[FIXED] Using the retrigger option on the Glider SLFO

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Hi everyone.

I'm having trouble using the Glide LFO in SynthMaster 2.9.6.

What I'm trying to do is have a pulse wave at 50% on OSC1 and attach SLFO1 to it's phase as a 2 step Glide. I also checked the retrigger option and set the loop to start at 2 (since it's only two steps then essentially it should stay at step 2 once triggered).

The idea is that when I play a note it will start at 50% then the LFO will quickly modulate it to around 12% and stay there, thus creating a pluck like sound.

Problem is, even though the retrigger option is checked for every new note I play if the previous note is still in release or even sustain the next note won't retrigger the LFO and will use the pulse wave already at 12%.

I tried setting the layer to monophonic to no avail. Setting the decay and release to the minimum minimizes the issue but it really doesn't solve it, I just got around it by setting the release to be very short.

What seems to work for some bizarre reason is setting the loop on the LFO to start at step 1. If I do that it will actually always start at step 1 on every new note even if the previous was on the release or sustain state, but it's not what I want because the note will then do a tremolo effect which isn't what I want.

Can someone help me with this? I already tried contacting KV331 support but they never answered.

Attached are screenshot of the interface and the preset file.
2018-03-07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dancovich on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KV331 actually replied to me with this:
Modulating phase with the voice LFO should do the trick. Voice LFO retriggers at every note.
I tried and it worked. Voice LFOs don't have the retrigger option so I didn't imagine they would retrigger by default. Guess I've a lot to learn about this synth yet.

Edit: This was posted erroneously here. Please remove this post.

Return to “KV331 Audio”