Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Nice, maybe something to look forwards to in the Spring. :)

And very first soundbank for Viper is out! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22rY1JAV1UQ

Synthman2000 wrote:Nice, maybe something to look forwards to in the Spring. :)
Instant buy for me when 64bit is ready. :tu:

Waiting for 64bit as well, money is ready...

starflakeprj wrote:
chk071 wrote:I assume Adam is talking about a beta. No sign of it on the Flowstone website.
It's still an alpha afaik.
Is it safe to use alpha software to ship a commercial product :o
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Really depends on how stable that thing really is. "Alpha" is just a label, as far as i'm concerned. Some finals are more buggy than some aplha's will ever be. But, as i don't know, i can't really comment on it. It'll surely be noticed in beta testing of the plugin.

v1o wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
chk071 wrote:I assume Adam is talking about a beta. No sign of it on the Flowstone website.
It's still an alpha afaik.
Is it safe to use alpha software to ship a commercial product :o
He isnt, so its quite safe.

So is there any plan on how the remaining Virus TI features will be included?

Shiek927 wrote:So is there any plan on how the remaining Virus TI features will be included?
I havent had time to think about it yet, I am fixing all the bugs and issues people have found, then I need to concentrate on the 64 bit version, and only then I can think about new features
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:So is there any plan on how the remaining Virus TI features will be included?
I havent had time to think about it yet, I am fixing all the bugs and issues people have found, then I need to concentrate on the 64 bit version, and only then I can think about new features
Okay! that all seems like a solid plan! :D

Anyone with Virus who have A and B tested against Viper.
Can Viper stand up to an adult sound against Virus.

Sylenth1 sounds a bit weak and Spire stiff and bright in my opinion.

:o

walker1 wrote:Anyone with Virus who have A and B tested against Viper.

There is a comparison video in the first post.

I ported some sounds from my Virus TI, some of them sound basically identical, some are quite close to the original sounds.

In my own experience Viper may lack a bit of that Virus fatness/solidness, so you may want to compress and/or saturate the sound a bit to come closer. The filter sounds a bit different. Basically if you listen to this video closely you will hear what these differences are. That's a very honest video actually, not trying to mask the differences.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-483271866 ... viper-test
I did a quick A/B with my virus snow. Remade two patches with identicle settings one open hypersaws and one saw patch with filters. Havent had much time hence soundcloud, so not a test for audiophiles, but u get the idea.
The hypersaw seems pretty spot on if you ask me. Env act very slightly differently in regards to release times. I agree filter sounds slightly different I think I could get the sound much closer in the second example with some tweaking. EQ is very different than virus I did mess with the digital distortion very quickly the other day and I would say its very close to the virus. My impressions is I would buy viper, in fact I love it already. Closest I think I have heard in vst to the real thing. Some great modelling for sure. Will spend more time with it. Sorry in advance if the tests arent up to kvr standards lol
Forgot to say virus plays first in both examples

Yes it can and very well. Especialy if you are doing a dance music song where you in the end still cut bellow 100hz AT Least (usualy at 170-250hz) or higher it stacks up nearly identical (if you are not using Sync Hypersaw and other features that are not included in Viper). The patches i made that you hear in youtube demo are translated from my original virus patches i made some years ago and they sound shockingly close when stacked up :)

If my virus wouldnt have a sentimental value to me (and also a real studio has to have some hardware synthesizer :lol: j/k ) i would sell it tbh.

Elektronisch wrote:

Yes it can and very well. Especialy if you are doing a dance music song where you in the end still cut bellow 100hz AT Least (usualy at 170-250hz) or higher it stacks up nearly identical (if you are not using Sync Hypersaw and other features that are not included in Viper). The patches i made that you hear in youtube demo are translated from my original virus patches i made some years ago and they sound shockingly close when stacked up :)

If my virus wouldnt have a sentimental value to me (and also a real studio has to have some hardware synthesizer :lol: j/k ) i would sell it tbh.
I agree 100% with this, my virus is a complete PITA TBH and it was looking worried the other day lol, I have to admit though I couldn't sell it as for one it is so buggy I would likely get some sort of comeback from someone that has never owned one expecting it to run smooth as a VST and I can't b arsed I am glad I have only bought the snow though at this point.
I expect that most virus users are the same and layer up in the 16 parts or 4 depending on variant and run the whole grouped layers back through the virus filters and fx, at least that's what I like to do.
This is what makes it cool to keep around for me as I can run any synth through it if I wish. And it looks cool also.
I'm getting more into hardware again so I'm keeping mine about
This just increased my virus polyphony tho lol like a sort of weird upgrade for 90 euros lol. I like how I can try things on a laptop with viper and get an idea how it will sound on the virus also. And I like how it won't destroy my speaker monitors when the virus decides to bug out occasionally. If I had a poco virus at this point I would b selling that however.
Isn't it crazy how that virus sound always comes with trade offs. Won't run as a VST without dedicated hardware like poco, can't have TI VST without a TI synth hardware, and this one requires a PC.

Anyways I hope this young man does very well off the back of this and makes lots of money as payback for his fantastic efforts. Would like to see this on a splice plan to deter warez since he's a one man band.

Return to “Instruments”