Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have any thoughts on new AudioPlugins deal?

dandezebra wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on new AudioPlugins deal?
Did you check that SoundBytesMag review, ddz? I love those guys. Always a good read.

General question: Avangate sells plugins for Toneboosters, Togu Audio Line, etc. They are based in the Netherlands, but charge 10% sales tax wherever in the world you live. I emailed them to ask why. They said that they charge tax to everyone in the world, except companies in the EU with a VAT ID. They are the only company I know who do this. Is this a specific EU regulation?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Maybe it's a Dutch thing? I bought something from the Netherlands for another hobby of mine and they insisted on charging VAT and refused to refund it even though it shipped to the US. I won't buy from that company again.

I looked up the general European law on VAT and it specifically says there is no VAT to countries outside Europe (and GB)

dzilizzi wrote:Maybe it's a Dutch thing?
Even then, you're supposed to split the tab.

Michael L wrote:General question: Avangate sells plugins for Toneboosters, Togu Audio Line, etc. They are based in the Netherlands, but charge 10% sales tax wherever in the world you live. I emailed them to ask why. They said that they charge tax to everyone in the world, except companies in the EU with a VAT ID. They are the only company I know who do this. Is this a specific EU regulation?
This is EU regulation as of January 1st, 2015. For online, automated sales of digital goods, the EU has stipulated that VAT/GST must be charged according to the rates of the country where the customer lives, not the supplier/vendor. Initially this was for EU countries only, but more recently this has been extended to countries outside the EU (Australia for example, among others).

^^^ Thank you.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Uncle E wrote:
:lol: That was a good one.

dandezebra wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
kwilson wrote:Albion Tundra at Spitfire Audio half price (£199) for one day.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/apex/
It is only $199 if you are in the US. And don't want a hard drive.
That is an outstanding value for an outstanding library. Too good to pass up.
Except for that I just got my arse kicked by the Sonokinetic Bundle a couple weeks ago...I soooo want Tundra though!
I skipped the Sonokinetic Bundle mainly because I thought getting that would suck out all the annual Christmas fun. :lol:

I have always had an eye on the Spitfire Albions but never got one because they are just so expensive and I already have a few other libraries that have me covered for the things I do with orchestration. At that price I could not resist though. What struck me about the Albion V library is how immediately playable it is. Maybe it is just me, but I did not have a similar "I can experiment with this thing right out of the box and it sounds perfect" kind of experience with any of the other orchestral libraries I have. Sure, it is somewhat restricted to a certain kind of orchestration "right at the very edge of silence" as they call it. But it turns out that that might actually be the type of sound that is most appropriate for the things I want to do with an orchestral library.

If this thing is within your budget and you have a sweet spot for orchestral libraries, you should definitely have a look at this one.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Anyone aware of any ik multimedia promo codes? I used to use iksocial for 20% off orders, but not working now

Uncle E wrote:
LOL! That would have been preferable! :lol:

Fleer wrote:
dandezebra wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on new AudioPlugins deal?
Did you check that SoundBytesMag review, ddz? I love those guys. Always a good read.
Forgot about that Fleer! Thanks for the reminder. I opened the tab on my other computer and forgot all about it!

mgw38 wrote:
dandezebra wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
kwilson wrote:Albion Tundra at Spitfire Audio half price (£199) for one day.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/apex/
It is only $199 if you are in the US. And don't want a hard drive.
That is an outstanding value for an outstanding library. Too good to pass up.
Except for that I just got my arse kicked by the Sonokinetic Bundle a couple weeks ago...I soooo want Tundra though!
I skipped the Sonokinetic Bundle mainly because I thought getting that would suck out all the annual Christmas fun. :lol:

I have always had an eye on the Spitfire Albions but never got one because they are just so expensive and I already have a few other libraries that have me covered for the things I do with orchestration. At that price I could not resist though. What struck me about the Albion V library is how immediately playable it is. Maybe it is just me, but I did not have a similar "I can experiment with this thing right out of the box and it sounds perfect" kind of experience with any of the other orchestral libraries I have. Sure, it is somewhat restricted to a certain kind of orchestration "right at the very edge of silence" as they call it. But it turns out that that might actually be the type of sound that is most appropriate for the things I want to do with an orchestral library.

If this thing is within your budget and you have a sweet spot for orchestral libraries, you should definitely have a look at this one.
I have Albion One and I feel the same way when I load it up. Very quickly playable. I really think that Tundra would be the best Albion for me to compliment what I already have but if I can afford it is the issue!

Same here, love Albion One, need Tundra :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”