A couple of (simple) feature requests for MXXX

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First thing is the simplest ever:

I'd like a building block called "mute" that just kills all sound through that leg of the matirx. That's it!

Because with some complicated routings, sometimes you just want to kill the sound at one place in the chain, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that.

Another alternative would be something like alt + click on any building block. When you do that it would turn that block into a mute, blocking all sound through that block. Actually, it would also be great to add a solo action as well, so when you (for example) alt + shift + click, it would mute sound through all other legs of the matrix. (i'm aware of the solo feature in the plugin settings, but that's not ideal as it also bypasses all other blocks that feed sound into the solo'd block)

If i'm missing some functionality that already does these things, please let me know!

The other thing i'd like to see would be: when you right-click a block to bring up it's plugin settings, i'd like an option to open up a notepad there. Again, with complicated routings, it'd be nice to be able to make a note for each block to remind yourself later about the details or for someone else to study your preset.

That's it! Thoughts?

Mute can be done with the utility module, set volume to silence

Why does the note pad have to be per fx? Couldn't you just use the normal note pad? Place it in the top right square of the modular (that square will never get used) and make notes about the routings and such.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Yup, you can use utility, but the downside is that in a patch that you never saw before or didn't look at for a while, it won't be immediately apparent what it's for.

Yes, you could make one big note, but in some ways it's nicer to have the notes closer to the place that the thing they're describing is doing something!

How about individual notes that also get compiled automatically into one big list?!

Hmmm, well, I think both FRs are a bit rare, but I suppose they could be useful. So, probably ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”