Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zadillo wrote:I think my big question is what the upgrade price would be after buying the Output bundle for $299 from NI. Basically, would upgrading from it to the complete bundle be less than $450? If so, it makes sense to buy the NI sale bundle first.
That could actually be the case. If it is, the difference should not be much though. I have Signal, Movement, Substance and one Signal expansion and my "get everything" price is $479 which means that my discount for that upgrade is somewhere around 67%.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

zadillo wrote:I think my big question is what the upgrade price would be after buying the Output bundle for $299 from NI. Basically, would upgrading from it to the complete bundle be less than $450? If so, it makes sense to buy the NI sale bundle first.

I would love to know for sure as well but I am almost positive they worked it where it is still cheaper to buy the bundle directly from Output.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I contacted Output to ask what the upgrade price would be after buying NI bundle. Would see what they say.

On another note, Reverb got back to me and said Propellerheads were at fault. I now have keys that work.

kwilson wrote:I contacted Output to ask what the upgrade price would be after buying NI bundle. Would see what they say.
I got an answer from Output. With Movement I already got for free, if I buy the 299$ bundle at NI, it would cost me 389$ to get the remaining stuff. Total combined would be 30$ above the 659$ it would cost me to buy the complete bundle directly from Output. Not bad if I don't want to spend so much money in one shot.

Wow, IL Multimedia really know how to turn a gift into a punishment.
Free Black 76 they said.

Couldn't just activate and download it on the website, and my Authorisation Manager needed an update apparently, so...
Needed to download a 900 MB installer!!!! Install EVERYTHING as there is no option upon install to only install the one plugin in one format. Then needed to search through my hard drive and delete the hundreds of AU, VST3, AAX and whatever else plugins...
Just for one 'free' vst.

This experience has reminded me why i've been avoiding this company for so long.
They spin this story of "we're all about the end user", but it's total hogwash.
It's all about convenience for THEM.
The website has one tiny little link that can take you to your account, took me a while to find it amongst the overwhelming and daunting flood of advertisements.
If they have have just made it simpler and genuinely user friendly, i might have considered investing further in their company. I do own some of their gear, but i never use it, cos these type of experiences really influence me in not only my purchasing decisions, but in my overall feeling towards the product.

Free as in torture.

It's such a drag getting anywhere with their system.

Went to a China digital marketing conference recently and some heads from Alibaba Group were talking about how important the distance from click to checkout was, being as short and painless as possible. For some reason I couldn't help but think about the labourious process trying to get a plugin from IKM, fumbling around with converting money in "Gear Credits" and flicking between websites and apps and whatnot. Had to smirk.

But they just explain away all the criticisms and say that the majority of users love everything about how their purchase/install system works.

It's a shame that IKM plugins sound pretty good (some very good).

Well, on a similar perspective, that may highlight the difference between China and Italy.
All things Italian, and many things out of Modena like IK, are often intricate, ornate and elaborate, but man, do I love them. I’ll take Italian cars, food, fashion, music, architecture and people above Chinese anytime. Same goes for Alibaba.

Anyone here have any experience with Realidrums by Realitone (currently on sale at VSTBuzz)? If I have BFD 3, the NI drumkits, etc., do these offer anything compelling?
A well-behaved signature.

MogwaiBoy wrote:It's such a drag getting anywhere with their system.

Went to a China digital marketing conference recently and some heads from Alibaba Group were talking about how important the distance from click to checkout was, being as short and painless as possible. For some reason I couldn't help but think about the labourious process trying to get a plugin from IKM, fumbling around with converting money in "Gear Credits" and flicking between websites and apps and whatnot. Had to smirk.

But they just explain away all the criticisms and say that the majority of users love everything about how their purchase/install system works.

I for one have no problems with their purchase system. I just ordered a boxed product and got it in no time at all. Ordering was easy and was able to use jam points to pay a good bit of it. I also like the gear credits idea. IK has been really goo to me in my dealing with them through support when I needed it as well.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

JerGoertz wrote:Anyone here have any experience with Realidrums by Realitone (currently on sale at VSTBuzz)? If I have BFD 3, the NI drumkits, etc., do these offer anything compelling?
Realitone puts out some immensly clever libraries. Inho the Realivox Blue library produces better results than any Vocaloid while having almost the same flexibility. Realitone really excells in creating things that sound „real“ or „human“. I would expect that is true for Realidrums as well.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Anyone here have any experience with Realidrums by Realitone (currently on sale at VSTBuzz)? If I have BFD 3, the NI drumkits, etc., do these offer anything compelling?
Realitone puts out some immensly clever libraries. Inho the Realivox Blue library produces better results than any Vocaloid while having almost the same flexibility. Realitone really excells in creating things that sound „real“ or „human“. I would expect that is true for Realidrums as well.
I concur. Blue and Ladies are some of the best vocal libraries available. Love and cherish them.

Fleer wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
I concur. Blue and Ladies are some of the best vocal libraries available. Love and cherish them.

Which would you say is the better/ more versatile of the two (Blue or Ladies)...?

Blue is just one singer, yet quite wonderful, while Ladies has four. I do believe Blue’s articulations are more versatile, though.

Fleer wrote:I’ll take Italian cars, food, fashion, music, architecture and people above Chinese anytime.
You clearly haven't had proper Xiao Long Bao.

ATS wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:It's such a drag getting anywhere with their system.

I for one have no problems with their purchase system. I just ordered a boxed product and got it in no time at all. Ordering was easy and was able to use jam points to pay a good bit of it. I also like the gear credits idea. IK has been really goo to me in my dealing with them through support when I needed it as well.
Even beyond the points raised about their website and purchasing, I don't like any system where you can "use up your upgrade price" like you can with IK. Say X IK product gets upgraded right about the time you use your jam points on gear, you're out of the loop... I think if I own Amplitube 4, I should always be eligible for the lowest upgrade price to 5 when it comes out, not with introductory offers, jam points etc. just flat out let an existing customer have the dammed upgrade for the typical pricing. Owning a lot of gear by them and only being eligible for "anyone whose purchased an item of $99 or more" is BS to me, and that scenario plays itself out far too often.

Love Amplitube, love some of their FX and mixing plug ins, hate the whole approach to reaching out to customers, including that F$%king pop up video add that plays when you first visit their site.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”