Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:
Not sure how many licenses are available, or if it will work for anyone else, but I just offered $50 for Sugar Bytes Aparillo on Reverb.com (offered for sale by Reverb Digital) and the offer was accepted. New license for Aparillo is now in my Sugar Bytes account for 50% off retail price :).

Looks like Aparillo is back up on Reverb, along with the "Make an Offer" button :).
I placed a $50 offer for Aparillo last night, and Reverb.com counter offered $89.99. So no luck there.

I think I'll just wait for the next Sugar Bytes sale.

Tappistry wrote:Are the expansion packs worth the extra $$ ?
Yes, they are. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Ok, one more dumb question about Tantra. It does look rather fun, but as I'm trying to somewhat simplify my plugin collection this year:

For someone who already owns Axon and Replicant, how much overlap/same thing is Tantra going to bring to the table?

Free with CM in April: IK Black 76.
...hasn't that been free for a while a few month back anyway ??? :neutral:

Tappistry wrote:Ok, one more dumb question about Tantra. It does look rather fun, but as I'm trying to somewhat simplify my plugin collection this year:

For someone who already owns Axon and Replicant, how much overlap/same thing is Tantra going to bring to the table?
Tantra is much more like Camelspace than Axon or Replicant.

I loved Camelspace and Tantra just feels like the more attractive and younger sister with the bigger pair of .. eh .. knobs to play with.

Thank you so much VSTBuzz for this sweet, sweet deal!!!! :tu:

Does anyone think there'll be another "Flash Sale" this month from Plugin Alliance? I'm stoked for them releasing new Brainworx plugins but I still have a $50 voucher waiting to go but basically nothing is on sale.

Tantra has a couple of quirks. In particular it tends to be a bit heavy on the CPU. But it remains to be one of my favorite plugins. I sometime just run white noise through it to create some rhythmic movement. The expansion packs are outstanding, btw. There are a couple of third party preset packs out there but they tend to be somewhat lackluster, especially when compared to the factory expansions.

mgw38 wrote:There are a couple of third party preset packs out there but they tend to be somewhat lackluster, especially when compared to the factory expansions.
I am planning to buy the three factory expansion packs separately as I already have Tantra. The link is on this page https://vstbuzz.com/deals/62-off-tantra-dmitry-sches/
How are these? lacklustre?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:
mgw38 wrote:There are a couple of third party preset packs out there but they tend to be somewhat lackluster, especially when compared to the factory expansions.
I am planning to buy the three factory expansion packs separately as I already have Tantra. The link is on this page https://vstbuzz.com/deals/62-off-tantra-dmitry-sches/
How are these? lacklustre?
No, these are really good. I highly recommend them. The ones that I did not really find useful (but others might disagree with me on that) are these: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tantra ... utureisold

@mgw38 - Thanks. Bought those 3 expansion packs. Haven't tried it yet :-)

I have never installed or activated SoundToys Little Plate plugin. However, it is showing up on my iLok manager dashboard. My question is, If I want to sell it in marketplace, do I have to pay $25 iLok transfer fee?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Spitfire Labs Collection, 10 libraries, if I got this right, just $/£/€ 5. !!!

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/ ... -344147041

This says "closing down", and "charity" (?) :?:
"Featuring a hand-picked selection of top-sellers, personal favourites and must-haves, we collate 10 of our renowned Labs libraries into this highly affordable opportunity (the proceeds of which will go towards our 3 charity partners). For a limited time only, before we relaunch our most versatile range."

Does Tantra do anything other than make noise? I ask this because it seems for this type of product most demos are just pulsing noise to me. But sometimes I find out they actually make good musical sounds as well. I'd hate to pass up on a good bargain if it actually makes musical sounds. But I don't need more noise. It is not something I use.

dzilizzi wrote:Does Tantra do anything other than make noise? I ask this because it seems for this type of product most demos are just pulsing noise to me. But sometimes I find out they actually make good musical sounds as well. I'd hate to pass up on a good bargain if it actually makes musical sounds. But I don't need more noise. It is not something I use.
It processes source material - so depends what you throw through it, but in essence you have some decent quality effects modules and a bunch of multi-stage envelopes that you can modulate the parameters with.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:Does Tantra do anything other than make noise? I ask this because it seems for this type of product most demos are just pulsing noise to me. But sometimes I find out they actually make good musical sounds as well. I'd hate to pass up on a good bargain if it actually makes musical sounds. But I don't need more noise. It is not something I use.
It processes source material - so depends what you throw through it, but in essence you have some decent quality effects modules and a bunch of multi-stage envelopes that you can modulate the parameters with.
Thanks. I still read that as "takes any sound and turns it into pulsing noise" Which is great if you do that kind of music. But I will give it a try. There is a demo available.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”