"As Alien As" [Wrong Planet Jazz].

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: you need to try and save face...I won't be surprised to see you answer this some more again.
You owe me yet another irony mirror.

What face do I need to save? I have no need to reframe the things I've said to you.

you are using language to try and make having at a person appear to have the pretext of criticism of music, a music which you would not have any taste for in the first place.

you're attacking me. I'm not so magnanimous I won't push back. You made the choice to have at me and enter into this. You have to keep justfying yourself to me but as though you are disinterested?

There is no point in anything you've done here but to be 'caustic'. that irony is not lost.

jancivil wrote: I have no need to reframe the things I've said to you.
I see, so you don't think that you have a tendency to exaggerate in a nasty way?
jancivil wrote: you're a know-nothing.
So that's not just nasty exaggeration? Do you really wonder why people don't engage you point by point (for very long)? Really?
jancivil wrote:There is no point
...in you continuing to rant and seriously expecting a blow by blow response?

I agree!

ghettosynth wrote:
I see, so you don't think that you have a tendency to exaggerate in a nasty way?
So that's not just nasty exaggeration? Do you really wonder why people don't engage you point by point (for very long)? Really?
I have no need to walk that back. The backstory here is I intensely dislike your idea of things, the stupid argumentation to lend reinforcment to people trying to delude themselves into the idea that not being involved with music is as good as doing so, particularly.
I wrote:you aren't offering criticism.
a buffoon wrote:Certainly I did.
Obviously I meant music criticism. :idiot:

You criticized a person and pretended to make it about the track. It wouldn't do to be honest with 'I didn't like it' and be done with that, NO. You had to inflate your weird, sick problem with me giving EDM posturing dipshits a bad time at Music Theory into this exchange. Do you not get what music criticism even the f**k MEANS? Or is your abject failure of self-awareness this dense, that you have not said a thing about the actual musical content here but during the exchange fail to know that you haven't? You're not brilliant but you're not a literal f**king imbecile, are you?

You can say it's nasty, but pot meet kettle. You do not evidence knowledge adequate for the topic, which isn't your issue w. my personality, it's a piece of music I shared, for entertainment purposes. In the context of the shit you say here, no, I have no need to try and put a frame around such a remark to make it something else, which is what you do from the outset. You represent the Know-Nothing 'Feeling their stupidity was attacked, they protested noisily', reactionary, stupid mentality, to me here. Am I being clear enough?

Why are you engaging with every comeback? "Do you really wonder why people don't /do what I'm doing right now?" Bizarre failure of self-awareness, isn't it. I don't wonder about what you're doing, either, no surprise at all.

I would rather type out my thoughts and get them off my chest. Who cares? Perhaps it's a bit of entertainment to someone on a soap opera kind of level. Yes it is all a bit of pointless rancor and back and forth. In my experience here, though, this is it from you. You can pretend to know things but you're not my peer, not by a million miles, boy.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

jancivil wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
No. I have no need to walk that back...You do not evidence *much* knowledge...the term know-nothing is obviously a bit of hyperbole.
Sounds like we agree, I'm going to call that progress.
No one cares about these thoughts
Moving towards wild agreement now.

PS: I noticed that you backpedaled on your "serious music" claim earlier, referring to it now as, oh I can't remember, something easier to defend than your brasher earlier edit, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to just go with the "serious music" quote. It's way more fun.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

call it a win, bringing me down this closely to your own level!
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

IBTL! lol

ghettosynth wrote: PS: I noticed that you backpedaled on your "serious music" claim earlier, referring to it now as, oh I can't remember, something easier to defend than your brasher earlier edit, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to just go with the "serious music" quote. It's way more fun.
The f**k I did. This is serious music. Quote me. This is challenging music. I think 'substantive' amplified the point I was after if anything actually. I'm more or less practicing writing with such edits.
[EDIT! I think 'substantive' is more nasty! :lol: IE: You aren't substantial here! FTR: The original statement was you have no business commenting on serious music. You have no business here at all.]

This music is also entertaining to me and will be to people with similar interest in music. And these people are able to deal in music as an object, rather than 'dated perspective on aliens' which has nothing to do with anything. Who are you kidding? EDIT: and in the years since, you haven't grown much.

Look, I'll be perfectly clear: I think this is SUPERLATIVE music, fantastic, excellent, I'm in love with every move in this. Brash enough? There are truly excellent people in the music world that think the same about it, which is no surprise at all to me. I couldn't hardly be more confident about my work at this point.

I know this is at an extremely high level of craft. That is not a defensive statement, that is a statement in the positive. This is simply great music. You can try and tear that down all you like, give it all you got.
"It's way more fun!" Desperate tiny mosquito missing with most stings thinking he's ridiculing someone who's made something it doesn't even remotely have the capacity to grok. So ready to distort and twist because I did an edit. Didn't work, now did it though. You're a sad, sad, little petty f**ker, you are.

3 of the edits because I can't fricken type and one for grammatical error. Yes, I'm so self-involved.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

very cool, nice tense areas. has a classical something to it, actually pictured a symphony performing it. hmm, on the other hand it does sound like the soundtrack to older space cartoons.

Very nice and interesting track! I'm not sure if I sould grab a Heineken, or my death ray...or both. :hihi:

thanks wavephonic and mr.me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

the reason tv/film music for weird effect, going back half a century or more, sounds like it does is composers looked to people like Varese for the vocabulary, the specific effects... so it's fun to present music like this in that kind of frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMclF11P ... ND5_jwE3wQ

("If you're gonna be a composer, the first guy you gotta please is yourself. And you have to be ready, willing and able to take the risk that everybody will hate what you do. if you're ready to do that, go to the library... learn that, & write whatever comes into your brain! and just be prepared for people to hate your ass!" - Frank Zappa )

30:56

---
--
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

seismic1 wrote:Music from the other side of the fence 8)
I usually played such things as rough-neck and thug. Opaque melodies that would bug most people.

Return to “Music Cafe”