Access virus ti snow browse presets ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got this synth but thè preset browser is crap !
Is there any way or tips to browse presets?also you can only load virus instrument at a time . Thanks in advance :-)

Normally you just click on a preset in the pages under Browser tab.(*see below for an alt method which I suspect is the poor method you are taking about)

Typically you can load 1 instance of the Virus plug in (at least in Cubase) and then when you create up to 3 MIDI channels under it they appear

The Virus Snow is a little tricky to set up in a DAW and it will differ for each DAW somewhat. There are USB outputs that need "activating" and MIDI routing. Normally there is 1 instance of the Plug in loaded in a VSTi track and you need to create MIDI tracks that then corespond to the 4 sounds that you are able to play simultanesouly.

I am working on a track now but no Virus in it.. otherwise I may have remembered/explained this more clearly.

* You see where it says 1-4 on the left side.. you select which one you want and can also click "Load" each can load a patch and have a MIDI channel routed to it.(Which appears to be done automatically when you create a MIDI channel in Cubase directly under the VSTi)

You will have to try and work things out by ex[erimenting and exploring the synth. There is no other way of doing it really. Just get familiar with your DAW routing of outputs/devices and MIDI and how it sees the Virus as a device. Logically there should be some way of activating the "USB output pairs" so you have have 3 discrete channels in your mixer to be able to change the levels.

The truth be known it is rather fiddly and most of the time I create a sound myself and a musical part (MIDI) and then I bounce it to a 24 bit audio part and keep the MIDI stored in the session with a note of the patch. It takes time to develop a workflow that works for yourself related to how stable it is with your machine.

Last edited by Synthman2000 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks man and for the other day too :-)
I really hate the presets browser I'm thinking of selling it

Typically a preset browser is not a usual reason to sell, what to some is the best sounding
digital synth that exists. You should persist, anything worth learning often have a learning curve to it.

Making music and synthesis is not learnt over night. :neutral:

Don't be too hasty and keep working with it.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I haven't spent a ton of time with mine, but what I've done (going by memory here) is to browse through presets on the upper pane of the Browser tab with the arrow keys on my keyboard, then when I find one I like I add it to a new bank on the lower pane. So, for instance, I'd make a fav leads bank.. and then as I find leads I like while moving around the top, I drag them to the one on the bottom.

Think I'll confirm that when I get home and update this post as necessary.. but yeah, I found that to be an acceptable way to work within its limitations.

Edit: Just double-checked and my memory was correct. Woo.
Last edited by Naenyn on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good idea thank you very much

Virus plugin can browse patches by categories (like acid, leads, pads etc). Also you can search by name (type in some letters and it will show the patches whose names contain these letters). Also you can make your own bank and store your own presets and/or your favourites there.

Yes, you can have only one working instance of the plugin. It may accept 4 midi cahnnels and have 3 outputs but I usually just bounce Virus track by track.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks

Return to “Instruments”