The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Wavetables in Hive makes a lot of sense. I would stop whining about FM if we could just fake it with WT.

Sound Author wrote:Wavetables in Hive makes a lot of sense. I would stop whining about FM if we could just fake it with WT.
+1

Sound Author wrote: I would stop whining about FM if we could just fake it with WT.
How exactly? I know that there are FM-specific wavetables for Dune2 but they rely on Dune's ability to use WT oscillators as audio rate modulation sources. Can Hive do this as well?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Elektronisch wrote:Image

I think this skin should be one of the default ones :)
satYatunes is a BOSS.

nevis wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:I think this skin should be one of the default ones :)
I second that.
It is my default skin. ;)

As I wrote a few pages earlier in this very thread:
nevis wrote:At the moment, I am using satYatunes' "Serenity" skin for Hive. I know it adds absolutely no new concept or clever tricks when compared to the original skin, but it is so much more pleasing to my eyes.
You should check out his skins for the Blue Cat freeware pack. :D

Thank you guys. I have a released a new darker skin for Hive. Hope you all like it.

satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

a massive scope in the middle. FM would be good too! :)

satYatunes wrote:Thank you guys. I have a released a new darker skin for Hive. Hope you all like it.

:love: :clap:

I like the original skin but this is better IMO. It's cleaner, less busy, good color scheme and more usable than the original.
Regarding the 4 skins posted earlier in this thread, I think the old classic styles like the first and the third don't go well with Hive. The second and fourth are good but their color schemes are less attractive, and why do we need wooden side panels is beyond me, especially for HIVE.
Hive is a modern VA style synth and this Spartan Grey skin fits very well. IMO.
However, having options is good. :hihi:

Love skin 2 - will the skin update available for linux?

That skin looks great! it actually feels very Sylenth!

--
More waveforms and a wavetable-like synthesis would be perfect! I remember saying way back when that very digital styles like Dubstep weren't really able to be done right with Hive. These additions would be just the remedy it needs!

Needs purple. What is so hard about this people? :x :)

I like the original GUI! Some of these I've seen here are quite nice, but I will go for the original.

What I would be interested in is some new synthesis power here, but I still like the streamlined and straightforward feel of Hive in the sense that maybe it was designed as a "dance synth" (**GASP**), and if critics wanna complain, and belittle that...

I might say, "well......what's your point, exactly"? :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

I like how it sounds.

satYatunes wrote:Thank you guys. I have a released a new darker skin for Hive. Hope you all like it.

Alright, the more I look at this, the more I like it. I do wish we could get away from the orange and blue... but this is the best skin so far. Pretty clean.

One thing that would be fun if there are going to be more waveforms are sampled instruments like brasses, winds, bells, and so on. It would be very PCM-like and push that vintage Roland digital rompler vibe that I'm really into :D

:hihi:

Return to “u-he”