Bazille and High Sierra

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is this nice little warning on the u-he site warning of scrambled presets on u-he synths when upgrading to Hign Sierra on a Mac. Something about the patches not being in alphabetical order. Of course I'm not very observant so I never noticed they were in alphabetical order in first place. Downloading the 2.8 for Zebra2 eliminated the problem for that synth. But for Bazille the problem is a little more annoying because, at the moment, not only are the presets not in alphabetical order but you also can't save favourites. And all my previously saved favourites are no longer saved. I thought I would point this out in case the u-he folks are not aware of that problem. Love what 2.8 has done for zebra2 by the way.

Greg
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

Hi Greg, It's news to me at least that favs don't work in High Sierra :-/

We have decided to rush updates a bit in the sense that we'll resume posting "latest builds" again. We'll start with Diva shortly, then Hive, Bazille, Ace, everything. So while official updates will still undergo the same in depth QA procedure we've done for recent releases, we'll post beta-builds with the new preset browser added for people who need a quick fix.

One other thing I've thought of asking for in the preset catagory is a way of placing similar presets in the same folder, Arps, bass, pads, ecetera. I have a lot of third-party libraries, especially for Zebra 2, and so the pads are spread out over the various folders and not in one place.
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

rainguitar wrote:One other thing I've thought of asking for in the preset catagory is a way of placing similar presets in the same folder, Arps, bass, pads, ecetera. I have a lot of third-party libraries, especially for Zebra 2, and so the pads are spread out over the various folders and not in one place.
That's what the tagging feature does, which we'll subsequently add to most - if not all - of our plug-ins.

So even Z2 will get tags? :)

EvilDragon wrote:So even Z2 will get tags? :)
Not sure yet.

Urs wrote:Hi Greg, It's news to me at least that favs don't work in High Sierra :-/

We have decided to rush updates a bit in the sense that we'll resume posting "latest builds" again. We'll start with Diva shortly, then Hive, Bazille, Ace, everything. So while official updates will still undergo the same in depth QA procedure we've done for recent releases, we'll post beta-builds with the new preset browser added for people who need a quick fix.
Any chance you've got an ETA for these preset browser quick fix builds?

Any word on a preset sorting fix for high sierra yet? I've had to upgrade my system to run work-related applications, and Bazille is pretty much unusable except as a start-from-scratch improv synth now. Since it and Zebra are the only two I really use at all now, this has become a major pain. Sorry to be a bother :/ I know there's a lot on the u-he plate...
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Urs wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 pm Hi Greg, It's news to me at least that favs don't work in High Sierra :-/

Actually the favorites don't work, at least not on my system. I cannot save favorites and the patch organization is a mess. I'm using OS 10.13.6 and Logic Pro 10.4.2. At present my Bazille directory show 2 favorites of the many I've saved in the past and I can't currently save favorites. Zebra 2.8 is working perfectly.

I'm attentively waiting for a Bazille update! The unsorted presets is frustrating

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 am I'm attentively waiting for a Bazille update! The unsorted presets is frustrating
We all are.

The big issue being that the new browser isn't just something that can be copied and pasted into a plugin, but it requires product-specific GUI work, both in visuals and in scripting. So we can't just "insert a snippet and press build" for everything, but we need to focus on one product at a time, and release the updates step by step.

We'd love to push an update for Bazille sooner than later, but there are unavoidable circumstances that make it necessary for us to focus on other products first. So a Bazille update for the browser will have to wait until we can afford to work on it, and unfortunately right now we can't.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

What about an intermediate fix simply to address the sorting issue without introducing the full functionality of the new preset browser? APFS has now been around for something like a year and a half.

#rob wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 am I'm attentively waiting for a Bazille update! The unsorted presets is frustrating
We all are.

The big issue being that the new browser isn't just something that can be copied and pasted into a plugin, but it requires product-specific GUI work, both in visuals and in scripting. So we can't just "insert a snippet and press build" for everything, but we need to focus on one product at a time, and release the updates step by step.

We'd love to push an update for Bazille sooner than later, but there are unavoidable circumstances that make it necessary for us to focus on other products first. So a Bazille update for the browser will have to wait until we can afford to work on it, and unfortunately right now we can't.
The good news... Bitwig reads u-he presets and in Bitwig the presets are ordered correctly... helps a bit...

Not if you're not on Bitwig obivously.

obviously...

Return to “u-he”