Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel sorry for anyone who bought Softube Spring when it came out, its reduced already :lol:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The "mandatory" update for Abstract Textures broke their licensing system on my Mac. It now refuses to load the license file. I am starting to get a bit tired of being a perpetual beta tester. I know it is only 1$ but at the moment I feel I should have invested that buck elsewhere....
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

It came out around 300 years ago, give or take a millennia. I’m American so I don’t understand sarcasm. ;)

Uncle E wrote:
raintalk wrote:Alt-click it
It doesn't work. Also, command-clicking sends the knobs all on different positions, not 12 o'clock like on most plugins. I get what Overloud was trying to achieve and they did do it for the most part, they just need to work out this detail.
Odd :?:
Alt-click Works for me on a PC
Ctrl-click returns to "Initial Preset"
Which it looks like you can replace

Maybe it depends on drivers?

vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 60% off “Eclipse” by Wide Blue Sound - Normally €122 Now €49!

More information at: https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-eclips ... lue-sound/
That's a good one. :)

mgw38 wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 60% off “Eclipse” by Wide Blue Sound - Normally €122 Now €49!

More information at: https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-eclips ... lue-sound/
That's a good one. :)
Indeed :tu:

mgw38 wrote:The "mandatory" update for Abstract Textures broke their licensing system on my Mac. It now refuses to load the license file. I am starting to get a bit tired of being a perpetual beta tester. I know it is only 1$ but at the moment I feel I should have invested that buck elsewhere....
I refunded your purchase. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Luca

Uncle E wrote:
sqigls wrote:i understand this, but do me a favour - try using it on a macbook, ie. two figer scroll on the track pad. It's how i use all of my plugins, NEED to use, as my carpel tunnel is a nightmare. and I'm not sure if you're familiar with the hardcore deep clicks on a macbook, but it's very painful.
Generally, nearly every plugin is a breeze with this method, but this stepped thing should be an option, the locking thing i mean, it's totally unessential to have it. The values aren't stepped, it's just a lock at each frequency position... try it, please. Empathise me.
Yes, I get it now, you're completely right. Plus, the controls are continuous and don't adhere to the limitation of the physical hardware, anyway, so the only point of this is to make it "easier" to hit the positions that API is known for.
raintalk wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
raintalk wrote:Alt-click it
It doesn't work. Also, command-clicking sends the knobs all on different positions, not 12 o'clock like on most plugins. I get what Overloud was trying to achieve and they did do it for the most part, they just need to work out this detail.
Odd :?:
Alt-click Works for me on a PC
Ctrl-click returns to "Initial Preset"
Which it looks like you can replace

Maybe it depends on drivers?
I'll take this to the product specific thread...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7032644
Last edited by sqigls on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:It came out around 300 years ago, give or take a millennia. I’m American so I don’t understand sarcasm. ;)
I think they only recently released a version that integrated into their Modular. A reverb module seems like it's of pretty limited use, though. Most people would be using it as an effect right before output, in which case they could just add the regular plugin to an effects chain in their DAW anyway.

It might be worth giving a try, to see if it responds well to crazy modulations or feedback, but I'm not sure I'd get enough use out of it to justify even the sale price.

Audiority wrote:
mgw38 wrote:The "mandatory" update for Abstract Textures broke their licensing system on my Mac. It now refuses to load the license file. I am starting to get a bit tired of being a perpetual beta tester. I know it is only 1$ but at the moment I feel I should have invested that buck elsewhere....
I refunded your purchase. Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Luca
Haha, that is actually funny. I never really requested a refund but I admire your dedication to make a point. Touché! :tu:

I seriously doubt that I am the only one with that problem though. I have seen that elsewhere. HY-Plugins had the same issue but fixed it. My guess is this is an APFS problem. But I could be wrong, of course.

Audiority wrote:
U-o wrote:Audiority - Abstract Textures

Get Abstract Textures for just €1/$1 instead of €30/$30.
Discount will be automatically applied on checkout.
Abstract Textures updated to v1.1 fixing some serious bugs. This is a MANDATORY update for all Abstract Textures users. For more information, please check the product page.
https://www.audiority.com/shop/abstract-textures/
404 Not Found for me...

Edit: sorry I didn't see it's been taken down...

cthonophonic wrote:
Uncle E wrote:It came out around 300 years ago, give or take a millennia. I’m American so I don’t understand sarcasm. ;)
I think they only recently released a version that integrated into their Modular. A reverb module seems like it's of pretty limited use, though. Most people would be using it as an effect right before output, in which case they could just add the regular plugin to an effects chain in their DAW anyway.

It might be worth giving a try, to see if it responds well to crazy modulations or feedback, but I'm not sure I'd get enough use out of it to justify even the sale price.
Don’t forget that Modular can be used as an effects unit, which I’ve been meaning to take fuller advantage of. Means you can use all those tasty modules as plugins.

cthonophonic wrote:

My mistake, thought it was new :dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

mgw38 wrote:Audeze just started an Indigogo campaign for their new audiophile headphones with integrated
3D headtracking system:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mobi ... headphones

These things are going very fast. After getting the email I literally just had enough time to select a color and barely made it into the top perk. At the moment they are still fairly cheap. If this is something you are interested in, I would not wait too long.
Are they good for mixing music?
I have good headphones but they are uncomfortable.
Cheers.

Franvu wrote:
mgw38 wrote:Audeze just started an Indigogo campaign for their new audiophile headphones with integrated
3D headtracking system:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mobi ... headphones

These things are going very fast. After getting the email I literally just had enough time to select a color and barely made it into the top perk. At the moment they are still fairly cheap. If this is something you are interested in, I would not wait too long.
Are they good for mixing music?
I have good headphones but they are uncomfortable.
Cheers.
In all honesty, this remains to be seen. But one of the target markets of these headphones is surround sound mixing/mastering, so I expect that they are an excellent choice for regular mixing/mastering as well.

Audeze headphones use planar magnetic drivers which provide an extremely low distortion and a very flat frequency response going down to 10Hz and up to 50k. If you can afford them, their higher end LDC-X are some of the best reference headphones on the market today. The Mobius use the same drivers, so I would think they will share some of the same qualities. Plus, Audeze provides a reference plugin for all of their headphones. You simply put that plugin on your master bus and it will level out the frequency response. Works miracles.

One thing to consider with these. They have an internal DSP and also do quite a bit of internal processing for the head tracking. They will not work unless you have them either plugged into the USB or running on their batteries (10 hours are advertised). So, if you are not planning on taking advantage of the head tracking, they are probably a bit overkill and unnecessarily inconvenient. But if you are doing anything with immersive audio, these are must haves imho.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”