Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:What is the catch here?: I believed you get the Play always with the products, here the anniversary offer "free Play 6 anyone who buy a product".

http://www.soundsonline.com/30th-Annive ... h-Anniv-P6
Play 6 only came free with the new Hollywood Choirs. Otherwise you’d get Play 5.
OK, thank you - this fact is well hidden.
What are advantages of the Play 6 vs. 5?
Sorry, Harry, haven’t tried it yet.
I read the Play 6 specs and watched the trailer, didn´t get much out the those.

Did not pay much attention to Play 6, I have to admit. It is also free with the subscription. Looks like they want to convert you to their subscription model. The Akai VIP3 integration is interesting.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Silk has been on my shopping list forever. I don´t know if I will do that investment now, when I even skipped the great Tundra.

Silk is mighty fine but Tundra is divine ;)

jsp1979 wrote:No download links yet for me either, so they must be behind in processing them.
Yeah, bought last night, just a receipt as of now..

machinesworking wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:No download links yet for me either, so they must be behind in processing them.

Just an educated guess, but it could be a manual process to complete the order on their end and since it's the weekend, maybe it will take a bit longer?

SolarAxix wrote:
machinesworking wrote:

Just an educated guess, but it could be a manual process to complete the order on their end and since it's the weekend, maybe it will take a bit longer?
this could be true, but you'd think they'd have compensated for the foreseeable demand. Lots of folks want to download and try over a weekend

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
machinesworking wrote:

this could be true, but you'd think they'd have compensated for the foreseeable demand. Lots of folks want to download and try over a weekend
The initial receipt says 15 minutes to 24 hours, so I'm just antsy, they still have ten hours before they're officially 'late'! :hihi:

Many (like me) are downloading, so maybe Spitfire are regulating traffic by gradually issuing new downloads.

I also think it's possible they ran out of serial numbers since it's a Kontakt player library. That happens on occasion at other online stores.

I think it's like it says in the receipt,
We have advanced systems to protect all our customers against fraudulent transactions so please allow up to 24 hours in case your order and payment are being verified.

This big influx of sales all at once probably makes them overtly cautious of someone hacking in fake transactions etc. so it might all be by hand. Wild guess anyway.

Oh and I ordered at 11PM PST, so only Greenland, Hawaii and Siberia are behind me in queue! :hihi:

Does Synth-Presets ever do more than a 25% off sale on their soundware packs?

machinesworking wrote:Oh and I ordered at 11PM PST, so only Greenland, Hawaii and Siberia are behind me in queue! :hihi:
Thats funny. I'm in the same time zone and the sale should have been over when you ordered. They promoted 11:59GMT or 4:59 PDT. Its funny for me as I read this originally at 4:40 and had 10 min to make a decision. I put it in the cart at 4:59 and authorized PP at 5:05

I went in on a whim and good reports posted here.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
machinesworking wrote:Oh and I ordered at 11PM PST, so only Greenland, Hawaii and Siberia are behind me in queue! :hihi:
Thats funny. I'm in the same time zone and the sale should have been over when you ordered. They promoted 11:59GMT or 4:59 PDT. Its funny for me as I read this originally at 4:40 and had 10 min to make a decision. I put it in the cart at 4:59 and authorized PP at 5:05

I went in on a whim and good reports posted here.
Not surprised, only freaking Ableton are total sticklers about their end times, everyone else usually gives most of us until midnight our time to get in on a sale. I have this horrible habit of waiting until the last moment, but they took my money, so I hurry up and wait.

I went through the walkthrough video and most of the demos before hitting submit. I have Cinestrings + Brass, EW Symphonic Orchesra, and KH Concert Strings II, plus some phrase libraries in Komplete Ultimate etc. I don't need another string library, but this is a different sound, well suited to experimental electronic music and industrial rock music that's heavily influenced by soundtracks which is what I do. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”