Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra Gold” by EastWest Sounds (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €546 Now €219!

More information at: https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollyw ... st-sounds/
Sweet deal. Love my Hollywood Gold.
:lol:

I just picked up Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra as my first big orchestral library. I also have Virtuoso Ensembles. I mainly wanted some affordable libraries for when I want to add orchestral elements as intros, outros, or transitions within songs I’m doing. I play mostly prog rock and metal, and recently started getting into electronic stuff as well.

I don’t do any serious scoring work. While that deal looks tempting, it seems like just general GAS at this point, and maybe slightly redundant to Kirk Hunter Diamond for my purposes. :?

Tappistry wrote:
Fleer wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra Gold” by EastWest Sounds (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) - Normally €546 Now €219!

More information at: https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollyw ... st-sounds/
Sweet deal. Love my Hollywood Gold.
:lol:

I just picked up Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra as my first big orchestral library. I also have Virtuoso Ensembles. I mainly wanted some affordable libraries for when I want to add orchestral elements as intros, outros, or transitions within songs I’m doing. I play mostly prog rock and metal, and recently started getting into electronic stuff as well.

I don’t do any serious scoring work. While that deal looks tempting, it seems like just general GAS at this point, and maybe slightly redundant to Kirk Hunter Diamond for my purposes. :?
Was toying with the idea of buying KHDO but I use orchestral elements less than you and think the Kontakt VSL will do for my purposes (would probably process them quite heavily afterwards so realism isn't really an issue).

GAS is an odd beast when thinking of spending a fair amount on something, and using up a fair whack of hd space, as a handy tool to have on the offchance I might actually use it in the future.

Omkar wrote:Does have JRRshop a time frame for Softube Tube-Tech Mk II Collections intro price?
And will Kush REDDI land at retailers?
The Softube Tube-Tech mkII sale ends June 14. I'll find out about REDDI.

For a beginner who never used orchestral vsts before, but might want to play around with one: KHDO or EastWest Hollywood Gold?

FWIW, I had a student who didn't have much experience and he was able to do really impressive sounding work with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Silver. I imagine Hollywood Orchestra is even better.

Drogers wrote:
e@rs wrote:Tempted by the PB BigKick sale in the KVR Marketplace. Never bought anything from there; do they offer the option to pay with PayPal?
Yes, I’ve paid with PayPal on an item in the KVR Marketplace.
dzilizzi wrote:I've got some good deals at the KVR Marketplace and I always pay with Paypal.
Cool. Thank you, guys!
Last edited by e@rs on Thu May 17, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote:For just $99.99, Production Voices proudly offers The Kontakt Piano Bundle featuring 4 epic piano libraries at an amazing 75% off ($296 savings)!

This massive bundle contains some of the best piano samples and Kontakt piano libraries that Production Voices has to offer. The bundle includes
  • 4 mic sample Yamaha C3,
  • 8 mic sampled Yamaha C7,
  • Production Voices’ highly sought after Death Piano containing upright and grand piano morphed offerings and
  • 3 mic sampled Kawai GS 60 praised for its natural tone and unique character.
In total, there are over 50,000 samples and over 90 GB of content before lossless compression. All libraries require the full retail version of Kontakt. You do not want to miss this amazing deal, hurry and save!

Deal Page URL: https://audioplugin.deals/the-big-deal/

Deal expires May 30th.
ProductionVoices has some of the best sampled grands to be found. At this price mighty sweet indeed.

So I finally downloaded and installed the new UVI Workstation version. It includes a taster of the Falcon Hybrid synth. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up Falcon when they were practically giving it away upon release. Regardless, the UVI demo sounds awesome and I've been looking around for the best possible Falcon deal.

At the moment, it seems that $250 USD is the going rate. Before I take the plunge, does anyone know of a less expensive way to get this? Crossgrade/upgrade perhaps? Does it occasionally go on sale? If so when?

Any input on this is much appreciated.
Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:So I finally downloaded and installed the new UVI Workstation version. It includes a taster of the Falcon Hybrid synth. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up Falcon when they were practically giving it away upon release. Regardless, the UVI demo sounds awesome and I've been looking around for the best possible Falcon deal.

At the moment, it seems that $250 USD is the going rate. Before I take the plunge, does anyone know of a less expensive way to get this? Crossgrade/upgrade perhaps? Does it occasionally go on sale? If so when?

Cheers
-B
If you buy a "new" copy of Falcon it comes with a 100$ UVI voucher which is why you should never pay more than $250 second hand. It does go on sale once in a while. Not particularly often, but it happens. I have seen it on sale at bigfishaudio.com a few times.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

ErBen wrote:For a beginner who never used orchestral vsts before, but might want to play around with one: KHDO or EastWest Hollywood Gold?
EW Hollywood Gold would be the more useable library based on everything I've read. It is considered a higher level than KHDO. Now, that said, if you are just going to use strings and a bit of brass for a pop song, you might be better off saving your money and going with KHDO.

This guy wrote a great article on orchestral libraries - the pros and cons. Might be worth a read. You'll see he mentions Hollywood Orchestra but not Kirk Hunter. It was aimed toward those who want to get started in orchestration or film work. https://orchestralvst.wordpress.com/

Fleer wrote:
Audio Plugin Deals wrote:For just $99.99, Production Voices proudly offers The Kontakt Piano Bundle featuring 4 epic piano libraries at an amazing 75% off ($296 savings)!

This massive bundle contains some of the best piano samples and Kontakt piano libraries that Production Voices has to offer. The bundle includes
  • 4 mic sample Yamaha C3,
  • 8 mic sampled Yamaha C7,
  • Production Voices’ highly sought after Death Piano containing upright and grand piano morphed offerings and
  • 3 mic sampled Kawai GS 60 praised for its natural tone and unique character.
In total, there are over 50,000 samples and over 90 GB of content before lossless compression. All libraries require the full retail version of Kontakt. You do not want to miss this amazing deal, hurry and save!

Deal Page URL: https://audioplugin.deals/the-big-deal/

Deal expires May 30th.
ProductionVoices has some of the best sampled grands to be found. At this price mighty sweet indeed.
I have both the Death Piano - which I love using, such great sounds - and the Estate Grand, another great sounding piano. I would be jumping on this if they had the full version of the Production Grand, which is an amazing sounding piano that I don't think I have ever seen on sale. I'm not sure what the LE version is missing from the full version.

Looking to buy a couple of expansions for Tone2 icarus. Do they ever go on sale?

Are there any IMSTA FESTA deals this year? There were some good deals last year

Looks like my $25 NI voucher expires in a couple days. Too bad they haven’t released Komplete 12 yet.

I guess I could pick up the Phasis/Enemble effect pack in the meantime.

mgw38 wrote:
BERFAB wrote:So I finally downloaded and installed the new UVI Workstation version. It includes a taster of the Falcon Hybrid synth. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up Falcon when they were practically giving it away upon release. Regardless, the UVI demo sounds awesome and I've been looking around for the best possible Falcon deal.

Cheers
-B
If you buy a "new" copy of Falcon it comes with a 100$ UVI voucher which is why you should never pay more than $250 second hand. It does go on sale once in a while. Not particularly often, but it happens. I have seen it on sale at bigfishaudio.com a few times.
Didn't know about the voucher. Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”