Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

raintalk wrote:
sqigls wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
sqigls wrote:Hey what's the go with these magnet-like centre indent things on the frequency knobs!?
If they can't be disabled i can't use this thing. The energy required to get the pot out of the indent then has the pot flying madly to the the next indent
This is normal. It isn't a continuous control, it has stepped positions like the real API 550 it is emulating.
i understand this, but do me a favour - try using it on a macbook, ie. two figer scroll on the track pad. It's how i use all of my plugins, NEED to use, as my carpel tunnel is a nightmare. and I'm not sure if you're familiar with the hardcore deep clicks on a macbook, but it's very painful.
Generally, nearly every plugin is a breeze with this method, but this stepped thing should be an option, the locking thing i mean, it's totally unessential to have it. The values aren't stepped, it's just a lock at each frequency position... try it, please. Empathise me.
Alt-click it
that only works for a deep click. not the 2-finger scroll. the deep click on a macbook requires like 5kg or so of pressure, it's very taxing to say the least.

sqigls wrote:that only works for a deep click. not the 2-finger scroll. the deep click on a macbook requires like 5kg or so of pressure, it's very taxing to say the least.
If the click is problematic for you you can also enable three finger dragging in the accessibility options. That way, you can just use three fingers instead of clicking and dragging.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Sorry, system decided to do a double post for some reason.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
sqigls wrote:that only works for a deep click. not the 2-finger scroll. the deep click on a macbook requires like 5kg or so of pressure, it's very taxing to say the least.
If the click is problematic for you you can also enable three finger dragging in the accessibility options. That way, you can just use three fingers instead of clicking and dragging.
that's the 2-finger scroll i'm talking about

sqigls wrote:plugin keeps telling me I'm offline, shitting me up the wall
server slammed
I have same thing in Reaper x64. I installed x32 GEM and activate it in Samplitude x32.
And after that, x64 version was also registered, when I opened it in Reaper.

About the Kilohearts bundle, I'm surprised nobody asked yet the real question: what's your Snake score?

GreyLion wrote:I'm an old rocker and I don't 'get' a lot of modern metal guitar sound. The tones mostly all just sound the same to me these days, and not in a pleasant way. Guess I'll install Dominator and fire it up to see if there's anything usable for me in it.

Also, you kids need to get off my lawn.
Hey maaan, I was born in the 60s.

The very, very late 60s admittedly, but I was there...

You youngster you

alkamen wrote:
server slammed
I have same thing in Reaper x64. I installed x32 GEM and activate it in Samplitude x32.
I had the same problem yesterday- maybe this will help you- i had ableton open when I loaded it originally, and then just rescanned it, and was getting the "offline thing"- so I deleted the vst and component, then rescanned it, so it was gone- closed ableton- then reinstalled it, then opened ableton after... then when i opened the plug it had the proper promt... I'm on osx and ableton, but hopefully that helps

madhadder68 wrote:
alkamen wrote:
server slammed
I had the same problem yesterday- maybe this will help you- i had ableton open when I loaded it originally, and then just rescanned it, and was getting the "offline thing"- so I deleted the vst and component, then rescanned it, so it was gone- closed ableton- then reinstalled it, then opened ableton after... then when i opened the plug it had the proper promt... I'm on osx and ableton, but hopefully that helps
Its just their servers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

U-o wrote:Audiority - Abstract Textures

Get Abstract Textures for just €1/$1 instead of €30/$30.
Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.
Abstract Textures updated to v1.1 fixing some serious bugs. This is a MANDATORY update for all Abstract Textures users. For more information, please check the product page.
https://www.audiority.com/shop/abstract-textures/

Audiority wrote:
U-o wrote:Audiority - Abstract Textures

Get Abstract Textures for just €1/$1 instead of €30/$30.
Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.
Abstract Textures updated to v1.1 fixing some serious bugs. This is a MANDATORY update for all Abstract Textures users. For more information, please check the product page.
https://www.audiority.com/shop/abstract-textures/
Does this come with the raw samples, or are they all encapsulated in the plugin?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Does this come with the raw samples, or are they all encapsulated in the plugin?
There are separate samples installer. It installs a ".db" files, which is actually a .zip archives with .wav samples (44.1/24b) inside, so you can unpack them if you don't like the plugin.
iswr

sqigls wrote:i understand this, but do me a favour - try using it on a macbook, ie. two figer scroll on the track pad. It's how i use all of my plugins, NEED to use, as my carpel tunnel is a nightmare. and I'm not sure if you're familiar with the hardcore deep clicks on a macbook, but it's very painful.
Generally, nearly every plugin is a breeze with this method, but this stepped thing should be an option, the locking thing i mean, it's totally unessential to have it. The values aren't stepped, it's just a lock at each frequency position... try it, please. Empathise me.
Yes, I get it now, you're completely right. Plus, the controls are continuous and don't adhere to the limitation of the physical hardware, anyway, so the only point of this is to make it "easier" to hit the positions that API is known for.

raintalk wrote:Alt-click it
It doesn't work. Also, command-clicking sends the knobs all on different positions, not 12 o'clock like on most plugins. I get what Overloud was trying to achieve and they did do it for the most part, they just need to work out this detail.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”