2CAudio Breeze 2.1 | P-Link | Sub-Zero Suspend-On-Slience | Chameleon Color

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2411 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:18 pm

timyork wrote:
Agreed as well! It provides a sense of space that can be quiet realistic but without an obvious early relfections or attempt to create debth with late reflections. sweet.

The more I use the Simply better expansion drum chamber presets on various percussions in this track I'm mixing the more glad I am I bought Breeze and the expansion pack. As you've said, they provide a realistic sense of space that really helps the sounds find their place/space in the mix. So easy to tweak to get it right too.
It should be noted also that applying this kind of stuff to Drums is probably the hardest thing to apply it to as it is easy to get "metallic" sounding results on drums and transient material with inferior methods. It took some real magic and luck to figure out how to do this effectively... :tu:

and I should reiterate that especially for things like small to medium sizes, it is better to use this stuff directly on tracks as inserts, NOT on sends. :!: You don't really want to mix the perfectly dry signal with the spatialized dry signal (AMB). You want to use one or the other in most cases, especially when using small size, and especially when using Chamber and Hyper-Plate modes.

If you really want to use on buss tracks, use "Group tracks" instead of of "Sends" and route output of the tracks to the Group track instead of mixing with send for best results when using this stuff with Chamber and Hyper-Plate modes. This will keep things the most clean.

Hall modes can work better on sends using this stuff, especially with larger sizes. And for colored modes there are really no rules, so do as you like. :D

But using multiple instances directly on tracks will give even better results in all cases, at the expense of some extra CPU, but it's minimal to begin with. :D
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
14224 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Re: 2CAudio Breeze 2.0 (Pre-Release) Available Now!

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm

timyork wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ploki wrote::o i'm gonna faint
Naa, it's not worth fainting, good old Charlie sometimes sits on my shoulder when I design sounds or compose music, he likes it :)
I've been enjoying your Breeze videos and audio, Simon, and I have one of your preset sets (Chromaphone), which is great. In the 80s I played drums with a band where your dad's name was often mentioned as an influence, so it was nice for me to make the connection a little while ago. Your singing bowl presets for Breeze 2 are particularly good.
:tu:

krankyone
KVRist
159 posts since 13 Oct, 2006

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Andrew, thanks. I didn't mean distortion in Breeze 2, but distortion from clipping in the audio track I have Breeze 2 inserted. I think you are right that it might be increased gain based on the EQ combined with the frequencies of my loop; I can correct the problem by lowering the output gain of Breeze 2. Some of the presets that had the strongest effect did have high gain in the EQ near a strong frequency spike in my sample.
Mid 2010 3.33 Ghz Hexacore Mac Pro, OS 10.12.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Ableton Live

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 am

Improvising with a classical guitar patch from one of my Falcon libraries straight into Breeze 2 reverb using a new preset -> Dream Pertainer. Breeze 2 sounds really beautiful, Andrew, sending more compliments your way.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -pertainer

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 am

Can't stop, here is another one, improvising with a sampled piano (NI Alicia's Keys) straight into Breeze 2 reverb using the new preset Ballad Piano 01.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... s-breeze-2

HcDoom
KVRian
854 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:13 am

Breeze sounds great, well done Andrew

XComposer
KVRist
210 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:47 am

Thank you, Simon, these examples are really wonderful! What a beauty of reverb…
(The way the original sound keeps its clarity even when using evident reverb tails, the way the sound is really "merged" into the ambience in a very natural manner without losing details, and the subtle beauty of the reverb modulations are astonishing features, I believe!)
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.11, Logic Pro X

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

XComposer wrote:Thank you, Simon, these examples are really wonderful! What a beauty of reverb…
(The way the original sound keeps its clarity even when using evident reverb tails, the way the sound is really "merged" into the ambience in a very natural manner without losing details, and the subtle beauty of the reverb modulations are astonishing features, I believe!)
...and the resonances really adapt to the input source in timbre and modulation intensity, that makes it so expressive and pristine.

My pleasure.

Andrew Souter
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:24 pm

HcDoom wrote:Breeze sounds great, well done Andrew

and Denis... could not have done it without Denis... :tu:

thanks kindly. :tu:

e@rs
KVRAF
3667 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 am

e@rs wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:
e@rs wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:Breeze will work perfectly fine on a 2006 laptop... :tu:
But not on my 2008 Win7 x64 Asus laptop... I get a blank GUI in Studio One 3 and Renoise 3. Blame the legacy OpenGL drivers?
still on win7 32? with 32bit host? we don't know if that works. Win7 64, with 64bit host works.
I switched to Win7 x64 on both my desktop and laptop. Breeze works on the desktop (nVidia GPU), but not on the laptop (ATI/AMD GPU, latest drivers from 2013).
So, any idea why the GUI is blank on my laptop :?:
As I already mentioned, I got Win7 x64 and x64 hosts.

Andrew Souter
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 pm

e@rs wrote: So, any idea why the GUI is blank on my laptop :?:
As I already mentioned, I got Win7 x64 and x64 hosts.
A dat cu mucii în fasole? :D

I would assume this is some kind of Open-GL issue, such as the video card drivers being too old, or not supporting Open-GL specs etc. Maybe there are new video card drivers for this machine? if it even has a discrete GPU. and/or maybe there are new video drives for the CPU/chipset or whatever is handling video output on this older machine?

You said you can use it on Win764 on a desktop as I remember, yes?

e@rs
KVRAF
3667 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 pm

Andrew Souter wrote:A dat cu mucii în fasole? :D
:tu: :lol:
Andrew Souter wrote:I would assume this is some kind of Open-GL issue, such as the video card drivers being too old, or not supporting Open-GL specs etc. Maybe there are new video card drivers for this machine? if it even has a discrete GPU. and/or maybe there are new video drives for the CPU/chipset or whatever is handling video output on this older machine?
Unfortunately, AMD only offers a legacy driver dated 2013 for my laptop GPU. And it's actually a discrete unit, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400. Guess I'm out of luck... :(
Andrew Souter wrote:You said you can use it on Win764 on a desktop as I remember, yes?
Yes, it works on my desktop (bought the same year as the laptop), which has an nVidia GPU (also discrete), the GeForce 8800 GS.

XComposer
KVRist

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 am

Andrew Souter wrote:
If you are looking for even more, get Kaleidoscope. This is a whole other universe to explore. Kaleidoscope is rather cult-like though: you are either a true believer or you are not. :D It's not as universal as Breeze for example. I doubt we will sell Kaleidoscope to a country music artist or etc. whereas for Breeze 2, i could legitimately say that 100% of the 100K or more attendees who go to NAMM this week could benefit from Breeze 2. That's not true for Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope is a sound-design, scoring, composing, creative electronic music tool. If you do this kind of work, it's absolutely invaluable. If not, it may seem esoteric.
Andrew, finally I did it. Now I have Kaleidoscope, too! :wink:
www.GKweb.it

SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
5579 posts since 5 Jul, 2001 from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 am

XComposer wrote: Andrew, finally I did it. Now I have Kaleidoscope, too! :wink:
Condolences on the purchase. It should come with a warning that tells you your wife will come into your studio at 2am and ask you if you coming to bed.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.

XComposer
KVRist

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:54 am

SJ_Digriz wrote:
XComposer wrote: Andrew, finally I did it. Now I have Kaleidoscope, too! :wink:
Condolences on the purchase. It should come with a warning that tells you your wife will come into your studio at 2am and ask you if you coming to bed.
Already happening! :) :roll: :help:
www.GKweb.it

Return to “Effects”