Zebra/Dark Zebra: XY MIDI CCs questions

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, I'm getting things happening with Composer Tools on my iPad, and am looking to use it for all the XY controls on Zebra and Zebra HZ. I got started this morning, but have run into a couple of things:

First up, I'm having trouble with Zebra 2.8 and getting it to respond when adding more than one instance. I've gone into the cog on Zebra 2.8 and the three horizontal lines submenu to bring up the MIDI CC assignments, which shows Core: X1 on CC 42, Core: Y1 on CC 16, etc., all the defaults. I've mapped my multi ball CC controllers in Composer Tools to those CC#s, and in the first instance of Zebra it's all working fine. However, when I load a second instance, the XY pads in Zebra aren't responding to the iPad MIDI. I'm getting sound from playing the patches, and I can see the MIDI being received on the red LED next to the Save button, but it's not being reflected in the pads themselves, and the sound isn't changing accordingly. The CC's are the same within the three line submenu, but no luck getting it to work.

And my second question: is it possible to save the CC assignments in Zebra HZ so when I load an instance they don't have to be assigned each time? I'd ideally keep them the same as in Zebra so I can just have my controller ready to go. This might be a silly question, but haven't found any info about it online.

Thanks for your help!

Cancel that help request, a little more goofing around with it after a much needed cup of coffee and I've got it working. When I loaded another instance it went to one of the factory sounds that wasn't mapped to the XY pads.

Return to “u-he”