Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:It will be revealed that INTRANCER already refined every single DAW to perfection back in 2014 by utilising the deep features of MS Paint but a huge conspiracy has meant his hard work has covered up and ignored.

It is believed the conspiracy involves all the DAW manufacturers and hundreds of coders in a bid to deprive us of the the most perfect DAW versions.

The reason is believed to be they would no longer have upgrades to charge for, resulting in loss of revenue and the collapse of the DAW market.

The other cited reason being that the proposals INTRANCER has spent the last decades working on for many minutes each day are turd.

Some believe he was the mastermind behind Babya Logic and DubTurbo.
Justice for Intrancer.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I'm pretty sure nobody predicted what just happened today (Bandlab buying Cakewalk's assets).
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:I'm pretty sure nobody predicted what just happened today (Bandlab buying Cakewalk's assets).
Under a different KVR forum post, I had kicked around the idea of a music oriented parent company purchasing Cakewalk's assets; perhaps I was on to something in that post in which I was thinking about InMusic Brands as that music oriented parent company:
tonedef71 wrote:Hmm... I wonder how much borrowed time Cakewalk software would have if it got bought up by inMusic Brands. I don't believe inMusic currently has a DAW in its portfolio of products; however, their products tend to be more oriented toward EDM, and I'm not sure how well Sonar is received by the EDM crowd. :shrug:
Bandlab as a possible parent company had never entered my thoughts because frankly I don't believe I had ever heard of them prior to the announcement today. If Bandlab is a company "on the up-and-up", then Cakewalk's products may have an even better future than just being granted more borrowed time. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I did mean that nobody predicted Bandlab in particular. InMusic is a pretty good guess though.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Bandlab Sonar Palladium perhaps?

LeVzi wrote:Im sick of the tiny pointless incremental upgrades from Steinberg, and charging the earth each time to do it.

Cubase doesn't need so many point upgrades, they were pointless in V5 , when Cubase 10 hits, I wish they'd take a back step and make a bigger more complete product, and iron out errors they have now.

Sick of Steinberg full stop tbh.
Pricing policy aside, what's wrong with Cubase?
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:
LeVzi wrote:Im sick of the tiny pointless incremental upgrades from Steinberg, and charging the earth each time to do it.

Cubase doesn't need so many point upgrades, they were pointless in V5 , when Cubase 10 hits, I wish they'd take a back step and make a bigger more complete product, and iron out errors they have now.

Nothing, he hasn't actually updated in years and is blaming the .5 updates for not being able to update his nearly 7 year old version for 100 bucks... Ignoring the fact that:

-Keeping Cubase updated has been much cheaper since they introduced the .5 updates. The price of one .0 and one .5 update together is cheaper than what the price of a single update used to be, and each individual update adds more now.

-The price for him to upgrade from his old version actually excludes the .5 versions, so he would pay less to upgrade now than someone who bought every upgrade.

Years ago, Cubase updates used to be 200 bucks for a single version, which were also released yearly. He's 6 versions behind. Today, for 100 more bucks, he could upgrade from his years old version to the latest.

Major update to Zebra2 is coming, is it not?

Prediction:
Bandlab Will buy u-he, and merge its products into Cakewalk.

dune_rave wrote:Prediction:
Bandlab Will buy u-he, and merge its products into Cakewalk.
Ugh. I think that is the most unlikely scenario i could think of. ;)

Guenon wrote:Kakewalk SCHONAR :o
:lol: :lol:

I predict Sonar Platinum will be re-released for free.

Wait..
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote:I predict Sonar Platinum will be re-released for free.

Wait..
With a vastly improved GUI and finally compatible with MS DOS 3.11

Romantique Tp wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:

Nothing, he hasn't actually updated in years and is blaming the .5 updates for not being able to update his nearly 7 year old version for 100 bucks... Ignoring the fact that:

-Keeping Cubase updated has been much cheaper since they introduced the .5 updates. The price of one .0 and one .5 update together is cheaper than what the price of a single update used to be, and each individual update adds more now.

-The price for him to upgrade from his old version actually excludes the .5 versions, so he would pay less to upgrade now than someone who bought every upgrade.

Years ago, Cubase updates used to be 200 bucks for a single version, which were also released yearly. He's 6 versions behind. Today, for 100 more bucks, he could upgrade from his years old version to the latest.
I never blamed the .5 updates at all, I blame the fact that they are now charging more to upgrade from older versions to the new one. Punishing those who cannot or do not upgrade everytime they release a pointless .5 update and in fact pointless full version upgrade.

Cubase 10 probably will land and it will be over £300 to upgrade, pushing older users further and further away from the product. Some will agree with steinberg that it "works" this way, but having trialled Cubase 9 Pro I can say its not worth near £300 , why am I paying for a few mixer tweaks and a GUI update that I hate ? I am looking for more stability and support, and for that I am FORCED to upgrade, as they won't even reply to support requests anymore. Cubase 6.5 crashes on its own after a period of time, they can't and won't explain or help.

And to top it off when I asked if they ever do sales on upgrades, I was told by Steinberg wait for summer, what a f**king stupid time to do a sale, right when everyone has a holiday.

Steinberg, run by idiots, blindly supported by bigger idiots.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Proteinshake wrote:
zenophilix wrote:I predict Sonar Platinum will be re-released for free.

Wait..
With a vastly improved GUI and finally compatible with MS DOS 3.11
You can be forgiven in thinking that Sonar Platinum is old fashioned and dated, I thought the same until I downloaded it and gave it a good try. I can honestly say, that once the interface is decluttered by closing all the various windows, and a default startup template made, it turns into a very nice looking daw.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”