2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

We have liftoff!

Whatever you did most recently worked for me. :clap: :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:no good deed ...
… goes unpunished.

Hi Andrew- Just tried again. While it looks like it’s now working for others, it’s still not working for me. Should I send you a message through your web site, or just wait a bit? Thx.

Ok, tried one more time and it worked! Thx. Andrew—ditto on snarkiness apology:)

Andrew fixed it manually for me - thanks a ton!

Looking forward to trying out Simons presets now... :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Andrew fixed it manually for me - thanks a ton!
Well technically I just used your account as an example of a new "Breeze 2.0 Pack" order to see why the voucher was not auto-magically working initially... (strangely it seems the store does not allow packs to qualify vouchers, so I have to use the actual products inside the packs as qualification. you learn something new every day!) So thanks for lending me your account. :D

Now everyone can chat about the great new presets created by Simon and (the other) Andrew. They did really awesome work! :tu:
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spartikus wrote:No matter the (small) mess, we are all being well rewarded one way another (ears and wallets), may we all remember that. I must say it has been fun to part of this pre-release process since it began.

This reverb is unlike any that have graced my ears in recent years, seems we have a nice dose of preset mania as a result of this products bar setting qualities :) A well deserved reaction to some marvellous work by all the creators involved and their obvious hard work and well-intended actions, every step of the way.

Thanks kindly! :tu:

I'm glad i came back to check this thread today! Thank you Andrew :tu:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

@Sampleconstruct Your Ambient spaces in this new expansion are astounding :hug:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote:@Sampleconstruct Your Ambient spaces in this new expansion are astounding :hug:
Thank you. :phones:

I still can't see the new banks in my account... :scared:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Andrew Souter wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry for the short delay... just has to set it up and verify in the web store...

If you *Qualify and it is not already in your account in /My Downloads/ add this to your shopping cart and goto checkout:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-ex ... -pack.html

If should adjust itself to $0.0 automatically if you *Qualify

*Qualifications:
1) You purchased Breeze 2 Pack in the last ~60 days
2) You purchased Perfect Storm in the last ~60 days
3) You purchased Everything Promo in the last ~60 days
4) You previously purchased either of the above #2 or #3, and you purchased Breeze 2 in the last ~60 days

...by ~60, I mean at the start of our Pre-Release back in mid-late Dec.
This will give you ALL of the Breeze expansions. The two new ones were actually not planned from the start. They were developed by Simon and (the other) Andrew after we were already well into the Pre-Release, but we are going to give them to you anyway to thank everyone for their help in making Breeze 2 solid on all platforms etc. Your feedback and comments always help us make our products the best they can be! :tu:

So thanks for helping us have a successful Pre-Release Phase!

Danke. Merci. Gracias. Dommo. Spassibo. Multumesc. etc. :tu:
Tp3, did you read and try this? Hope it helps.

Edit: Thank you Andrew and Simon for the exceptional presets.

With different browser I managed to add the expansions to the cart @ 0.00$.

Downloaded. now I go and play a little...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:With different browser I managed to add the expansions to the cart @ 0.00$.

Downloaded. now I go and play a little...
prob has nothing to do with the browser... maybe you just had the cart still active from earlier in the day or something and had to clear it and try again. everything should be good to go on this topic as of several hours ago now.

happy to hear that you are off to play now though. that's the fun part! :tu:

Beatworld wrote:Just got 2, haven't had time to try it much but so far it seems awesome.
Andrew, what is the story when using Old Factory 1 Presets in Breeze 2?
I assume you get the benefits of the new technology/sound but with the same settings from Factory 1?
Is that it, or does using Old Factory 1 Presets result in a sound analogous to what you got/get in Breeze 1 ?
Beatworld wrote: I have Simplicity now with Breeze 1.
Is other any point in using that with Breeze 2?
Or just wait for Den's update ?
Regarding loading v1 presets in v2, and this applies both to Factory v1 presets, and to Den's "Simplicity Expansion" as both were designed for/with v1:

The sound is not exactly 100% identical. They will not exactly null-test-cancel in any circumstance.

For conservative, normal-use, daily-needs type of presets such as 2-4 second verbs with "normal" filter settings and medium to high diffusion, they should come quite close aesthetically, so much so that old mixes could probably transition to v2 without anyone noticing in 98% of the time.

