Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

The synth sounds indeed very very nice. Congrats with the release!

Mattt12345 wrote:Good work!

But this GUI is so 2006 and many space is lost. The left menu is okay but i don´t have to see an OSC Page two times.The Knobs and Buttons are to small. The Arp Step/Pitch edit need one click to much for each step.
Demo Noise could be a little longer in Delay and more softer. It´s makes me very angry. I know it´s a Demo, it´s okay if you remember me on that but please don´t punch my face :wink:

Could someone with a Virus C recreate that Preset:
C-000 AutoBendBC (A soundcloud or tube exsample is okay)
Who cares I do not listen with the eyes most important is the sound.

Ppl who spend hours working on the same synth care. Its all about workflow and usability.

If you just load a preset and play its not a prob but a good/eye friendly gui is essential if you are creating sounds hours on end.

Viper seriously needs more voices. Yesterday I was playing with the demo again and ran out of the voices on my 5 note chords. Skipping notes. Please..

AnX wrote:Ppl who spend hours working on the same synth care. Its all about workflow and usability.

If you just load a preset and play its not a prob but a good/eye friendly gui is essential if you are creating sounds hours on end.
The dude talk about the GUI is so 2006 I do not care if it is 2020 or 1970 GUI I think it's clean and understandable maybe a wooden skin for fun.

What i say was that GUI has become more important in Detail. Resolution of Screens and Graphics move also forward. Not only CPU Cores and Ghz.
I do not speak for all. It´s an opinion. And to say something is 2006 should not be insult! It´s a kind of style from this time so some people like it, other none.

To be clear, i was talking in general, not about viper. Havent tried it yet.

These are some guis from the 2006 developer challenge. People think my gui looks like this? Then all my gui work was wasted :(

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2006/
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

I find GUI style mainly irrelevant. What I can like is one synth visually identifying itself apart from others. It is the least important part of a synth for me as long as it is reasonable. If you are hard of sight I can imagine some pose a problem if too small etc. Viper looks nice and clean to me. In fact I like it though have yet to try it (awaiting 64bit). Of much greater importance is workflow, how most common parameters are accessed through the GUI.

As I make my sounds from scratch different approaches induce mistakes and different ways of getting to an end result. Often you make something very cool and unexpected along the way. This has a value for those who make their own sounds. I am not fast or super expert in making sounds but I get where I want without fail through persistence and this is much preferable to using presets for me personally. Sounds created are a big part of what I enjoy in making music.

It looks as good as any recent synth to me.

The only 2 synths I have never got on with well from GUI perspectives are Helix and Synthmaster. They are so tricky (coupled with workflow) it puts me off using them.

I think the GUI is outstanding.

(i don't know: Can you adjust the small overview knobs on the left "overview-panel"..?)
- WonderEcho -

adamtrance wrote:These are some guis from the 2006 developer challenge. People think my gui looks like this? Then all my gui work was wasted :(

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2006/
place #29 2006

(I can edit this post..btw..if this is not wanted in your topic)
- WonderEcho -

I wonder if that lady knows how many insert slots she has been in ?

Can't understand anybody disliking the GUI because I love it. It's super simple and easy to use. I emailed Roland Cloud awhile back suggesting that they take inspiration from Viper because I wanted them to improve their GUis.

question about loading waveforms... every "Virus" waveform I have found to download, does not seem to be correct in Viper?

Can anyone send me a PM or paste here a link with the virus waveforms which work in Viper?

Thanks

Return to “Instruments”