Linux Waveform 9.1 presets resetting on playback

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed Waveform Pro

Hello all,
This is my first time posting. I looked for an answer to my issue but couldn't find any, so sincere apologies if this is a duplicate issue.

I have been having an issue using an up to date Antergos Linux, a stable 4.15 kernel, Alsa, and waveform 9.1.1-1 from the Aur tracktion-waveform stable link. With some vst's, most recently dexed, all seems well when I audition and record a track. When I go to replay what I have recorded the preset has changed to a different one, always the same one regardless of which one I select. I can reselect the preset while the project is playing and it will play with the desired preset just fine. However, when I restart the track or stop it and play it again the preset has reverted to the wrong one again. I have tried saving a new preset and using that, no luck.

I initially noticed this using bridged windows vst's with linvst and thought it was related to something buggy there. I have since noticed it with other plugins as mentioned. I think it may have stated when the AUR repository updated from the initial release of waveform 9 to 9.0.37.

Any insight or ideas? Is this a know issue or am I possibly nooby?

Any help much appreciated.

Robin

Played around a bit with this tonight. The issue is replicated with the built in FM synth plugin that comes with waveform as well. Odd!

Sounds to me as if you had record a program change.

You were 100% right, good call! I've never encountered this before. Do some vsts write program changes by default while others don't? Or do some respect ones that are already written while others ignore them? Thanks so much for the help!

Not all plugins respond to program change messages so you might see differences when using different plugins. Not easy for tracking problems down I'm afraid!

I've seen a similar thing happen when I apply a stepper LFO to a track and set it to run in Hz mode. I save the edit then re-open and then LFO is back in bar mode.

It sound like it may be a separate problem though but I have been reluctant to start a new thread just is case there is some cross-over with this issue.
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

Hello all,

I got the same issue with waveform 9.1, using my MOX6, Scarlet 18i8 interface. The track resets. How do I fix this isssue. Apologize for the redundancy, I'm new to recordings... thanks for any kind of help.

If you accidentally recorded a Program Change command, you can check this with the Midi-Editor.
Switch on Controllers + Program Change to see it. You can also delete it there.
Or when you´re shure there are no important Controller-Data in this clip you can also select Delete Midi Content / Delete all Controllers from the Clip in the Properties Panel.
If you general have this problem, your question was answered here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=503939

Return to “Tracktion”