Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
soundbylaura
KVRian
625 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:06 pm

CClarry, the link is busted in that Goliath post in Deals. :)
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8691 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 pm

soundbylaura wrote:CClarry, the link is busted in that Goliath post in Deals. :)
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... re-goliath

Its a spin off from Beatskillz

User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
5563 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from Arkham Asylum

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 pm

mgw38 wrote:Not quite sure if I understand all this bickering about the IK customer loyalty program. It is a loyalty program. If you don't like it, don't be loyal. It is as simple as that.

I have to say that, everything considered, I got a lot of value with not that much investment from IK Multimedia. The VAT issue I can relate to. But IK Multimedia is not the only developer where this is an issue. So far JRR has beaten any voucher U-he has ever put out there just by not charging VAT.
Comparing U-he with IKM is laughable: For example i got Repro for free while IKM want to charge me for download. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

User avatar
shidostrife
KVRian
508 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:01 pm

cprompt wrote:
telecharge wrote:I'm done with Jam Points and Gear Credits.
I've got about €80 of jampoints but the crazy thing is, even with 30% off the price in jampoints, add the VAT on and convert from € to £ and it's still cheaper to buy full price from, say, JRR in $ :(
Without the VAT, it's almost the same price in IK site and JRR, but if you buy from IK, you lose jampoints :lol:

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1169 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm

murnau wrote:
mgw38 wrote:The VAT issue I can relate to. But IK Multimedia is not the only developer where this is an issue. So far JRR has beaten any voucher U-he has ever put out there just by not charging VAT.
Comparing U-he with IKM is laughable: For example i got Repro for free while IKM want to charge me for download. :lol:
Fact remains that any coupon U-he has every put out there was useless because you could always buy it cheaper elsewhere without the coupon.

And just to make sure: this is not a comment on quality. I love my U-he, more than I love my IKM. :tu:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2100 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Well, the uhe coupons issued in conjunction with Bitwig, were better than any retailer. I have received 2 of them to date.

Just sayin.

*Maybe 3 actually, pretty sure I bought Hive and Repro for $50 each directly from uhe.
Last edited by pekbro on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
5985 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 pm

pekbro wrote:Well, the uhe coupons issued in conjunction with Bitwig, were better than any retailer. I have received 2 of them to date.

Just sayin.
I used my U-he coupon to get a little off a sound bank. I think in the past you couldn't use them for this but last time you could.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1169 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Ok, ok, you guys win. Some of the coupons were actually useful. Didn't know that you could use the latest one for sound banks, btw. Need to try next time. :)

User avatar
shidostrife
KVRian
508 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Anybody wants a Reason 10 25% off voucher? Valid until Jan 28th.

Not sure if it works for upgrades as I don't have any version of Reason, but it does work for full version and doesn't work for Essential.

My only requirements is that you are really going to use it. PM me.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1169 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:27 pm

shidostrife wrote:Anybody wants a Reason 10 25% off voucher? Valid until Jan 28th.

Not sure if it works for upgrades as I don't have any version of Reason, but it does work for full version and doesn't work for Essential.

My only requirements is that you are really going to use it. PM me.
Looks like every Positive Grid user gets one. Does not work for the Essentials -> Full upgrade, unfortunately.

User avatar
shidostrife
KVRian
508 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 pm

mgw38 wrote:
shidostrife wrote:Anybody wants a Reason 10 25% off voucher? Valid until Jan 28th.

Not sure if it works for upgrades as I don't have any version of Reason, but it does work for full version and doesn't work for Essential.

My only requirements is that you are really going to use it. PM me.
Looks like every Positive Grid user gets one. Does not work for the Essentials -> Full upgrade, unfortunately.
Yeah, it seems they're having some collabs nowadays, with Reason also giving away Bias FX LE in their store.
And thanks for the confirmation on upgrades.

kitekrazy
KVRist
217 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 am

mgw38 wrote:Not quite sure if I understand all this bickering about the IK customer loyalty program. It is a loyalty program. If you don't like it, don't be loyal. It is as simple as that.

I have to say that, everything considered, I got a lot of value with not that much investment from IK Multimedia. The VAT issue I can relate to. But IK Multimedia is not the only developer where this is an issue. So far JRR has beaten any voucher U-he has ever put out there just by not charging VAT.
Humor and sarcasm in the same sentence. BTW in your last sentence often developers try not to under sell their vendors. IK had the oddest practices compared to competitors. See Waves, Plugin Alliance, Melda. Many have followed your advice and dropped IK on this forum.

Go buy some gear credit and then come back to talk to us.

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8691 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

Anyone had a problem with trying to buy PSP Xeon?
Element 5 the payment processer keeps rejecting my Paypal payment.
Not happened before.

User avatar
waltercruz
KVRAF
1605 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:17 am

I think that I won't buy Xenon now, but all the times that I tried to use Element 5 to pay for PSP plugins I had problems with them.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1169 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:20 am

PSP Xenon is $25.89 in cart at Audiodeluxe.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”