RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

EnGee wrote:
The synth is getting better and better and the more I play with, the more I love it :love:
I have the same experience, especially programming my own sounds. This synth will be surely used in my next productions and complements other soft synths so nicely.

I know they're really not comparable, but currently TAL-Mod and Synthmaster One cost exactly the same. Which one would you buy? Which one sounds better (for electronic, trance and ambient music)? Which one is more fun to use?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:I know they're really not comparable, but currently TAL-Mod and Synthmaster One cost exactly the same. Which one would you buy? Which one sounds better (for electronic, trance and ambient music)? Which one is more fun to use?
It's a personal taste and for me TAL-Mod definitely wins in all contexts ;)
It's more inviting to make your own presets as the sound changes in a smooth way.

Try both demos and see for yourself.

Just purchased .
Been enjoying for over a week . :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

EnGee wrote:
antic604 wrote:I know they're really not comparable, but currently TAL-Mod and Synthmaster One cost exactly the same. Which one would you buy? Which one sounds better (for electronic, trance and ambient music)? Which one is more fun to use?
It's a personal taste and for me TAL-Mod definitely wins in all contexts ;)
It's more inviting to make your own presets as the sound changes in a smooth way.

Try both demos and see for yourself.
Thanks, I will. Although in the meantime I found ArcSyn, which - despite being 2x the price - is literally doing some jaw dropping sounds, as per the video posted few pages back.

Decisions, decisions... :scared:
Music tech enthusiast

JerGoertz wrote:
I'm not exactly sure either what I like about the sound so much, but I also think the filter is part of it. Overall I would describe MOD's sound as "solid and smooth," with just a touch of "bite." (And you thought wine connoisseurs were a bunch of c**ts. :D)
It definitely has a little grit to it, one of the things I really like about it. The price at 60 even is a no brainer. TAL stuff is almost always a sure buy. (Even if I'm still waiting for out channels for Sampler)

Would love to see a triplet option in the sequencer
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Would love to see a triplet option in the sequencer
+ 1.

beware: in 1.0.6 filter cutoff automation changed to voice stealing parameter..
seems to be changing since in beta still. Did Patrick mention a date for going stable and when parameter ids won't change?

Guys, I changed the colors and now I can't restore the (actual) default...??? The "default" button on the Colors screen is NOT the actual default the program originally opened with (the light blue color one). Now, even after a re-installation, it always loads the last color I had selected....how do I just get back to the original one?? is there a prefs file somewhere I can trash?

please help out, it looks so fugly now... :(

thanks,
-M

mholloway wrote:Guys, I changed the colors and now I can't restore the (actual) default...??? The "default" button on the Colors screen is NOT the actual default the program originally opened with (the light blue color one). Now, even after a re-installation, it always loads the last color I had selected....how do I just get back to the original one?? is there a prefs file somewhere I can trash?

please help out, it looks so fugly now... :(

thanks,
-M
I did a screen shot to get back (roughly to the original) on this thread if you look for my posts on this thread you will find it.

edit:

viewtopic.php?p=7048118#p7048118

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks Zvenx! Hopefully he switches the original back to the actual 'default' button in the color chooser at some point...

Unrelated, is it just me, or does the "Saturation" knob on the filter do practically nothing? The readout says it's "filter drive" but it's changing the output very minimally for me....

-M

mholloway wrote:is it just me, or does the "Saturation" knob on the filter do practically nothing? The readout says it's "filter drive" but it's changing the output very minimally for me....

-M
This depends on the filter settings, crank up the resonance and you should hear a clearly noticable difference. Also try different filter envelope and modulation options and perhaps you'll notice for some settings the difference may become more noticable.

Return to “Instruments”