For extreme settings such as extreme modulation, extreme sizes large or small, minimum diffusion, etc, the results will diverge more when loading v1 presets in v2. Basically the creative-FX, semi-wrong (in the traditional "normal" verb sense) settings will diverge more than "bread and butter" stuff.

v1 Factory presets are all confined to the "classic" Alg Modes.

In Algo verb all designers take various liberties with what certain words, such as Hall, Chamber, Plate, Room, etc.. mean. A Lex Plate doesn't have a huge amount in common with a real physical plate such as a real EMT plate for example. And if we did a blind test among VERY knowledgable pros, I would even bet many would struggle to identify the differences between these distinctions of "hall, plate, chamber, room" etc.

Even UAD has the the following to say in the start of it's description of it's EMT plate emulation found here: https://www.uaudio.com/blog/emt-reverb-history
There has always been a bit of controversy over reverb—particularly artificial reverb.
Personally we have tried to resist such distinctions in the past, and in B2 for example I prefer to just think in abstract terms and define parameters in this abstract math/science sort of way. In Breeze 2, we conceded that these "code words" can have some useful meaning however to condense a lot of abstract behind-the-scenes dsp-nerd stuff into a single word that has pretty instant meaning to non-technical users. So we gave in to the common word definitions and introduced the "Alg Modes" in Breeze 2.0.

In v1, we have some presets, made by us or by 3rd parties, with labels such as Hall, Chamber, Plate, etc. A v1 "plate" preset however is not as closely aligned with the behavior of a real plate, as the v2 "hyper-plate" modes are, and as I mentioned previously, even now I do not claim v2 to be 100% accurate to what happens exactly in a real physical plate. I don''t think it is important. That's why I called it "Hyper-plate", instead of "Plate".

"Bright and Dense" used to be accepted as what defined what a "digital plate" was. The dense part is only part of the equation and the "bright" part is not even necessarily accurate if comparing to a real physical plate, yet it is widely found among various software and hardware "digital plates". "Dispersion" is actually an important aspect of real physical plates, but ironically it seems the original real-physical plate designers were trying to avoid and minimize dispersion as much as possible. Why? B/c basically plates were effectively the "technology" of those days to attempt to emulate real physical 3D spaces like concert halls. Original plate designers didn't say "hey let's make a plate reverb with a cool laser zap dispersion sound". They say "hey, let's try to emulate the sound of a 3D physical space in some kind of semi-economical manner using the technology we have to work with today". That engineering compromise happened to be a physical plate. And all of it's "inaccuracies" and "wrongness" are basically what distinguishes it today.

Effectively algo verb design deals more in "verisimilitude" than absolute truth, if one wants to be academic. There are "degrees of truth". In some ways each year we all get closer and closer to absolute truth, but in some ways, I have to wonder why do we even care? Often creative uses of technology are much more interesting and inspiring than attempts at exact copies of common physical spaces.

Sometimes it's more fun to be a sound-designer with a zen approach like Simon for example. That was my personal background also. I was a musician, composer, sound-designer etc before I ever started to co-create DSP code. Simon can correct me if I am wrong, but I am willing to bet he does not really care much if a particular preset/setting/alg/whatever is called plate, or chamber, or hall or whatever. The presets he created are not organized this way. Den's are not either, and neither are (the other) Andrew's. Artists basically don't care about such things. They are more like shamans who intuitively navigate the space (no pun intended) that engineers offer them and they envision their own idea of creative "truth". And I must say that the best ones have an intuitive creative vision that aligns much more closely with the general public than say for example the guy who did all the math. Basically art does not have right answers.

So if Simon or Den, or (the other) Andrew creates a preset they call "hall" that uses "chamber" alg mode, hey great. No prob. We're not going to be a control freak about it. All these distinctions are semi artificial to begin with, even if there are more significant differences between modes now.

I guess I got off on a bit of tangent here, but maybe it offers some interesting insights... :?:

More to your original question: the v1 factory and original Den expansion will translate reasonably well as is, but for the Den expansion, I would really like to let him take the time to thoroughly explore v2 and give us his take on everything it offers and then we will have the full scope of his new artistic interpretation of our new playground, whatever that may be. :tu:

Meanwhile Simon's and Andrew 1 & 2's packs + the new factory presets contains a ton of really cool stuff to explore...

Return to “Effects”