Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Tappistry
KVRian
875 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Ok, help me with A/B decision please, between Audio Damage Filterstaion vs. Cytomic The Drop.

Let's say between sales and/or the FS forum here, I could acquire The Drop for a difference of about $30 over Filterstation. Worth it or not?

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
3799 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Still pretty much in favor of KK Mk1, as those Maschine buttons on Mk2 do nothing for me.

Tappistry
KVRian
875 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Fleer wrote:Still pretty much in favor of KK Mk1, as those Maschine buttons on Mk2 do nothing for me.
I'm sure there are Mk1's floating around as well. The Mk2's came out ... last year? I'm sure people ponied up the cash to upgrade.

dzilizzi
KVRian
887 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:22 pm

I'm not sure this is a bargain, but NI emailed a crossgrade offer for Kontakt 5 for $249.

$150 off because I own a crossgradable player product. They forgot to check that I also own Kontakt 5. :dog:

DrMEM
KVRist
110 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 pm

dzilizzi wrote:I'm not sure this is a bargain, but NI emailed a crossgrade offer for Kontakt 5 for $249.

$150 off because I own a crossgradable player product. They forgot to check that I also own Kontakt 5. :dog:
Isn't $250 the standard crossgrade price? And it goes down to $125 during summer/BF sales.

Tappistry
KVRian
875 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:06 pm

DrMEM wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:I'm not sure this is a bargain, but NI emailed a crossgrade offer for Kontakt 5 for $249.

$150 off because I own a crossgradable player product. They forgot to check that I also own Kontakt 5. :dog:
Isn't $250 the standard crossgrade price? And it goes down to $125 during summer/BF sales.
Correct

And some inexpensive third-party libraries make you eligible for the upgrade, as I found out. A $30 purchase of Phaedra let me into the crossgrade path. :D

zakufan
KVRist
109 posts since 1 Jan, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:06 pm

If anyone has a spare presonus waves voucher, please let me know, I'd love to use it :hug:
Faders gonna fade. Filters gonna filt.

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
2748 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 pm

zakufan wrote:If anyone has a spare presonus waves voucher, please let me know, I'd love to use it :hug:
i share a presonus waves voucher , just check my post and use it if it hasn't be already used.

Tappistry
KVRian
875 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 am

Anyone have a Goodhertz referral code they'd like to pass along? $10 is $10, I guess. :D

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
1964 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:19 am

Tappistry wrote:Anyone have a Goodhertz referral code they'd like to pass along? $10 is $10, I guess. :D
Check your PM, thx :D

User avatar
Nobdi
KVRist
212 posts since 29 Apr, 2010

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 am

Tappistry wrote:
DrMEM wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:I'm not sure this is a bargain, but NI emailed a crossgrade offer for Kontakt 5 for $249.

$150 off because I own a crossgradable player product. They forgot to check that I also own Kontakt 5. :dog:
Isn't $250 the standard crossgrade price? And it goes down to $125 during summer/BF sales.
Correct

And some inexpensive third-party libraries make you eligible for the upgrade, as I found out. A $30 purchase of Phaedra let me into the crossgrade path. :D
For some NI stuff even the free DrumMicA makes you eligible. Worth giving a try :wink:

Ryan99
KVRian
532 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 am

zakufan wrote:If anyone has a spare presonus waves voucher, please let me know, I'd love to use it :hug:
It was valid until April 22nd...

dzilizzi
KVRian
887 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:13 am

Tappistry wrote:
DrMEM wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:I'm not sure this is a bargain, but NI emailed a crossgrade offer for Kontakt 5 for $249.

$150 off because I own a crossgradable player product. They forgot to check that I also own Kontakt 5. :dog:
Isn't $250 the standard crossgrade price? And it goes down to $125 during summer/BF sales.
Correct

And some inexpensive third-party libraries make you eligible for the upgrade, as I found out. A $30 purchase of Phaedra let me into the crossgrade path. :D
Yeah, I didn't think it was much of a deal, which is why I didn't post it on the main deals thread.

LOL! But they were sure trying to make it sound like a great deal in the email.

v1o
KVRian
1092 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 am

jsp1979 wrote:
v1o wrote:When did Tal Sampler last go on sale?
They had a 40% off sale on Black Friday (late November 2017). I think that was the last one.
I dunno how I missed it! Guess I will have to wait till November.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1025 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm

I was wondering if people have issues with the rar files that VSTBuzz/AudioBundleDeals provides.

I was unable to un-rar the last two purchases I made. I re-downloaded multiple times and used probably half a dozen un-rar utilities. No success. I'm on a Mac.

The last time this happened to me the original developer of the library told me that VSTBuzz had been re-packaging his library and that this repackaged library created issues for most Mac and many Windows users. Apparently they use a rar tool that does not play nice. Back then, VSTBuzz allowed me to access the library in a single file which worked.

This time, however, they left me hanging completely. All I currently have is a set of rar files that is un-un-rar-able. And all that their support is sending me is one "use another un-rar tool" message after another. I have 30 years experience as an IT professional and I am completely stymied.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”