How does one refer to another forum user?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
carlca
KVRer
29 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello, I had the situation a little earlier where I needed to refer to another forum user whose name I know. After using other forum software, I thought that I would need to do some thing like prepending an @ symbol to the name eg. @satasha . That didn't seem to work before (it'll probably work here!!). So assuming this doesn't work, how do I achieve this task?
--
Carl

BertKoor
KVRAF
10794 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Re: How does one refer to another forum user?

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:26 am

Sorry, forums do not work like Twitter / LinkedIn / WhatsApp etc.
If you want to make sure to grab someone's attention, you send a PM directly to that user.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

carlca
KVRer

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:30 am

BertKoor wrote:Sorry, forums do not work like Twitter / LinkedIn / WhatsApp etc.
If you want to make sure to grab someone's attention, you send a PM directly to that user.

Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?
--
Carl

mcbpete
KVRian
1272 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 am

carlca wrote:Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?

You click on the PM box that's located here under the person you want to PM ---------------------------------------------------^

carlca
KVRer

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 am

mcbpete wrote:
carlca wrote:Thanks, Bert. Predictably, my next question and I did search for it, late at night admittedly, is, how do you send a PM?

You click on the PM box that's located here under the person you want to PM ---------------------------------------------------^
Forgive me it was late last night. I didn't notice that at all!
--
Carl

Return to “Site Stuff”