Korg plugin does not include the additional modulations in Oddity 2 where you could have a dedicated envelope and/or LFO for each parameter.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Aliens wrote:Any Oddity 2 owners like me get the Korg Odyssey? If so, how do they compare?
Just got the Korg ARP Odyssey and did not compare to Oddity 2 yet but will do soon.

The Korg plugin does not include the additional modulations in Oddity 2 where you could have a dedicated envelope and/or LFO for each parameter.
Or the third (sub) oscillator right?

murnau wrote:
ShawnMH wrote:
HiEnergy wrote:korg.shop web site bails out with a Magento error every single time I try to put anything into the cart
Same here.

What a mess, a real treat for existing/paying customers... :roll:
Tried several times yesterday, tried several times in this early morning. No chance. :roll:
Yes me too! :x
I have only one synth (Mono/Poly) and I only want to migrate this one. I won't buy anything else till they update the GUI for others (in Windows).

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Or the third (sub) oscillator right?
That's corrent. No Sub Osc in Korg ARP Odyssey plugin (like in the new hardware synth and the vintage one).
Besides polyphony, unison and effects the new Korg plugin seems to use the same features and layout/design found in their hardware Odyssey.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

What a pile of steaming crap their website and upgrade procedure is. I can't complete the procedure, I just get thrown to an error page.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Ingonator wrote: That's corrent. No Sub Osc in Korg ARP Odyssey plugin (like in the new hardware synth and the vintage one).
Besides polyphony, unison and effects the new Korg plugin seems to use the same features and layout/design found in their hardware Odyssey.
So what's the raw sound like one v the other? Is either a more convincing an emulation?

Online only = DRM
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Aliens wrote:
Ingonator wrote: That's corrent. No Sub Osc in Korg ARP Odyssey plugin (like in the new hardware synth and the vintage one).
So what's the raw sound like one v the other? Is either a more convincing an emulation?
I am just starting the direct comparion. Anyway the Korg plugin is an emulation of their on new hardware Odyssey so the question is what a "convincing emulation" means when comparing the Korg plugin to Oddity 2.
The features and the GUI design of the Korg plugin nails their hardware version almost perfectly while the plugin has a few advanced featues (e.g. polyphony, Unison, effects). Overall i like the GUi of the Korg plugin more, maybe also because i had played with the Korg hardware few times (at Musikmesse and my local music shop). Without any comparion i can already say that i like the sounds i get from the Korg plugin and my first impression is better than that i had with Oddity 2 when playing it for the first time.
This is independent of the advanced features that Oddity 2 might include like e.g. the Sub Osc and having additional modulations for each parameter.
Ingo Weidner

I finally managed to Authorize my Odyssey :)
It was the server that is being hammered i think since i had to wait some time before the enter code came up in the authorizer software.

Soundwise it nails the HW version from what i remember when playing one and the Unison sounds so Juicy an fat.
Love the sound of it and with Repro 1-5, Diva, Odyssey, Tal and Roland and my hw i am now in my Retro heaven :love:

The Cpu usage is very high just like with Repro but it doesn't bother me.
If they where hardware i could only use one instance of each at a time anyway :)

braj wrote:What a pile of steaming crap their website and upgrade procedure is. I can't complete the procedure, I just get thrown to an error page.
+++1! :x
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Damn shop is still borked!

aMUSEd wrote:Damn shop is still borked!
I think there is a secret incantation and chicken sacrifice you need to make to get it working :(
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Is there a demo of the new Oddysey plugin?

I fixed my move yesterday and it worked just fine. I got mails from Korg with new installers. One thing that bugs me though is that the Legacy is listed as "pending" when I check the order. Did anyone else encounter that? Just wonder if something is not correct.

I got the Arp and that order is listed as completed.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

braj wrote:What a pile of steaming crap their website and upgrade procedure is. I can't complete the procedure, I just get thrown to an error page.
One of their issues that will cost them many new customers and
repeat customers is that they
1. assume your email address will never ever change over the years, or
2. They won't admit the long-running trainwreck of a website
lost track of customer registration details.

Their 'help' link for renewing registration details says go to 'bla bla bla',
which does not exist.

They need to allow product owners with valid
authorization code, locking code, and license ###
to re-register under a new email and password.

A few thousand users locked out of their system
for one of many issues they brought upon themselves,
will just cause people to buy from companies with
competant web coders, and a functioning business model.

For their sake, I hope cousin Billy coded the new Arp
for beer and chitlins, if a paid coder(s) in the real market was used,
they're gonna lose a large pile of money unless they fix things asap
After all these years, KORG software team is still on a :roll:

Hey, Korg rep: If you exist, we've got issues here, and need H-E--L---P
Last edited by glokraw on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”