2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Actually I’ve found that my download page looks kind of funky in IE, but looks fine in Firefox.

Andrew Souter wrote:
Sometimes it's more fun to be a sound-designer with a zen approach like Simon for example. That was my personal background also. I was a musician, composer, sound-designer etc before I ever started to co-create DSP code. Simon can correct me if I am wrong, but I am willing to bet he does not really care much if a particular preset/setting/alg/whatever is called plate, or chamber, or hall or whatever. The presets he created are not organized this way. Den's are not either, and neither are (the other) Andrew's. Artists basically don't care about such things. They are more like shamans who intuitively navigate the space (no pun intended) that engineers offer them and they envision their own idea of creative "truth". And I must say that the best ones have an intuitive creative vision that aligns much more closely with the general public than say for example the guy who did all the math. Basically art does not have right answers.
Well I did make two folders (Chamber/Vocal Plates) which only contain either the Chamber-mode or the Hyper-Plate mode, but for the rest I didn't care and after understanding how each algo works/sound I then used the algo which fitted best when I had a particular sound in mind. Originally I wanted to organize the folders like “Instrumental Music“ / “Chamber Music“ (pun intended) and so forth, but then that pun seemed boring to me after a while and I changed the names...

I'm a Perfect Storm owner and have just purchased Breeze2.

Andrew, what is the best way for me to get Simon's Glacier Preset Expansion pack for Breeze2 ??
To the point, do I already have any entitlement to Simon's pack ?
If so, what do I do to get it ?
If not, cool, but don't want to buy it to subsequently realise I didn't need to.

cheers

BTW, Breeze2 is so good.
Just replacing a couple of verbs in a mix I thought was good to go.
The chambers and hyperplates are fantastic.

:clap:
Last edited by Beatworld on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Souter wrote:Sometimes it's more fun to be a sound-designer with a zen approach like Simon for example. That was my personal background also. I was a musician, composer, sound-designer etc before I ever started to co-create DSP code. Simon can correct me if I am wrong, but I am willing to bet he does not really care much if a particular preset/setting/alg/whatever is called plate, or chamber, or hall or whatever. The presets he created are not organized this way. Den's are not either, and neither are (the other) Andrew's. Artists basically don't care about such things. They are more like shamans who intuitively navigate the space (no pun intended) that engineers offer them and they envision their own idea of creative "truth". And I must say that the best ones have an intuitive creative vision that aligns much more closely with the general public than say for example the guy who did all the math. Basically art does not have right answers.
Great "tangent" - 100% agree. :tu:
Art is about asking interesting questions, not giving answers.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Beatworld wrote:I'm a Perfect Storm owner and have just purchased Breeze2.
Andrew, what is the best way for me to get Simon's Glacier Preset Expansion pack for Breeze2 ??
You should be able to simply add this to your cart and goto checkout:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-ex ... -pack.html

at checkout it should become $0 if you are a Perfect Storm customer.

Note (for others) the Pre-Release pricing has ended and all prices have gone up $25. Pre-release customers got an extra special deal bc they donated some of their time to help with extra testing etc. We don't/won't always do "Pre-releases" but when we have tons of new things to verify (like a completely new GUI system) this helps us a lot, and it's a win-win for everyone who participates. This testing phase is now over though, and now we will do our normal 1-month "introductory offer" where there is still some saving compared to full price.

April 1, all prices will go up another $25 to full normal price.
Beatworld wrote:I
BTW, Breeze2 is so good.
Just replacing a couple of verbs in a mix I thought was good to go.
The chambers and hyperplates are fantastic.

:clap:
Thanks! :tu:

P.S. : by "over now" I don't mean if someone finds some minor issue we won't explore it more. of course we will. and as mentioned, i think we will even do one more free update shortly with even faster performance which is kinda crazy. Software is never "done" and never "perfect", but the 2.0.3 is the official release version now and should be just about perfect for almost everyone.

Andrew Souter wrote:

this worked like a charm. very generous of you, andrew. thank you very much and all the best with breeze 2, it's fabulous :tu: :hug:

Gosh wrote: this worked like a charm. very generous of you, andrew. thank you very much and all the best with breeze 2, it's fabulous :tu: :hug:
Great thanks. :tu:

Generous? Maybe a little, but it's really just good biz. You gotta take care of your long time customers. We love new customers too, but we can't forget our old friends. They helped us get to where we are and where we want to go! :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:April 1, all prices will go up another $25 to full normal price.
Hehehe... you should change the destination date if you want this statement to be taken seriously ! :lol:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

nah, it's a subliminal message. loose translation: [MrT_Voice] "I pity the poor (April) fool who misses this deal." [/MrT_Voice] :D
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Souter wrote:

Excellent, all worked to plan.
Very generous Andrew, appreciated :tu:

Let the fun begin :party:

RE Breeze 2 GUI issues. I came across this in another thread, maybe you could cross-reference with this plugin company and both work out what is causing these glitches?
anyway, just in case it's helpful...
XComposer wrote:The GUI of Gullfoss is excellent, best compliments to the developers! However, I think I discovered a bug in it. It happens only with a particular plug-in, the reverb "Breeze 2" by 2CAudio (you need version 2 of Breeze to check the bug, not version 1).
Description:
A) Open Gullfoss
B)Leave Gullfoss GUI open and open also "Breeze 2"
C) Close "Breeze 2"
D) Gullfoss GUI disappears completely and becomes completely black, suddenly. The only way to recover it is to eliminate Gullfoss completely from the plug-in chain ("no plug in" in the slot), then to select it again and open another new Gullfoss instance instead of the former one.

I don't know why it happens, but maybe they can check with the other developer. I'm using an iMac, end of 2015, Intel Core i5, Retina 5K 27" display with OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan, Logic Pro X 10.3.2.

Yes, I, too, had already written 2CAudio support to let them know about this.

Thanks. We will check.

Hi, the last pdf seems to be corrupted...

Return to “Effects”