Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Scaler - The Creative Chord Composer

Scaler is a unique and inspirational MIDI effect that makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! With note detection, scale selection and chord suggestions, Scaler is a comprehensive but easy-to-use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
102 posts since 8 Jan, 2017

Postby heavymetalmixer; Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:21 pm Re: good mixing limiter?

jbarish wrote:I believe there's still a free version of Limiter 6 which would be hard to beat at that price.

Yeah, the VladG version is free. the TDR version is the paid one.
1701 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 pm Re: good mixing limiter?

Apratim wrote:Why not first make with a limiter on on the master at 0db celling
Then lower the the level of each track equally say 10db.. some random hedroom will be created in the master say -6db
Later use LP multiband limiting

yes this is a good workflow. but there is no one ideal workflow - we all have our preferences and what jives with our individual brains. anything goes. what it sounds like is what matters.

Sometimes I will use a limter I know has character on a track to give it that limited sound plus some vibe. Some limters are better for this than others. I dont use transparent sounding limiters on tracks for this purpose, but rather limiters like the LVCs. LVC also allows control of the character of the limiter which is pretty cool.
752 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Postby Sparky77; Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 am Re: good mixing limiter?

pabloaldunate wrote:DMG Track Limit

Also DMG Limitless
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley
513 posts since 31 Aug, 2012

Postby lacandon; Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:29 pm Re: good mixing limiter?

Barricade and fab filter Pro l 2 near invisible if not pushed.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects