Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

chk071 wrote:Zebra is rather a "standard" VA synth
Is this a different Zebra that's not actually based on user-definable, FMable warpable scanned-wavetable oscillators, and a modular architecture?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What in the Sam hell happened to this thread while I was at the grocery store?

Have you people lost your cotton picking minds? Are you stoned? I’m I living in the upside down right now?

Jesus I walk away for an hour...

I give. I’m done.

AdamWysokinski wrote:I have a full version of Bazille (it's great but CPU heavy and I use it for more experimental/abstract sounds). I guess there is no good substitute for ImpOSCar then..
In my experience there really isn't. I've not heard anything else that sounds like ImpOSCar's filter, it's quite unique. However, if cost is an issue, you may be able to pick up a 2nd-hand copy of version 1 in the marketplace pretty cheaply; while it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of version 2, it still has that lovely filter.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:
AdamWysokinski wrote:I have a full version of Bazille (it's great but CPU heavy and I use it for more experimental/abstract sounds). I guess there is no good substitute for ImpOSCar then..
In my experience there really isn't. I've not heard anything else that sounds like ImpOSCar's filter, it's quite unique.
Indeed. There's nothing else in that territory particularly close to impOSCar's oscillators either. The combination stands out.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It seems that the main developer of Oddity was Laurent de Soras.

http://ldesoras.free.fr/old-news.html

aaaah, Oddity was coded by Ohm Force, right?

GForce used to be GMedia and then I thought they became GForce through collaboration with Ohm Force. Or something like that.

whyterabbyt wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
In my experience there really isn't. I've not heard anything else that sounds like ImpOSCar's filter, it's quite unique.
Indeed. There's nothing else in that territory particularly close to impOSCar's oscillators either. The combination stands out.
Worth noting though that the imposcar filter is actually in Omnisphere. It's the Power filter. Though it seems a little subdued maybe because it doesn't have the drive.

whyterabbyt wrote:
chk071 wrote:Zebra is rather a "standard" VA synth
Is this a different Zebra that's not actually based on user-definable, FMable warpable scanned-wavetable oscillators, and a modular architecture?
What i rather meant is that it's not supposed to be an accurate analog emulation, like the other u-he synths. Meaning that it doesn't burn out your CPU with a couple of voices.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
Worth noting though that the imposcar filter is actually in Omnisphere. It's the Power filter. Though it seems a little subdued maybe because it doesn't have the drive.
The "OSR" filter mode in Ableton Auto Filter and some of the Ableton synths (including the new wavetable synth in Live 10 Suite) seems to be an analog modeled filter based on the OSCar monosynth.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
The "OSR" filter mode in Ableton Auto Filter and some of the Ableton synths (including the new wavetable synth in Live 10 Suite) seems to be an analog modeled filter based on the OSCar monosynth.
I think that's the model from the drop, which has an oscar filter model as well.

Would not surprise me in the least if some guy had a top shelf filter design and licensed it. No where in that scenario would I be surprised. Just as likely that everyone loved the imposcar filter so much they imitated it though.

There's some info about GForce (and some of their synth plugins) in this interview with Dave Spiers: http://soundbytesmag.net/interview-dave ... -software/

This would probably be a good time to state my belief that the culmination of Urs' life work will be the CAT he has brewing in the back ground. Probably be many a year before release... but I'm highly looking forward to it. I believe it will be a game changer when ever it drops in what ever form.

Speaking of game-changers, Diva was already a game-changer. Repro was game-changer nr.2. Just compare the quality of these even to other u-he synths. After working wit them it is hard for me to go back to GForce synths. They are good, but not that good. Good times ahead. :tu: [as always :lol: there's always something better lurking around the corner]
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Instruments”