How do you swing?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The swing buttons (sequence part and composition) don't seem to have any effect, aural or visual. I tried to verify this by aligning four notes to match the metronome, then use both buttons. The notes don't move in the part and they sound exactly at the same time as the metronome as before, even at 100% swing. No change in the list editor either. And % of what, by the way?

I think you select one of the "swing" grids (e.g. 16th Swing) in the piano roll and have notes on that grid. Then the swing knob will change the timing.

No the swing grids are independent from the swing controls for the part and composition.
The swing grid is just a grid like any other grid and you can use it to snap the timing of notes you draw, copy, move.
The swing controls however are applied in realtime and so even notes on a straight 16 grid will start swinging when you turn up the swing control.

mutools wrote:The swing controls however are applied in realtime and so even notes on a straight 16 grid will start swinging when you turn up the swing control.
Well, sorry man, but here they don't.

I don't understand why you ignore what I wrote. I didn't make it up. I spent 45 minutes trying everything I could, searching the doc and the forum archive, and it ain't swinging. I want to buy Mulab. I've spent two weeks trying Cubase, Bitwig, and Reaper, and Mulab is the best because of the way it is designed. However, as the doc is lacking, this forum is about dead, and you, the only hope I had to solve this problem, react as if it didn't exist, well, I don't know...

So you want something for nothing? Er, no, sorry - you demand something for nothing? You think your attitude is likely to make anyone feel like helping you?

You original post has far too little information in for anyone to reproduce what you've done. Try putting a tiny bit of effort in yourself before getting so lippy.

Give a step by step walk through of how to reproduce the situation. From an empty factory New template project to showing the issue.

Geez. Who's the lippy one here?

No, I don't want something for nothing. However, I expect something for my money, and when I have doubts before purchase, I try to find out if they're justified. You wanna buy a car. They let you try it all by yourself. The reverse gear doesn't work. Back at the dealership, nobody's there, but a sign says "in case of problem, ask in the forum". You do, get one answer from someone who's not involved in the deal. The answer doesn't help, and then the salesperson pipes in and says "your answer is wrong. The reverse gear works". Do you buy the car in order to maybe get your answer? I don't.

As I hadn't bought the program yet, I asked in the forum, where indeed people get information for nothing. That's what forums are for. I got only one answer (thanks AndreasD), but it was wrong. Then Mutools ("Joe", I guess) answers as if my original message didn't exist.

For anyone who can read, that extremely clear and non-demanding message explains exactly how to reproduce the problem. It takes about 10 seconds to try. I tried for 45 minutes, grappling in the dark because there is no info whatsoever about how to use this feature. Only then did I dare ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/672y9wlrxaqnv ... oject?dl=0

I've seen this several times since the Internet went public, mostly in the digital painting and AV production software.
- Talented guy develops all by himself a program that's much better than others made by whole companies and costing 5 or 10 times more.
- Said guy has no time to do all the things that go with selling software, such as up-to-date documentation, proper tutorials, and support.
- Said program, because of its brilliance, attracts a growing number of people, and the one-guy operation becomes ever more unfeasible.
- Longtime users and fans become all defensive and touchy when you dare question something.
- New users (customers!) are progressively left to their own devices when problems arise, the user base lingers on until some big paradigm change makes said program obsolete and the whole thing collapses.

Good luck, I'm out of here.

FYI: Swing only affects the notes in between the 1/8th notes. If you test it with quarter notes you won't hear any effect of course.

Return to “MUTOOLS”