TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

No delay on lfo's :o

actually you're right, when trig is selected there's the extra Delay knob. so the LFO space can't be reduced :(
or maybe taking advantage of the 4 Envelopes an LFO IN could be introduced instead of the Delay knob.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Great to have a third envelope , but the sliders really are too narrow..they are the same width as my mouse pointer when scale is set to default .
Really kills the flow
Maybe it would help rearranging the controls, like on the image attached...

It uses the same space as the new, smaller envelope sections, but the bars are much wider. No space for the Shape labels, though...
this remains the most viable solution

AnX wrote:No delay on lfo's :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thats more like it.

Adjust the decay curve! I intended to do it. I'm happy!

Is the "Latch" button for the ARP/SEQ going to come? (there would be space for it)
And for the SEQ: maybe instead of the STEPS knob just to click on a number 1-16 to set the length? The STEPS knob could than be replaced with a REC button that enables step record a sequence by MIDI keyboard.

The ADSR-"sliders" where complained to be too small. Why not place the SHAPE-knobs and the jack below the sliders? Maybe instead of knobs have a button to select from 5 curve types (graphically - would make more clear whats happening)?
ImageImage

It's weird to me that updates are getting posted but the completely broken sync timing is still there -- which is broken on both the Delay as well as the LFO. I'd think it would take priority over everything else, as it's totally broken and the product does not playback the input values, it's all over the place, triplets are dotted, dotted are triplets, etc...

-M

I’m sure Patrick’s on it.

I don’t have acces right now, but is that the same behavior on TAL Sampler (if you or anybody else can check)? I seem to remember that I thought the delay times were a little off, but I could be mistaken.

Did I already say how cool it would be if you could use a different theme for each preset? Not exactly a priority.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Did I already say how cool it would be if you could use a different theme for each preset? Not exactly a priority.
Not exactly a priority, no... but it could be funny, indeed.
:clown:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

- Decay shape knob added (v 1.0.6)
- Bug fixes (v 1.0.6)

I love this added feature!

The synth is getting better and better and the more I play with, the more I love it :love:
Last edited by EnGee on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The sound of it is really immediately impressive. I'm not even sure why yet... I think it's the filter. I've been making some very expressive bass patches and leads with lots of velocity dynamics. The Filter sounds fantastic to me. Also, having the Unison stacking available independently for Osc 1 and 2 is really great (as opposed to if it was a global setting).

I do wish the cable animations were a little smoother, kinda throws off my workflow the way the movement is a bit slow / janky, but I can live with it.

Great synth!

-M

After the version 1.0.99 beta, we'll ask Patrick to sit down, put his feet up and have a glass of water (not of alcohol, it is bad for the heart).
:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

mholloway wrote:The sound of it is really immediately impressive. I'm not even sure why yet... I think it's the filter. I've been making some very expressive bass patches and leads with lots of velocity dynamics. The Filter sounds fantastic to me. Also, having the Unison stacking available independently for Osc 1 and 2 is really great (as opposed to if it was a global setting).

I do wish the cable animations were a little smoother, kinda throws off my workflow the way the movement is a bit slow / janky, but I can live with it.

Great synth!

-M
I'm not exactly sure either what I like about the sound so much, but I also think the filter is part of it. Overall I would describe MOD's sound as "solid and smooth," with just a touch of "bite." (And you thought wine connoisseurs were a bunch of c**ts. :D)
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”