Daft Punk Tron Soundtrack - Zebra was up on studio monitor

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just watched a TV show about Daft Punk. During an interview with Joseph Trapanese, who was did the orchestration part of the Tron Soundtrack, I noticed Zebra 2 up on the studio monitor. Does Urs or anyone else know if Daft Punk used Zebra on that Soundtrack? The Tron Legacy is one of my favorites. :)

quantum7 wrote:I just watched a TV show about Daft Punk. During an interview with Joseph Trapanese, who was did the orchestration part of the Tron Soundtrack, I noticed Zebra 2 up on the studio monitor. Does Urs or anyone else know if Daft Punk used Zebra on that Soundtrack? The Tron Legacy is one of my favorites. :)
pretty sure they used a lot of different gear. they purchased a Modcan modular just prior to doing the score and it's apparently all over the score. on modcan's website it's even tagged "daft punk tron system" when you click the pic in the header
http://www.modcan.com/

quantum7 wrote:I just watched a TV show about Daft Punk. During an interview with Joseph Trapanese, who was did the orchestration part of the Tron Soundtrack, I noticed Zebra 2 up on the studio monitor. Does Urs or anyone else know if Daft Punk used Zebra on that Soundtrack? The Tron Legacy is one of my favorites. :)
We mention it on Zebra's product page ;-)

We don't speak much about our customers unless they do so themselves, but email correspondence indicates that Zebra was used a lot.

Hmm, so they travelled back and forth between Europe and LA with a large modular system in their backpacks?

Urs wrote:Hmm, so they travelled back and forth between Europe and LA with a large modular system in their backpacks?
Don't be stupid Urs...

They put it in their pocket :wink:

Ahhh...the joys of hardware...
No auto tune...

maybe they got two of those modulars? :hihi: :oops:

Urs wrote:Hmm, so they travelled back and forth between Europe and LA with a large modular system in their backpacks?
maybe they just took a picture of it for inspiration.

i'm guessing they worked at home and brought files with them... not in a filing cabinet but on a hard drive. or maybe it the modular stayed in LA then they shipped it home after completing the job. modcan is in toronto so certainly possible.

:wheee: :hihi:

or perhaps they bought that big modcan system after getting paid and that's why it's called the "Daft Punk Tron System". but having spoken to Bruce Duncan of Modcan it sounded like the timing was sbig modular.. then tron score.

i just assume everyone uses zebra on everything though... especially in films.

No, they loaded it on this thing called an aeroplane. Quite nifty apparently.

So it was Joseph who used it, not DP. ?

Do you know the name of the show?

Don't know about Zebra, but they used a preset from Microtonic.

First they load the modular system on a truck. Then the truck takes it to the airplane. Here's a picture:

https://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/sit ... k=zMegnReA

Here is a photo of the airplane that delivers Zebra to your computer:

https://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/image ... 7714as.jpg
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “u-he”